Author Topic: What's in your console collection?  (Read 17077 times)

Offline Retrografx

• View Profile
Re: What's in your console collection?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 06:18 PM »
Well Shinit,

I have recently sold off nearly half my console collection. There is only a few of the older systems I will be keeping, and a few of the newer ones.

With the vast supply of quality Retro in the marketplace, for example; Krikzz Everdrives, The Pi3, The RetroFreak and the super retroTrio have all proven that they can endure long time use, there fore not much need to keep all the original hardware. Not to mention the value of older systems has risen substantially in the last few months.

The systems I want to keep and why, are as follows; The First 3 I May sell at somepoint.

Nintendo NES- As new homebrew games won't play on most clones.
TurboGrafx 16- Just for the controller, it's my favorite, and for the Turbo everdrive
Sega Master System 2- I Sold off the original along with the master everdrive (made a good profitable sell)
Sega Dreamcast- Because there is nothing solid to 100% emulate it yet.
Nintendo Wii- My Kids Still play it
Sony PlayStation Original- may sell off when demand grows, still too many in market to profit.
Nintendo GameCube- Also too many in market, no real value.
Panasonic 3DO- May sell when Emu's get better.
XBOX ONE- My kids Still play it.
XBOX original- Kids still play it and nothing comes close to emulating it.

Super Retro Trio- Because it plays all three everdrives flawlessly. Though if Pi3 can stand the test of time?
RetroFreak- Because it's freaking awesome.
Retropie3- As it can play thousands of games and nearly every console I could hope for, although some limits.

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 11:54 PM »
My recently modded virtual boy. I t has dual tv output with rgb, individual toggle switches for each output to toggle between 8 different colors, Audio from the audio jack rerouted to also work on both tv outputs with stereo and a buffer, a power socket and on and off switch on the device itself.

Own:EDN8PRO|EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGGX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|MegaSD|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMDclone|GDEMUclone
Ordered:
To buy:EDGBAX5Mini|MultiBoy32|LynxGD|

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 03:53 AM »
Great mod, I didn't know you could get video out from the Virtual Boy  :P
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline jord4n313

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 07:50 PM »
AV Famicom - NESRGB, NESRGB-IGR, Famicom Everdrive N8, controller port mod for NES Accessories compatibility, 8bitdo wireless controllers (wish they were exact replicas without the extra buttons), and RGB Video Cable
SNES Mini - RGB Mod, Region Mod (tabs removed), SD2SNES with 128GB SD for MSU-1 library, 8bitdo wireless controllers, RGB Video Cable, and Super Gameboy 2 with GB Everdrive X7
Nintendo 64 - RGB Mod, Region Mod (tabs removed), RAM Expansion, RGB Video Cable, and Everdrive 64 v3
Gamecube - GCDual RGB/HDMI Mod, SD Media Launcher, RGB Video Cable, and GBA Player with GBA Everdrive X5
Wii - Softmod, external harddrive, and Component. Ideo
Wii U - Softmod and external harddrive
Switch - SD Card and HDMI Cable
Gameboy Advance - GBA SP Backlit LCD, GB Everdrive X7, and GBA Everdrive X5
Nintendo DSi - CycloDSi Flashcart
Nintendo 3DS - CFW and SD card
Nintendo New 3DSXL - CFW, Gateway Flashcart, and SD Card

Sega Master System Model 1 - FM Sound Mod and RGB Video Cable
Sega Genesis Model 1 - Mega Everdrive X7 and Krikzz Joyzz Wireless Controls
Sega CD Model 1 - new laser works great with CD-R and Krikzz Joyzz Wireless Controls
Sega 32X - Mega Everdrive X7, AV Jumper with Stereo Audio Plug for Model 1 Genesis, RGB Video Cable, and Krikzz Joyzz wireless controls
Sega Saturn Japanese White Model 2 - Region Free BIOS Mod, Phantom Modchip, and RGB Video Cable - hopefully soon to have Satiator SD ODE (Pateron supporter)
Sega Dreamcast - Region Free BIOS Mod, GDEmu SD ODE, Toro Box RGB/VGA Adapter, and RGB Video Cable

Playstation - SCPH-1001 with built in composite video out for guncom with RGB, RGB Video Cable and PS-IO SD ODE (purchased on pre-order)
Playstation 2 - Official Network Adapter with SATA Harddrive Mod, 2TB SATA Harddrive, FreeMcBoot on Memory Card, and RGB Video Cable with guncom composite video plug
Playstation 3 - CFW, external harddrive, PS Camera, PS Move, and HDMI cable
Playstation 4 - Upgraded 1TB Harddrive and HDMI cable
Playstation 4 Pro - God of War Special Edition and HDMI cable
Playstation VR
PSP Go - CFW and Dock with Component Video
PSVita - CFW, 64GB Memory, and SD2Vita Game Cartridge Adapter

Xbox - Xenium ICE Modchip, IDE2SATA Adapter, 2TB SATA Harddrive, Upgraded ATA100 IDE Cable, and Component Video Cable
Xbox 360 S - RGH2 Mod, 2TB Harddrive, Kinect, and HDMI Cable
Xbox One - External 2TB Harddrive and HDMI Cable

NEC PCEngine Duo-R - TurboEverdrive, New Laser works great with CD-R, RGB Mod, Region Free Mod, and RGB Video Cable
NEC PC-FX - S-Video Cable and Cleaned/Tuned Laser to better read CD-R

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 - Japanese Model with Factory 240P/480i toggle switch, S-Video cable, and 3DO USB Host Adapter ODE (awaiting delivery)
Philips CD-i 210 - European model with built in RGB output, cleaned/tuned laser and replaced drive belt now flawlessly reads CD-R, RGB Video cable

Atari Jaguar - Skunkboard Flashcart and RGB Video Cable
Atari Lynx Model 2 - RetroHQ Flashcart and hopefully soon McWill LCD Upgrade

Offline jord4n313

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 07:53 PM »
My recently modded virtual boy. I t has dual tv output with rgb, individual toggle switches for each output to toggle between 8 different colors, Audio from the audio jack rerouted to also work on both tv outputs with stereo and a buffer, a power socket and on and off switch on the device itself.

That is awesome, is there a tutorial somewhere you used or made? What is the purpose of dual outputs? Do you need a seperate output for each “eye” ? Or is it just for streaming, etc flexibility?

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 11:28 AM »

That is awesome, is there a tutorial somewhere you used or made? What is the purpose of dual outputs? Do you need a seperate output for each “eye” ? Or is it just for streaming, etc flexibility?
I don't have a tutorial since i didn't mod it myself. Each output is for each display in the unit because the images are different wich combined create the 3d effect. You only need one output to play on a television. I can make a youtube video about it if anyone is interested.
Own:EDN8PRO|EDN8|SD2SNESPRO|SD2SNES|MegaEDV2|MasterEDX7|EDGGX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|MegaSD|EZFlashOmega(x3)|EDMDclone|GDEMUclone
Ordered:
To buy:EDGBAX5Mini|MultiBoy32|LynxGD|

Offline Estlib

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 12:10 AM »
Heres my puny collection:

NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii U
Gameboy
Super Gameboy
Gameboy Pocket
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Player
Nintendo DSi XL
Sega Master System 2
Sega Megadrive 2
Sega Game Gear
PlayStation
PSone
PlayStation 2 slim
PSP 2000
XBOX Classic
Famiclones (Subor / Dex)
Atari jr clone

things to still get:
Atari 2600 NTSC 6-switch
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
any flavour of 3DS
Switch
NEO GEO pocket colour
NEO GEO AES
PS3
PS4
PSvita
Amstrad GX4000

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:15 AM by Estlib »

Offline J-E

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 09:05 AM »
well, 2 years later, time to give an update
let's start:

3DO FZ-10 EUR with 13 games
Amiga 600 EUR with 13 games
Amiga CD 32 EUR with 18 games
Atari Lynx, the small one with 16 games
MSX Philips VG-8020 (from Belgium) and the MSX2 Sony HB-700D (from Germany) with 6 games
Philips CDI450 and 470 (OOO) both EURsold
Tiger R-Zone Head Gear with 1 game

SC-3000 from france with 5 games
2 Master System, one from Japan (so with the FM sound built-in) and one* from France
2 Master System II, one from Belgium nearly not woring and 2 from France, one complete in box and so on....
all the european SMS are with Alex Kidd in Miracle World built in and a total of 83 games
2 Megadrive* (FR), one with box and so on with sonic and the other completely nude but nearly the first arrived in Europe with the useless modem plug and the "high definition graphics stereo sound" written around he cartridge port. sold
Megadrive II from South East Asia (meaning PAL-240V  and jap cartridge)
A Nomad*
A multimega
Mega CD* (JP) nearly OOO
Mega CD 2 *(EUR)
Megadrive 32X*- this one is very funny because it is the EUR MB in a US case
with 99 MD games, 14 mega cd games 6 32x games and 2 mega cd 32x games
3 saturn: one* from Europe with box and so on, V-saturn* nude and a japanese Toy's R Us in box and so on with 95 games
3 Dreamcast, one from Europe with box and so on and a japanese one nude with multibios and a pal nude one with 40 games
1 Game Gear, one from Japan with box and one from Europe nude and nearly OOO sold :with 26 games

2 Playstation* (EUR) sold
Playstation 2 (EUR) sold
Playstation 3* one of the European models completely retrocompatible with the previous playstation and a PS3 ultra slim with 41 PS3 games, 21 PS2 games and 28 PS1 games
Playstation 4(EUR) a normal one but sold with a 20th anniversary dual shock 4 with 38 games
Playstation Portable* with 4 games
Playstation Vita with 15 games

Twin Famicom
Wii* (EUR)

WiiU (EUR) with  26 wii games and 16 wiiu games
DS (EUR)
3DS (EUR)

New 2DS XL with 20 DS games, 21 3DS games

PC-Engine Duo-R* with 8 hu card games and 19 CD games
PC-Engine GT

a naomi motherboard with virtua striker 2 wich has problem to work
2 game boy pocket with 15 games
1 N64 with 8 games
the NES mini classic
the Super Nes mini classic
1 nintendo Game Cube with 18 games
1 Nintend Switch with 11 games
2 pc games without the accurate pc to run them...
1 super cassette vision with 4 games
1 xbox one S with 9 games
1 xbox crystal with 15 games
The consoles marked with * mean modified (chip, 60/50 Hz, and so on...)

Offline France123

• View Profile
    • France at Home
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2018, 06:44 AM »
1. Family Computer
2. Atari
3. Sega Saturn
4. Nintendo
5. Playstation 1
6. Playstation 2
7. Xbox
France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French food such as bread, appetizers, cheese, jams, foie gras, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard and French bread.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2018, 12:15 PM »
Atari 2600- The last revision of it I think that was black with a rainbow type sticker across the front of it.
NES original
NES Top Loader
AV Famicom
Super Nintendo USA version
Super Famicom Japanese version
Super Nintendo mini- The second official US revision of the regular SNES.
Super Nintendo Jr- The second official Japanese revision of the regular Super Famicom.
Nintendo 64- original grey model and all funtastic variant colors though the purple console I own is the Japanese variant of the funtastic line while all the rest are US variants.
Gamecube- I own a black colored launch model with the component cables and two used purple ones that I had cleaned up and essentially refurbished by retrofixes since I am going to have Zoki64 paint them up in his grand and fashionable way.
Wii- The white launch model variant with the Gamecube ports.
Wii U- The black deluxe launch model.
Nintendo Switch- I got the variant with the red and blue colored joycons from Ebay I believe around launch.
Xbox
Xbox 360- The original white version prone to the red ring of death problem.
Xbox 360- The sexy, black and sleek addition with HDMI port.
Xbox One
Playstation original- later model but not second revision just a version without the best audio that the originals apparently had.
Playstation 2
Playstation 3- I think its the 80GB version but I wish I would've got a launch model with backward compatibility. Oh well.
Playstation 4
Playstation 4 pro.
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
PC Engine
Turbografx16
Turbo Duo
Gameboy- well I had an original one for a long time but so much damage from blown up batteries to blown out screen happened to it I finally decided to throw it out but I did have one at one time.
Gameboy Advance- I have an original white glacier model and a translucent atomic purple one bought from Ebay with the backlighting mod performed on it.
Gameboy Advance SP- I've also got Nintendo's official backlit version but its not as ergonomic like the original models which is why I'm not a big fan of it.
3DS
3DS XL
3DS XL Super Nintendo theme
Analog Super NT- presently I've got the black model and the transcluscent model which luckily I was able to snag new off of Ebay since its been discontinued due to pathetic whiners but anyway I'll also soon have the remaining two color variants of it as well since I pre-ordered them once the second round of pre-orders went up for the device or was it the third? Oh well I don't remember.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:17 PM by protheanbeacon »
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.