Author Topic: No Reset?  (Read 7146 times)

Offline antares165

• View Profile
No Reset?
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:52 PM »
Got my Everdrive MD the other day. I really love it! Having one problem: I can't reset the Everdrive. When playing a game, I can't reset back to the cart. Genesis reset just resets the game that is playing and the SMS reset button does nothing. (Although it does activate in test mode.) The only way I can get back to the cart is to power off the Genesis. This seems like it would be hard on my machine and the cart. I've tried everything. Read all the documentation I can find and read blogs. Is my cart defective? Seems odd that this would be the only way to get back to the main menu of the cart.
OS ver: 35
Firmware ver: 14
MegaKey: Software
Console region: USA NTSC
CD-Rom: No
dir size: 512
Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Reset?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:26 PM »
everdrive-md not allow to return in menu from the game

Offline antares165

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01 PM »
So... you are saying that each time I want to play a new game, I have to turn my genesis off? There is no way to get back to the main Everdrive menu once whatever Genesis game is playing? I understand I'd have to do this when playing genesis carts, but I guess I just thought it'd be somehow easier, especially when I am busy testing ROMS, GG codes, and such. Surely, there must be some way to reset the Everdrive without turning off the Genesis. Is there some data address that could be momentarily grounded to make the Everdrive reinitialize? That's how it works on the 68000 CPU in the Genesis. Don't get me wrong; the Everdrive is pretty incredible. Still, it seems to me that this would be a very important feature to implement... especially for newbies busy testing roms and codes. I am assuming turning the Genesis off/on a lot, doesn't hurt the Everdrive? I don't much care about the Genesis as they are a dime a dozen. 

Offline Grambo

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:14 PM by Grambo »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:21 PM »
Turn off is the only way to return in menu for everdrive-md. Turning the Genesis off/on not a problem for cart. Logic of CPLD chip not allow to reset internal registers, so, there is no way to reset in menu somehow

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 07:25 PM »
I would choose mega-ed if you want test a lot of games and not just run few games at week end. Mega-ed allow to reset in menu, even from joypad, also it load games much faster than everdrive-md

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:33 PM »
So... you are saying that each time I want to play a new game, I have to turn my genesis off? There is no way to get back to the main Everdrive menu once whatever Genesis game is playing? I understand I'd have to do this when playing genesis carts, but I guess I just thought it'd be somehow easier, especially when I am busy testing ROMS, GG codes, and such. Surely, there must be some way to reset the Everdrive without turning off the Genesis. Is there some data address that could be momentarily grounded to make the Everdrive reinitialize? That's how it works on the 68000 CPU in the Genesis. Don't get me wrong; the Everdrive is pretty incredible. Still, it seems to me that this would be a very important feature to implement... especially for newbies busy testing roms and codes. I am assuming turning the Genesis off/on a lot, doesn't hurt the Everdrive? I don't much care about the Genesis as they are a dime a dozen.
get a mega ED, then tadahhhh :)
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:29 PM »
i got the everdrive md and i see no problem in powering the console off and on to change games. thats how we did it back in the olden days and it worked then lol. i'm gonna get a mega everdrive aswell though just because i love krikzz products so much and the save state feature is tempting. especially for fantastic dizzy. now thats a game that should have had sram or at least some password system.

Offline BobaFett96

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 07:59 AM »
i understand this thread is long gone, but this weird problem appeared since i bought my everdrive and it needs this resurrection.  ;D
As far as i'm concerned to make a game like phantasy star IV to save, the procedure to follow is: save the game, reset the console and then turn the system off, but even when i do this, i can't get the save feature to work, i get so much frustration cuz i love my everdrive md v2 and i appreciate your work kriikzz, but i guess i'm doing something wrong, it should be saving!!!
 i got os version 3.5, and firmware 12, please help me