Author Topic: Mega Tech Support in mega Everdrive  (Read 3178 times)

Offline antonioks

• View Profile
Mega Tech Support in mega Everdrive
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:03 AM »
Seria possível um suporte aos jogos do Mega Tech, que não são jogos grandes no mega everdrive?

It would be possible a support to Megatech, games that are not big games in mega Everdrive?

:)
Everdrives I own: Mega Everdrive v1, SD2SNES rev. (E1b), Everdrive N64 v2.5

Offline J-E

• View Profile
Re: Mega Tech Support in mega Everdrive
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:18 AM »
in a word: no

in a long text: the two systems are very the same, but be aware that there is 2 Z80 and 2 master system VDP and mega tech games requires 2 screens, one for the game one for the menu.
All the games available for this arcade system are also available on megadrive (at least the european megadrive) and the master systel (here also, at least the european master system) with exactly the same pixels...

but when you seek info about converting megadrive/master system games to mega play, you will understand that maybe a patch would be possible to run pega play games on your home console

Offline pcfreak324

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 01:01 PM »
It would be possible to add support for the Sega Mega-Tech.

These games can be converted quite easily to run on a Genesis. You just have to byteswap the rom and then fix the checksum (tried it out myself with the game Columns).

Offline Nipedley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Hey there

I've put out a new information pack for the Megatech, including a document with info that'll let you create (or modify) an adapter for Megatech -> Megadrive/Genesis

The Everdrive X3/X5/X7 works with it to a point, unfortunately it's not fully compatible because of limitations of the Megatech motherboard's design. However most games are playable

DL link: https://mega.nz/#F!5mZGTQZQ!mDAuPaSu1BSt6G0WRXTMqQ

Kind regards,
Phil