Author Topic: Problem with FSD change side: Twinbee. Black screen and nothing more  (Read 3599 times)

Offline sk8er000

• View Profile
Hello,

I've got a Famicom AV with NESRGB and the IGRpcb with an EDN8 famicom version.
Tonight I was playing at Twinbee and when I beat the third boss I get a loading message. After that the screen goes black and the level sound starts (I can hear the shooting, bgm and all the rest).
I've tried may time with OS11 and OS13 with an xrgb mini a pvm 20L2MD and a bvm 20F1E.
Anyone with the same problem?

thank you in advance

Offline ZeroWing

• Pump up the Jams
    • View Profile
Hello,

Tonight I was playing at Twinbee and when I beat the third boss I get a loading message. After that the screen goes black and the level sound starts (I can hear the shooting, bgm and all the rest).
I've tried may time with OS11 and OS13 with an xrgb mini a pvm 20L2MD and a bvm 20F1E.

thank you in advance

Twinbee working as it should on my end. After beating the third boss it shows loading at the bottom and then loads into stage 4. I'm using TwinBee (1988)(Konami).fds from TOSEC, unmodified frontloader, and N8 Fami OSv13
Mega Everdrive v1> EDN8 fami> ED64 v3> sd2snes > Flash2Advance

Offline sk8er000

• View Profile
Hello,

thank you in advance

Twinbee working as it should on my end. After beating the third boss it shows loading at the bottom and then loads into stage 4. I'm using TwinBee (1988)(Konami).fds from TOSEC, unmodified frontloader, and N8 Fami OSv13
I'll try with another fds version but never got this problems with other fds..I've tried a .nes version of the game and it works but I'd like to get the fds version to work

Offline morgoth

• View Profile
Re: Problem with FSD change side: Twinbee. Black screen and nothing more
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:56 PM »
sk8er000,
Where you ever able to figure out how to get the .fds of Twinbee to properly work? I'm having a similar problem with the following rom:

TwinBee (Japan) (Disk Writer).fds

Thanks much

Offline sk8er000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 01:57 PM »
Unfortunately no, I never figured out what's the cause

Offline morgoth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 01:59 AM »
I finally got it working!
I downloaded the TOSEC NES/FDS romset, and TwinBee (1988)(Konami).fds worked! Was FINALLY able to pass the level 3 boss to level 4.
What I'm learning is that many of these issues are romset specific; the No-Intro twinbee I was using seemed to be the culprit.
I can share with you, if you message me privately.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 04:23 AM »
Is there any reason to play the FDS version over the cart version?

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 05:47 PM »
It might seem strange considering no-intro is recommended for most systems, but for FDS images no-intro isn't recommended because they have many bad disk images.

Offline some_canuck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 06:00 PM »
for what it's worth, there are bad NES ROM sets out there using the no-intro name as well, I found one that uses 2.0 headers and 80-90% of them are wrong.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2020, 06:16 PM »
Really? That's ill-boding. I didn't know no-intro started using NES 2.0 headers either. It might be a modified set.

Offline bikerspade

• View Profile
The only difference between the old TOSEC dump (CRC32 3688F585) and the no-intro dump for TwinBee (CRC32 517BE396) is that the latter does not have the legacy 16-byte FDS header (not to be confused with the FDS "disk" header which are the leading 0x38 bytes of each disk side), and the former has some bytes zeroed out within the FDS "disk" header starting at 0x1F (invalid manufacturing date, invalid country code, etc). There shouldn't be any side changing for this game as it only has one side.

https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/FDS_file_format
https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/FDS_disk_format