1 (3.7%)
Master ED
0 (0%)
ED GG
0 (0%)
SD2SNES
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Can't wait to get my 1st everdrive!  (Read 9734 times)

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
Can't wait to get my 1st everdrive!
« on: August 11, 2014, 04:47 AM »
Going to get my 1st everdrive, hopefully soon, it will either be a mega everdrive or sd2snes, still trying to decide, or if i can i will get both of them. ;)

So what was everybody's 1st everdrive that you got?

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
  • Music and Games are good for the soul.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't wait to get my 1st everdrive!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16 AM »
Mine was the ED64. Have a post about the history of my choice in getting one here http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1962.0
You will love it no matter the choice, though to be technical, the SD2SNES isnt a everdrive, but a flashcart that Krikzz manufactures :P.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:20 AM by Paulweeze »
Everdrives I own: ED64, Mega Everdrive, EDGB, EDGG, N8, Master Everdrive

Other Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
  • So many games, too little time
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 06:38 AM »
Mine was also the ED64, though only because all the others were out of stock at the time (all of mine are the Deluxe Editions from Stone Age Gamer - I'm a sucker for those, it seems). I really wanted the SD2SNES. Next came Mega ED, then Super ED cause I got tired of waiting for the SD2SNES to come back in stock. About 7 months later I finally got the SD2SNES and just last week I ordered the N8. Already had a PowerPak. So yeah, I have two for NES and SNES...planning to hold onto them for use with converters for the Nintendo Playchoice-10 and Nintendo Super System, respectively.

At the rate KRIKzz is going, I have a feeling that "EverDrive" will eventually become a proprietary eponym for all console flash carts ;) This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I guess, but my eye does twitch anytime the SD2SNES is referred to or is lumped in with the EverDrive brand. Haha.
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 06:44 AM »
planning to hold onto them for use with converters for the Nintendo Playchoice-10 and Nintendo Super System, respectively.
That sounds sick dude. Def take some pics when you get that set up :).
Yea, my first 2 were SAG's Deluxe Edition as well, but i felt like their wasnt too much to offer for the portable Everdrives, so i got them from Retrogate (The EDGB comes with shell, but i spent .27 cents for a Game Gear shell i murdered to put a sd card slot and usb slot as well). I really need a N8, more than any other Everdrive atm but i am excited about the ED64 V3 coming out soon!

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36 AM »
planning to hold onto them for use with converters for the Nintendo Playchoice-10 and Nintendo Super System, respectively.
That sounds sick dude. Def take some pics when you get that set up :).
Yea, my first 2 were SAG's Deluxe Edition as well, but i felt like their wasnt too much to offer for the portable Everdrives, so i got them from Retrogate (The EDGB comes with shell, but i spent .27 cents for a Game Gear shell i murdered to put a sd card slot and usb slot as well). I really need a N8, more than any other Everdrive atm but i am excited about the ED64 V3 coming out soon!
Yeah, I don't have either a PC10 or a NSS yet...but hope to in the next few years. I'm out of room for more cabinets right now, but we should be moving to a bigger house in the next year or two, I imagine. I'm on waiting listings right now for the converters to use in those systems, though, so I should at least have those ready to go once I do have the chance to get those setup.

In some ways, I'm glad there's not a deluxe EDGG...my GG's screen is jacked and I haven't bothered to look and see what it'll take to fix it or do the LED mod. There's some great games on GG for sure, but most of them that I really care about, I think I already own (I need to review a complete list of US games, though, to be sure). Regardless, I'll probably get a EDGG one day, not so sure about EDGB. I really don't think I'd use it, but knowing me, if I had all the others, I'd get one just to complete the ED collection :P

I was trying to hold out on the N8 since I already had a PowerPak, but every time I use the PP, the menu irritates me simply because the ED menus are always so much nicer. I was also worried a v2 might come out before I get a PC10 to put the PP in. But then SAG got the Classic Deluxe back in stock and I had a $50 gift certificate, so I caved...

Like I said, I'm a sucker. But not disappointed :)
2600-Harmony Encore; NES-PowerPak, EverDrive N8; GB-EverDrive GB v1; SNES-Super ED v1, SD2SNES; GEN-Mega ED v1; N64-ED64 v2; NGPC-Bung 32Mb, NeoFlashMasta, NeoFlashMasta USB, NGP SD; GBA-EZ-Flash II 256Mb, EZ-Flash IV Redux, ED GBA X5; NDS-R4

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 07:46 AM »
In some ways, I'm glad there's not a deluxe EDGG...my GG's screen is jacked and I haven't bothered to look and see what it'll take to fix it or do the LED mod. There's some great games on GG for sure, but most of them that I really care about, I think I already own (I need to review a complete list of US games, though, to be sure). Regardless, I'll probably get a EDGG one day, not so sure about EDGB. I really don't think I'd use it, but knowing me, if I had all the others, I'd get one just to complete the ED collection :P
Yea my Game Gear aint modded as well, though id love to do that in the near future. The EDGB is good, but the Game Gear as lame as it sounds is more nostalgic to me. I got the EDGG thinking it would be another one just to get and play a few games, but it has grown on me. My Game Gear (with Super Wide Gear, talk about portablity :D) lays next to my bed, so i sneak in some hacks, protos, jap imports (godzilla is pretty cool imo) and master system games (dont have one and the EDGG can play a few more than the Mega Everdrive) at least once a day. That and most of my GG games are gone :(.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:03 AM »
EDMD v2. I just stumbled upon it randomly while looking for Gameboy flash card options. I got this around the time the Super ED was being made.

Offline J-E

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:39 AM »
First of all, I bought the turbodrive , it allowed me to test the concept of everdrive and test how retroconsole (one of the french seller) was reliable.  Later, when the money were less rare, I bought the master everdrive and the everdrive MD.

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 09:10 AM »
i can't wait to get my 1st ED. :D

also what are the differences mainly from getting a deluxe edition sd2snes from stone age gamer versus the standard sd2snes from retrogate?

another thing for the SNES & Genesis systems how are you guys connecting them to your HDTV/TVs? just curious as im not sure how I should connet my older systems to my new tvs.

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 10:14 AM »
my first order was actually a 3in1: Mega-ED, Master-ED and ED64  ;D

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 12:11 PM »
The first one was the ED64.
Flashcart for the N64 was the Holy grail of every N64 owner. It took ages to finally be available. I can remember the first concept ; there was a picture, 3D model with a red and green shell, that teased everyone for a long time.

Offline Paulweeze

• Video Game Connoisseur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 03:24 PM »
i can't wait to get my 1st ED. :D

also what are the differences mainly from getting a deluxe edition sd2snes from stone age gamer versus the standard sd2snes from retrogate?

another thing for the SNES & Genesis systems how are you guys connecting them to your HDTV/TVs? just curious as im not sure how I should connet my older systems to my new tvs.
The deluxe editions have a case, sd card and manual and they extensivly mod the cart to look brand new (vinyl grade spraypaint, cut sd slot, mod cart interior and solder chips (cic, dsp, ect.) if need be) so they do a very professional job, but it takes time and cost extra.
I just have my older systems hooked up via s video when possible, and av when not. Modding the systems would be a better approach but would be costly and take some effort.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 04:27 PM »

Pretty much what Paulweeze said. The details on the pages are pretty clear, I think. If you want something that has a nice case to sit on the shelf with the rest of your games and that looks like you paid a lot for it (which you will have if you buy one of the deluxe editions, haha), then go for the deluxe. If all you care about is the cart and can use one of a million SD cards you probably already own, then get the board only or board+shell from retrogate.

I've attached a couple of pics of my SNES carts when I first got them so you can hopefully see the quality. Can't seem to find the ones of the ED64 and MED. If I remember, I'll take a pic of them all on my game shelf tonight and post them just for fun. The SED and SD2SNES come in nicer cases now then when I got mine (which I plan to 'upgrade' to :P).

I still have two CRTs - my 19" + VCR from middle school and a 27" flat tube we bought when you could still find CRTs in stores. It's still pretty new - maybe from 2006 or so. The 19" is in the game room, so that's what I play most of mine on, which is cool since that's what a lot of these games were played on when I was growing up. The 27" is in my office right now - I used it mainly to watch TV when I still had cable. Now it doesn't really get used anymore. I'll eventually get an HDTV for the office once I have a bigger game room to fit both CRTs in. By then, I'm thinking PSX - Xbox will be on the 27" while all the classic stuff will remain on the 19".
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:51 PM by Mattroid »

Offline TheNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:10 PM »
Thanks guys for all the information and the pictures(Mattroid).

I can't wait to get my 1st ED, which is hopefully sooner then later.

Offline Mattroid

• Deluxe Edition
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Crusade
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 03:40 AM »
Thanks guys for all the information and the pictures(Mattroid).
Not a problem. Here's some more - just got my N8 in today. The BitBoxes they're using now are quite a bit taller than the others, so I'm looking forward to getting the SNES ones for my EDs as well as the others when they finally come out.

A few more pics, one of which gives a good comparison of how much the SD cards stick out of some of these, if that's a big deal to anyone. I wish they were all nice and flush like the N8, but it is what it is when you have so little room to work with.

I know, it's blasphemy to have the PowerPak in there, but figured I'd include it for comparison's sake ;)