Author Topic: Krikzz Was wrong about SD card SPeed NOT affect Super everdrive game speed.  (Read 5331 times)

Offline DEZn00ts

• View Profile
Me being a "Computer user" and liking high FPS (60 preferably). A few months back I was Bummed my Samsung Evo SD card didn't work... I was using a regular old Sandisk 16gb Class 10. I decided to format both cards and see if the Evo worked... And it did, beautifully! I could tell a SIGNIFICANT increase in FPS in Megaman X (know for horrible lag anyways but it was almost butter) and Contra III RIGHT AWAY! Contra III  (If you have a slow card) Lags REALLY bad if using a class 10 Sandisk on the first car you blow up when the game starts. With the Evo, I seen NO lag for the first time in months... I was amazed. I suggest everyone who has a better SD card that DIDN'T work before, download the latest OS, Quick format the SD card and give it a go again. You will not be disappointed. I was amazed when it didn't lag on that first car in Contra III...lol. But now after playing for a while I get a 0x61 error when loading up another game. weird.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:32 AM by DEZn00ts »

Offline keropi

• View Profile
What are you talking about? SD card speed is irrelevant, the SED reads from the SD *once* when it burns the game to the SED eeprom.
After that the game is running from the eeprom chip and not the SD... everdrives/consoles are not PCs mate.

The only situation where the SD card speed matters is with the SD2SNES when it is running MSU-1 games because the sd cards is accessed constantly to stream audio/video : this is something no normal game does.

You are having another kind of problem, most likely a hardware issue with your cart.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
MMmmmmm ???

1- Placebo effect
2- Do you sell Samsung Evo SD cards by chance?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline brooksyx

• View Profile
What are talking about, the roms are not streamed off the SD card. The game is loaded into the ever drive memory and then executed off of the memory. That is why you can load game, take the sd card out and then press start next time the console is powered on and the last game loaded will play.
NES - EDN8 | SNES - Super ED | Genesis ED-MD | Gameboy - EDGB | N64  - ED64 | Game Geear - Everdrive GG | GBA - EZ-Flash IV| Gamecube - XenoGC & EZ Flash IV | NDSL - R4 wood & EZ Flash 3in1

Offline DEZn00ts

• View Profile
Well the game was faster for some odd reason. But it kept getting errors when trying to load another. I tried with multiple games.

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
Ya prolly got a pal rom for the second time. PAL roms don't slow down at that stage. They are usually slower overall if not optimised but suffer from far less slowdown spikes due to their lower resolution.
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline DEZn00ts

• View Profile
No because I didn't download the game again, only put it back on the SD card, I made backups. I think, for SOME reason, the OS is having issues with some games and effects them. After redownloading the SPED and DSP's I have had a few issues but far better gameplay on a lot of games. I always format my card and the like.

Offline DEZn00ts

• View Profile
MMmmmmm ???

1- Placebo effect
2- Do you sell Samsung Evo SD cards by chance?

No but I wish that card worked, it is nice and clean. Im using the adapter from it though ;).