Author Topic: Backup Memory  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Whiskey

• View Profile
Backup Memory
« on: December 29, 2014, 08:19 PM »
Hi again, im have not search so mutch after this and are a bit lazy also.

Think i have use google but did not find mutch about it.

Anyway i did try to start Sonic CD for some days ago and used everdrive to start cd-bios think it was the japan 2.0 bios i use pal as original.

Anyway it complain on that it don´t have any backup memory and it can´t be saved, is this a bug? Something did wrong or can it be fixed?

Here is a pic maybe ppl will understand what i mean

/ Whiskey
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:15 AM by Whiskey »
Flash Carts I Own: ED64Plus / Mega Everdrive (Deluxe)

Consoles i own: NES / SMS / Genesis 1 (2) / Genesis 2 / Sega-CD 2 / Sega Mutli-Mega / SNES / Amiga CD32 / Sega Saturn / PSX (5) / PSXOne / N64 / DC / PS2 / PS2 Slim / GC (3) / XBOX (3) / PS3 / PS3 S Slim / X360 (Arcade/Elite/Slim) / Wii

Offline Assman

• View Profile
Re: Backup Memory
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:01 PM »
That's kind of odd as you don't really need a RAM cart for this game. Is your internal memory corrupt? You might try going into your memory manager and formatting either the internal RAM or the RAM cart (which the Mega ED can act as). That would wipe out your existing saves, but if they're corrupted anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Offline Whiskey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Where is the ram? Is it in the genesis or in the mega-cd?

/ Whiskey
Flash Carts I Own: ED64Plus / Mega Everdrive (Deluxe)

Consoles i own: NES / SMS / Genesis 1 (2) / Genesis 2 / Sega-CD 2 / Sega Mutli-Mega / SNES / Amiga CD32 / Sega Saturn / PSX (5) / PSXOne / N64 / DC / PS2 / PS2 Slim / GC (3) / XBOX (3) / PS3 / PS3 S Slim / X360 (Arcade/Elite/Slim) / Wii

Offline tertu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:58 PM »
As far as I know you do have to use the Mega CD BIOS to initialize the Mega Everdrive's virtual RAM cartridge. It might be that Sonic CD won't launch unless you do that.

The Mega CD has built-in RAM, but you could also buy cartridges that had more backup RAM on them, and the Mega Everdrive can act as one of them.

Offline bugeye

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:10 AM »
i had the same problem. i formatted the mega everdrive (ram cart)  in sega cd bios and then sonic cd gave the same message to initialize. i fixed the problem by making a sonic cd save in the sega cd internal ram and then copied the save to the ram cart in the options. the same options screen that enables you to format the ram. sonic now runs fine with mega everdrive. you must unplug the everdrive first before running sonic cd to make a save to internal ram (if you don't have an internal sonic save already) then do the copy process with the ram cart plugged in.
be sure to turn the power off before unplugging and inserting carts as everyone should know that already.
hope this helps

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:43 AM by bugeye »

Offline bugeye

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:18 AM »
i forgot to mention to please reply if this works for you so i know im not the only one with the cure to getting sonic cd to work.
im assuming this will work for others but i would like to know
thanks