Author Topic: Famicom EverDrive N8 PRO + Famicom to NES adapter + un-moded NES = blank screen  (Read 621 times)

Offline cupcake9002

• View Profile
I've tried several things mentioned on the forum, none have worked. my next steps would be to buy a variety of SD cards to see if any of them work.

I'm using an un-moded original front-loading NES. Normal NES carts work fine. The Famicom version of EverDrive N8 Pro is plugged into the Famicom to NES adapter.

At first I got the CIC card issue, and did the reset ~7 times, and that worked. I've tried holding reset while powering on, and it doesn't have any effect other than sometimes getting a different version of the same isuse.

I've tried the latest OS (V2.06) and the safe-mode version. I've tried different power sources, and I've tried keeping the EverDrive plugged in via USB to my computer (USB-C port, USB 3.1, so I know it supplies power).

I checked the pins, everything is new, and NES 72 pin slot was replaced (according to seller on Ebay).

What happens in all cases is some version of getting a solid color (yellow, brown, blue). Sometimes there is glitchy text, but it doesn't respond. Restarting gets back to a solid color screen.

It's like, it doesn't even boot to the menu. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the adapter. Unfortunately, I don't have a Famicom to test on, and I would have gone with the NES version but all versions of EverDrive seem to be out of stock in the NES version.

Offline cupcake9002

• View Profile
attaching more pics

Offline rage

• View Profile
not sure if it will be the cause, but are you using original ac adapter?  some 3rd party power adapters may cause some issue with everdrives by not supplying proper power which can lead to glitches and other problems.  if this is not the case, it could be the 60->72pin adapter indeed.  if you have a normal famicom cart to test with adapter, that could narrow things down maybe?  if it is adapter related, i think krikzz sells a 60->72pin adapter that should work properly.