Author Topic: Top 10 Japan N64 Titles requesting to be translated  (Read 86005 times)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: Top 10 Japan N64 Titles requesting to be translated
« Reply #225 on: March 27, 2018, 10:09 PM »
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh
Custom Robo V2 - according to StarTrinket, this one is in the works
Dezaemon 3D - 64DD - This looks like there isn't really any text, or am I missing something?
Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren 2 - Oni Shuurai! Shiren Jou! - Very early work done
Jikkyou G1 Stable
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 6
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Robot Ponkottsu 64 - Nanatsu no Umi no Caramel
Super Robot Taisen 64
Sim City 64 - 64DD - A lot of the hacking is done which makes the game playable.  Still tons to translate

I've heard rumors on some of the games, but I can't say more than that.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Sellers64

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2018, 12:29 PM »
On the "Dezaemon 3D - 64DD" rom I have there is still text boxes with Japanese text, but menus and such are in English. So I guess it's not fully translated.
I've heard that "Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh" can be played without knowing the story in the game, because it's rather silly, but I still feel I'm missing out when I can't fully appreciate the whole package. Good to hear that two of the games I most want to see translated are "Fushigi no Dungeon" and "Custom Robo V2" ;D 

Offline y0da89

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1 is the best fishing game on the N64.
I own a physical copy, but man it is hard to know what to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gJS7HBvCc

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Only recently did I realize that Automobili Lamborghini has a modified version for Japan late release.
In Japan the game is named "Super Speed Race 64" and has an opening with Lamborghini pictures, weather variations for the tracks and Control Customization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZsEC_ILFDY
But i don't know if need any translation, the only japanese text i see is the Title Screen, Memory Pak and Rumble Pak advices.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:36 PM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2018, 07:37 PM »
It looked like it was just the Rumble/Controller Pak messages. Here's the English Translation patch for Super Speed Race 64.

I was practicing some different ways of working with textures.  I think it turned out alright. It looks blah on emulators, but seems to be OK on the original hardware.

Disclaimer: I put only a moderate amount of effort into this, and I have never played either game, so if there is more to translate, I may or may not do it.

I don't know why anyone would do it, but as usual, I do not want my code sold in repros. Thank you.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2018, 06:50 AM »
And here is the HD version of the Super Speed Race 64 patch above

krom has a patch for Automobili Lamborghini to increase the draw distance, level of detail, and extend all of these to multiplayer. It also adds widescreen by stretching pixels.

I think I've ported this to Super Speed Race 64. All except widescreen. I'm not a fan of widescreen. If you would like to add widescreen, just make the following changes to the rom:

ROM address/hex to write
63D0   3C073FE3
63D4   34E78E39
6598   3C073FE3
659C   34E78E39
106B68   3C073FE3
106B6C   34E78E39
6E93C   3C013FE9

Again, completely untested beyond making sure the rom loads up to the race start. Let me know if it isn't working right and I'll troubleshoot it. Thanks to krom for posting his patch!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 06:40 AM by ozidual »

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition has an old translation project from 2009, partially made by Yogi from Emutalk forum.
90% of the japanese text translated, but the links for the translation patch are all gone.  :'(
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/47333-Help-in-retexturing-translating-wave-racer-shindou-edition/page2
The file name is "Wave Race 64 SE v0.2.rar" with 0.23MB.
If someone find another link for the patch, please share here in the forum.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:20 PM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2018, 10:48 PM »
See the above post first ^.  I wouldn't mind helping to finish the patch if the translation work is mostly done.

That said, if you downloaded the Super Speed Race 64 HD patch let me know how it goes.  Both the Pak messages and if the game crashes at all (hardware and/or emulation).  I'd like to post it on Romhacking so it isn't just buried in the middle of the forum :)

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2018, 11:40 PM »
See the above post first ^.  I wouldn't mind helping to finish the patch if the translation work is mostly done.

That said, if you downloaded the Super Speed Race 64 HD patch let me know how it goes.  Both the Pak messages and if the game crashes at all (hardware and/or emulation).  I'd like to post it on Romhacking so it isn't just buried in the middle of the forum :)

I just tested your Translation for Super Speed Race 64 and everything goes fine for me, thanks again Ozidual.  :)
I'm not much impressed with the HD patch so far, i think i'm blind, but i don't see any huge improvement.

The new resolution and draw distance are barely noticiable, i think is made for emulation purpose.
And this introduces slowmotion to the game, so for me, i prefer to play the game with the translation patch only.
I'm using the Real Hardware, American N64 NTSC + Expansion Pack + Everdrive 2.5, and the game works fine with the 2 patchs, with and without HD.
I think you could post the two patchs in Romhacking (with and without HD).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:09 AM by fabio_rosendo »

Offline lildoodler

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2018, 08:35 PM »
id love to see onegai monsters translated ive tried playing it without translations but its hard

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43 PM »
I'm working on a new translation hack, but I'd kinda like to keep the name of the game under wraps until I start looking for a translator. 

If you already know the name of the game, please don't mention it. 

I know you guys like updates on these sorts of things, so I was considering posting it, but every time I start to put together a post for it, my updates are very generic.  Like: "VWF at 100% for one type of text", or "researching special characters for dialogue boxes".  It just doesn't sound interesting to me.  I'm also in the middle of some bigger projects (that I can't post about), so updates for the translation may or may not be regular.  Is it worth it, or should I save it for when I can talk about the game itself?

Offline darkshockbro

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2018, 01:28 AM »
I'm working on a new translation hack, but I'd kinda like to keep the name of the game under wraps until I start looking for a translator. 

If you already know the name of the game, please don't mention it. 

I know you guys like updates on these sorts of things, so I was considering posting it, but every time I start to put together a post for it, my updates are very generic.  Like: "VWF at 100% for one type of text", or "researching special characters for dialogue boxes".  It just doesn't sound interesting to me.  I'm also in the middle of some bigger projects (that I can't post about), so updates for the translation may or may not be regular.  Is it worth it, or should I save it for when I can talk about the game itself?

It's great that N64 games are overall making progress in terms of translation. Is Getter Love!! making any progress? The game looks great and I'd love to play it after I'm done with Wonder Project J2. I appreciate it.  :)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 08, 2018, 03:09 AM »
I have a decent start on Getter Love - a VWF and an Ascii hack for it, but it's on a back burner right now.    Too many projects, too little time.

Offline Immorpher

• View Profile
    • YouTube Page
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2018, 04:24 PM »
Indeed it would be great if there was a list with links, like the hacks one, of translations and the homebrews starting to show up. I hear there is a good one for Virtual Pro Wrestling 1 and 2.
Dark ambient horror utilizing a completely-original synthesizer on YouTube, Bandcamp, and Facebook.

Offline darkshockbro

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2018, 05:31 PM »
I have a decent start on Getter Love - a VWF and an Ascii hack for it, but it's on a back burner right now.    Too many projects, too little time.

I understand. I'm sure you'd know where to go if you need extra help, and I've been trying to get into text hacking myself so I can get the Japanese text out of ROMs to at least machine translate them, but in any case, I wish you the best of luck and if you need help with anything, there are plenty of resources.