Author Topic: Running into problems running Mega Man 1  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Greffery

• View Profile
Running into problems running Mega Man 1
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:53 PM »
Hello everyone!

To answer the first question I see commonly asked: I purchased my N8 from https://krikzz.com/store/

Currently Mega Man 1 and Rock Man 1 both do not function on my N8.  I am just left with a black screen after launching the game.  I was initially on v13 of the OS and tried v15 but still run into the same problem.  I checked the info on the ROMs within the menu and both are listed as supported.  I also tested both roms with Nestopia and they function properly.

I'm hoping to find out if there is something I am missing but all my reading I've looked at state the game should work no problem.  Every other game I've thrown at it has worked no problem.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:06 PM by Greffery »

Offline BarbieOnWeed

• View Profile
Re: Running into problems running Mega Man 1
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:08 PM »
Download a No-intro version of the rom.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:28 PM »
I ran into problems with some games when the mappers got fragmented. Deleting the EDFC folder and putting it back worked. There's some more info here.

Offline Greffery

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 07:37 PM »
I ran into problems with some games when the mappers got fragmented. Deleting the EDFC folder and putting it back worked. There's some more info here.

Damn that did the trick! Mega Man 1 is now working along with everything else I have on it.  Thanks for the assistance!