Author Topic: Code requests here...  (Read 29337 times)

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
i beat this game thanks!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Kyle I want to thank you again for the extra lives code its in the AM hours eastern  time in ohio and I just beat it even with Game Genie codes this game was a son of a b! I must have died at least a hundred times but if you get a chance play this game all the way through its really good.fire striker is another rare gem that people don't talk about I'm always looking for rare games that nobody heard of or cares about or doesn't even know existed that's fun to creat codes.I saw you posted that on game hackers that's great now other people can enjoy the codes god bless you man.

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
i beat this game thanks!
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 04:32 PM »
Worked great you should play this all the way through is hard as hell but great game

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
Re: Code requests here...
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 12:51 AM »
I beat this game last night awsome rom I think anybody that loves contra should give this a shot very good game.the code worked wonderfully I'm so thankful for that code thank you.the first turagine game is very good too

Offline Enzo1960

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 09:59 PM »
Please can you supply infinite health for Super Mario RPG?
I know, this SA1 game don't run on SuperEverdrive, nor Sd2Snes, but I own a japan SuperFamicom cart that I modified with a socket, so I can insert an american, or also an italian translated rom.
I searched for GG codes, or already patched rom, but I find nothing, only AR codes that cannot be used with GGguy....
It is possible? Thanks in advance!

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Is there a downloadable file including Pro Action Replay Codes for the NES, SNES and Mega Drive?
For Mega Drive maybe Game Genie Codes?
I would like to have them printed for offline use.
For any help I am very thankful.

Offline manorock850

• View Profile
infinite lives
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 06:30 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can make a gg code for infinite lives for whirlo for the snes. I would also like a jump in mid air for the short jumps. Thanks josh

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55 PM »
I know, this SA1 game don't run on SuperEverdrive, nor Sd2Snes, but I own a japan SuperFamicom cart that I modified with a socket, so I can insert an american, or also an italian translated rom.
I searched for GG codes, or already patched rom, but I find nothing, only AR codes that cannot be used with GGguy....
A real game genie won't work with games that use special chips (besides DSP1) because the Game Genie does not have pass through for the expansion pins. Any SNES game with extra side pins will not run properly with a Genie. This includes popular chips like SA-1 and SFX.

EDIT: I just realise you have a socket and want to burn a hacked game ROM. This should work. You can also use cheat codes in an EMU with chipped games. There are tools available to convert codes into hex address and visa versa. Try GGconvert. Good luck!

EDIT2: If your emulator has a debugger or trainer, you can locate the RAM address that holds Mario's health. This value should decrease every time Mario takes a hit. Next, you will need to search the ROM for instruction to decrement (subtract from) this RAM address, and replace with a NOP instruction. This requires a basic knowledge of assembly code. Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:41 PM by StarDust4Ever »

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 03:11 PM »
I would like to request feature to disable GG codes while playing. The real Game Genie can do this with a switch on the cart. I attempted to play Megaman X1 on my Everdrive with infinite health and infinite energy, but I quickly found out the boss of the first area was undefeatable. I watched a youtube video and megaman must take damage from the boss to the point of near death before his sidekick dog intervenes and destroy the boss.

On real system, the player could manually switch off the Genie during the boss fight to allow to take damage and proceed through the game, then switch it back on to continue playing.

Because the Everdrive applies the codes as ROM patch prior to load, it is impossible by design to disable and reenable the codes during play. A potential workaround I thought up is to place the Everdrive on top of a real Genie, enter the cheat codes, turn Genie off, boot the Everdrive menu, load game, then turn the codes on. The Genie must be off when booting the Everdrive, otherwise the patch would be applied to the OS resulting in error or possible corruption.

Before anyone brings it up, yes I'm aware that my feature request to disable codes is impossible with current firmware, as I explained in the third paragraph. I mainly want to know is it safe to use a real Game Genie with the Everdrive? Has anyone tried this? Probably not wise but I thought I'd ask. Everdrive is a highly sophisticated piece of technology and I wouldn't want to break something.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:21 PM by StarDust4Ever »

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 06:21 PM »
There's a fair amount of this in hard coding cheats. Maybe there's another for infinite E tanks or similar.

Offline schooluser

• View Profile
Game genie codes - menu - button - text files
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Is there a downloadable file including Pro Action Replay Codes for the NES, SNES and Mega Drive?
For Mega Drive maybe Game Genie Codes?
I would like to have them printed for offline use.
For any help I am very thankful.

I thought game genie codes were compatible with pro action replay for SNES... I have a file for SNES game genie codes, I downloaded it from an arcade kiosk building forum, it's scraped from the game genie website...

I thought everdrive only used game genie codes.

What is the best way everyone implements the codes in their rom collections? I have dozens of favorites across several platforms. Of course with a single file the codes are easy to find, but it's a serious task to try and separate each game out and make an individual file, and even then you don't know what the codes do while selecting them in the everdrive menu. I'd like to keep this whole file so that I can select each game's cheats when I start. My idea is to create a text file with the game name and what the cheat code does, with the code inside, but I'd like a better way to do this. Does anyone know if you can apply multiple separate cheat text files when you're about to start a game?

I wish there were a way to choose in a list view with cheat descriptions which codes to use and apply all at once and start the game, like in the USB CFG loader for wii. I'd hate to have to make thousands of files because I plan on doing codes for every game that has them in NES, SNES, N64, and eventually TG16.

What's the current way everyone is storing their cheats for each game?

I'd also like to know from krikzz how possible it is to implement an external button that enables/disables cheats and if there's an easy way to modify the OS or something concerning how cheats are selected. Anyone know the best way to ask him since most people hate being private messaged out of the blue?

(I tried attaching the game genie SNES codes file to here, it's just a text file, but it says the upload folder is full.)

Offline StarDust4Ever

• View Profile
Re: Game genie codes - menu - button - text files
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2015, 05:26 AM »

I'd also like to know from krikzz how possible it is to implement an external button that enables/disables cheats and if there's an easy way to modify the OS or something concerning how cheats are selected. Anyone know the best way to ask him since most people hate being private messaged out of the blue?

(I tried attaching the game genie SNES codes file to here, it's just a text file, but it says the upload folder is full.)
This would not be possible because the cheats are patched directly into the flash where the game is stored. Once you hit "apply", the patches are permanent stored in flash area until you reflash it with a new ROM. Think each code acts as a tiny IPS patch that overwrites one byte of data somewhere in the currently flashed ROM.

You cannot disable the codes as per the switch on a real Genie. The real Genie stores these modified values in RAM and when this address is accessed, returns the modified value instead of the actual value present in the ROM. When you switch the Genie OFF, the original ROM value, not the modified one, is passed to the console. So if a particular cheat code causes you to get stuck in game, switch it off temporarily.

I don't believe it is possible on the current Everdrives to disable codes on the fly without adding additional hardware. That's why I am asking if it is safe to use a real Genie with the Everdrive attached, assuming I switch it off when booting to the menu. I am scared of corrupting the ED firmware if I forget to turn the codes off. Krikzz said the firmware is loaded off the SD card at boot, so I shouldn't have to worry about corruption of the ED itself. But I need to know for sure. He likely added patch support so people wouldn't attempt to use external cheat device like I am tempted to do. An active patch running during the ED menu could really bork the Everdrive OS or cause malfunction, just like a bad code in a game can cause it to crash or operate erratically.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:34 AM by StarDust4Ever »

Offline Enzo1960

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39 AM »
A real game genie won't work with games that use special chips (besides DSP1) because the Game Genie does not have pass through for the expansion pins. Any SNES game with extra side pins will not run properly with a Genie. This includes popular chips like SA-1 and SFX.

EDIT: I just realise you have a socket and want to burn a hacked game ROM. This should work. You can also use cheat codes in an EMU with chipped games. There are tools available to convert codes into hex address and visa versa. Try GGconvert. Good luck!

EDIT2: If your emulator has a debugger or trainer, you can locate the RAM address that holds Mario's health. This value should decrease every time Mario takes a hit. Next, you will need to search the ROM for instruction to decrement (subtract from) this RAM address, and replace with a NOP instruction. This requires a basic knowledge of assembly code. Good luck!

Thank you for informations!
But, after several tries, I discovered that Snes disassemble isn't easy, because ram locations aren't visibles in rom code. So, best solution I find was to buy an Pro Action Replay 2, that works with SFX carts too. I was lucky because this device isn't so esay to find, novadays: I'm waiting for it...

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03 AM »
Good choice. I have one for SNES and Mega Drive. They are not cheap. My hardest one to hunt down was for Master System. Those puppies are rare.

Offline Enzo1960

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 10:27 AM »
You're right, I payed for it about 40 eur.
I hope it works with Super Famicom or Super Nes too, because it is for PAL Super Nintendo!
Anyway, I own all 3 consoles, so I can use this PAR2 for sure.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 12:07 PM »
They work fine on NTSC systems.