Author Topic: SMS games on a Majesco GG  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Brooklyn

• View Profile
SMS games on a Majesco GG
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:55 AM »
Hi, I have both an original GG and the later Majesco released GG.  I prefer to play games on the Majesco GG due to the slightly better screen.  However, when I load SMS roms, the games play with no sound.  The GG roms works just fine with sound.  If I load the SMS games on my original GG sound works fine.  Is there any work around or is this a hardware limitation?

Thanks!

Offline J-E

• View Profile
Re: SMS games on a Majesco GG
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:01 AM »
I'have heard (or I had heard, I never remember how to speak english properly) that the majesco Game gear was naturally not at ease with the master system games and at that time, a new master gear converter was release to allow to play correctly the master system games on the majesco game gear.
So, I mean, that it's perhaps normal that you can't play master system games in good conditions.

Offline wilykat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 08:59 PM »
I'll try to explain better since I speak English naturally.  Majesco model is missing a resistor on GG/SMS mode pin in the cart connector. It's why some SMS adapter doesn't work on Majesco GG and some do.

Everdrive GG is supposed to auto toggle that pin when playing SMS games. I don't know if it has a resistor on that pin or not, Krikzz would have to explain.  But the fact you are able to play SMS games I think the mode is working fine and the problem is elsewhere.

Offline Brooklyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:14 AM »
Hey guys, I recapped the system and the sound came back on SMS titles.  Odd that the sound worked on GG titles and not SMS titles but whatever, now it all works very well!!