Author Topic: EZ4 update, SDHC support  (Read 7877 times)

Offline djpannda

• View Profile
EZ4 update, SDHC support
« on: January 08, 2015, 07:42 PM »
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ez4-update-sdhc-support.377957/

Wow. if that works then thats big!...
I wonder if it had anything to do with Krikzz hint on a flashcard for gba.

Imma go dl the firmware and try it.

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
Re: EZ4 update, SDHC support
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 08:24 PM »
Wow that would be huge if it does work! The GBA library is pretty big, wouldn't mind having all of the English releases on one cart.
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:30 PM »
it works,tested it with 16 gb card,but despite the update still not drag&drop,its possible to drag&drop,but then no saves.
so hope the everdrive gba will arive this year.
instant buy for me.

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 08:42 PM »
Great to hear! I wonder if I should just sell mine now and wait for an ED variant. I currently have two of these but would rather have a quality ed one.

As for the saves you can make your own. Just copy a working save from another game and just rename it correctly. When the new save file is written to it will overwrite with the correct data.
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 02:36 AM »
wow, great news.

As for the "drag and dop" support, why is this a big deal?
Just process all your roms ONCE with the loader program (configure the output to another directory and not the sd card) and use the processed files for "drag and drop". Gets the job done just fine.

Offline ApolloBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:25 AM »
As for the "drag and dop" support, why is this a big deal?
Uhh in case you get bad dumps and/or you're into hacks and translations?

Offline gladders

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 11:35 AM »
The patching software isn't perfect either. On mine, SMB3 saves will endure, but if I play another game, save a file, then go back to SMB3, and then return to the other game, the saved game is lost. Only SMB3 keeps going for some reason. Tried with multiple ROMs and patch software.

Offline vmhomeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 04:15 AM »
This is great!  It'll hold me over until Krikzz releases his GBA cart. Hopefully his cart isn't too far away though.

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 10:11 AM »
Hopefully he will release the Everdrive GBA Advance soon and please let him make a Support for the AD Adapter/SNES to GBA for Super Nintento. It would be lots of more fun than playing GBA Games on the Gamecube.
I hope he will do this!

Please Krikzz!

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 05:12 PM »
Hopefully he will release the Everdrive GBA Advance soon and please let him make a Support for the AD Adapter/SNES to GBA for Super Nintento. It would be lots of more fun than playing GBA Games on the Gamecube.
I hope he will do this!

Please Krikzz!

Even if it works he won't support it. Everdrives aren't supported on clone consoles and compatibility is YMMV.

Offline Dr.wario

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 01:14 PM »
I hope he will do this!

Please Krikzz!

Even if it works he won't support it. Everdrives aren't supported on clone consoles and compatibility is YMMV.

Eligible for reply of the year.

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52 PM »
I hope he will do this!

Please Krikzz!

Eligible for reply of the year.

Not sure if you are serious or poking fun. Its pretty obvious that there is no support for clone consoles as they usually run system on chip setups. I doubt they games will play GBA SNES adapter, the EZ Flash IV doesn't work on it.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Krikzz flashcarts are known to work on some clones unlike some of the competition. But there's no guarantee.