Author Topic: Mega EverDrive v2 release!  (Read 57759 times)

Offline Ripthorn

• View Profile
Re: Mega EverDrive v2 release!
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2015, 02:51 AM »
I already said that will not do anything to support Pier Solar, this game still in market
And what about the 120mbit max ROM size support on V1?
Already supported, but there is no any working games with such size, as far as i know
Well, last time I checked, the maximum supported was 80Mbit, but it is good to know that already supports 120Mbit.
I know, no game uses this size right now, but better safe then sorry later.

Offline netbeui

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43 AM »
Has anyone ordered a Mega Everdrive V2? I ordered mine on Jan 21 but my status on retrogate is stuck at "invoiced". Just wondering if anyone else ordered one through retrogate and if the status is different.

Offline vmhomeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2015, 05:35 PM »
I ordered on the 13th and it shipped on the 21st. 

Offline DandySephy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Has anyone ordered a Mega Everdrive V2? I ordered mine on Jan 21 but my status on retrogate is stuck at "invoiced". Just wondering if anyone else ordered one through retrogate and if the status is different.
AFAIK Krikzz usually builds them to order so it can take a week or so to be shipped (based on my experience with several orders). You'll receive a confirmation when it ships.

Offline netbeui

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I'll keep waiting patiently  :)

Offline douglie007

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30 PM »
I just received my Mega Ever drive in October,  would it be the v1, and is that why I have issues with my JVC Xeye ? Do you have a trade up program.  I would have waited if I would have known that you where making a new one in a couple months.

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 10:13 PM »
I just received my Mega Ever drive in October,  would it be the v1, and is that why I have issues with my JVC Xeye ? Do you have a trade up program.  I would have waited if I would have known that you where making a new one in a couple months.

it is most likely a V1. It will say on the board if you take the cart apart. No, Krikzz does not know why these issues with the Xeye persist, but there are some OS'es that work with it. i'd try them, if you can deal with the sacrifice in features. No, there is no trade in program. If you want a V2, the best thing to do would be to sell your V1, and get most of your money back to buy a V2, thought the differences are not substantial.
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline douglie007

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2015, 10:26 PM »

it is most likely a V1. It will say on the board if you take the cart apart. No, Krikzz does not know why these issues with the Xeye persist, but there are some OS'es that work with it. i'd try them, if you can deal with the sacrifice in features. No, there is no trade in program. If you want a V2, the best thing to do would be to sell your V1, and get most of your money back to buy a V2, thought the differences are not substantial.

I would only sell it if I know my Xeye would work fine with v2.  I have been using with my model 1 for the most part with no major issue. :) I didnt know I needed to hold reset for the saves to keep.  :) but I use it mostly as a RAM cart for my CD system

Offline Fmamarksman

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2015, 11:25 PM »
It will work with the v1, you just have to try all the OS's until you find one you know works.
"Father of the four winds fill my sails, cross the sea of years. With no provision, but an open face along the straits of fear."

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2015, 06:49 AM »
I just received my Mega Ever drive in October,  would it be the v1, and is that why I have issues with my JVC Xeye ?

Try OS V10 if you have the original Mega ED and want to use it on an X'Eye. It's listed as unstable, and it is when I use it on my model 1, but it works great on my X'Eye.

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2015, 07:49 AM »
I have a model 1 with mega everdrive v1 and have had no problem at all with os 10. Weird

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2015, 01:25 PM »
I have a model 1 with mega everdrive v1 and have had no problem at all with os 10. Weird

I second that. For the longest time (back to v6) The Mega ED had problems with my X'Eye. Random crashes on compatible games and purple screen of death when scrolling through the ED menu. With v10, it works perfectly. I don't have a genesis on hand to test, but from what I understand it is having the same problems my X'Eye did in versions past. Krikzz noted that the newer v2 Mega ED is more compatible with clones so it is an ongoing problem and I'm hoping my v1 Mega ED will still work with future updates (v11+)

Offline Ripthorn

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2015, 09:37 PM »
What kind of issues you have?
I own a X'EYE and so far I found no issue.

Offline strider1911

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2015, 04:48 AM »
Easiest way to tell apart the Mega Everdrive versions is to look at the top. If you have a micro SD slot then it is a V2.

Offline DandySephy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Easiest way to tell apart the Mega Everdrive versions is to look at the top. If you have a micro SD slot then it is a V2.
Thats a bit vague as the V1 has both micro sd and a normal sd card slot.