Author Topic: Patched EEPROM ROMs?  (Read 20190 times)

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
Re: Patched EEPROM ROMs?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 11:48 PM »
I think yes, but we should wait for an answer of Krikzz better to be 100% sure.  ;)

aloram

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 12:19 AM »
Does anyone have an answer on which EEPROM-save games v2 supports? Krikzz's comparison chart says "partial" for "EEPROM saves support," but I can't find a definitive list.

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/comparison/genesis-everdrive-compare.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:25 AM by Heathcliff »

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 04:49 AM »
That's very cool that EEPROM support was added. I would like to see a confirmed list of the working EEPROM games on V2 hardware as well if anyone has tested them all.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:52 AM by SmokeMonster »

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 02:52 PM »
No new firmware OS for the mega everdrive V1 ??? thanks

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 11:50 PM »
No new firmware OS for the mega everdrive V1 ??? thanks

I don't know what happened to the Project with the OS10.
It has never been finished and/or released.
Maybe Krikzz knows why?

aloram

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Now that I have a v2, I can test to see which ones save. I don't have a 32X, so I can't those games. Earlier in this thread, Krikzz said Wonder Boy saves without a patch. I can't test everything right away, but I'll report my findings back here when I get around to testing them. If any other v2 owners want to help me, I'd appreciate it; we could split up the list. Thanks.

aloram

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 08:44 PM »
I tested a few of them on v2. All ROMs are No-Intro.

NBA Jam - Does NOT Save
NHLPA Hockey '93 - Does NOT Save
Rings of Power - Does NOT Save

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23 PM »
Rings and NHLPA is from Electronic Arts, NBA Jam is from Acclaim.  There are five known and distinct EEPROM addressing schemes, Acclaim x 2, Codemasters, Electronic Arts, Sega & Capcom.  Acclaim and Codemasters used EEPROMs from 128 bytes to 8KB.  Sega and Capcom use an identical scheme and always used a 128 byte EEPROM.  If Wonderboy works, Mega Man and the two boxing games will too.  The rest will require hacked ROMs or save states unless Krikzz implements support for their schemes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:26 PM by Great Hierophant »
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline ginoscope

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2016, 08:19 PM »
I can't get Mega Man Wily Wars to save on my new Mega Everdrive v2 with OS 2.01.  I have used several of the patched roms and nothing works.  I have tried an unpatched rom and a patched and I get the same behavior.  Other games save just fine including Monster World that is an EEPROM game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 10:10 PM »
I can't get Mega Man Wily Wars to save on my new Mega Everdrive v2 with OS 2.01.  I have used several of the patched roms and nothing works.  I have tried an unpatched rom and a patched and I get the same behavior.  Other games save just fine including Monster World that is an EEPROM game.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. I have tried the patched EU Wily Wars ROM, an unpatched EU ROM, and a couple ROMS of the JP Rockman Megaworld and can't get any of them to save. I have also experienced some strangeness when I tried to load a save I created with Kega Fusion into the Everdrive. When I did that, the JP Rockman Megaworld created an eep file, despite how it's supposed to use sram. It still didn't save after it created this file. I'm on OS 3.01. The roms are from the no-intro set (aside from the patched EU rom, which I patched myself with an ips file).

Edit: I tried some roms from the Goodset, including the f4 patch and couldn't get any of them to save. I'm perplexed by this issue since most other non eeprom saves work fine, but even the non-epprom Wily Wars roms aren't working. I curious what it causing this issue and disappointed that more information isn't available. I also tried resetting and turning the game off and turning off various settings like the region bypass (my Genesis has a region switch for JP games like Rockman Megaworld), reset to menu, and cheats, but nothing works. I also just updated to 3.02.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:03 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Wily Wars. No fix?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 02:29 AM »
No fix for Rockman Megaworld/Megaman The Wily Wars? I'm curious what is causing this issue since even the SRAM versions aren't working. I searched using Google and looked up other posts here and couldn't find a solution. I find it especially odd that the SRAM ones aren't working.

I'm also curious about which other EEPROM games are working besides Wonder Boy in Monster World. Is Sports Talk Baseball working? It seems to go into the game as if it's detecting the save memory, but I haven't played long enough to save.

Offline Retro-Nerd

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 02:07 AM »
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/514/

Are you sure you've patched the Europe Rom?

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2016, 02:49 AM »
100% sure. I used the Europe ROM from No Intro for the patch (which is the same one you linked to). I even tried the pre-patched ROM from Goodgen that was in the smokemonster set. Also, the JP ROMs aren't saving and those don't need to be patched. I tried resetting and everything and at least one other person had this issue, so it's disappointing to be asked if I used the right ROM when I tried all of them. Anyway, not sure why I'm being linked to the patch when I already said specifically that I tried multiple Wily Wars ROMs and couldn't get any of them to save. The odd thing is that the sram files don't show up at all (and they even showed up for some EEPROM games like NHLPA '93 that don't actually save) and both Wily Wars and Rockman Megaworld act as if the game didn't save at all when I set the options to reset to game and reset after saving.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:22 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 08:08 AM »

NBA Jam - Does NOT Save

odd. NBA Jam v. 1.1 from the smokemonster set is saving for me (the stats showed up after I turned the system off and back on after I played a full game and entered my initials. It also created a backup .eep file), though Tournament Edition still has a blue screen. At least I have the real cart for the latter, though I have it for the former too.

edit: I checked the checksum for the ROM I used and it doesn't seem to been altered from the standard No Intro ROM.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:28 AM by brianvgplayer »

aloram

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 07:17 PM »

NBA Jam - Does NOT Save

odd. NBA Jam v. 1.1 from the smokemonster set is saving for me (the stats showed up after I turned the system off and back on after I played a full game and entered my initials. It also created a backup .eep file), though Tournament Edition still has a blue screen. At least I have the real cart for the latter, though I have it for the former too.

edit: I checked the checksum for the ROM I used and it doesn't seem to been altered from the standard No Intro ROM.
I have a v1, and I researched NBA Jam Tournament Edition earlier in the year. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I'm under the impression you need this version: NBA Jam Tournament Edition (JUE) (REV 00) [f1].