Author Topic: VS Castlevania running with Famicom Everdrive N8 - no credit with select button  (Read 2168 times)

Offline ggya

• View Profile
Hy Guys,

I am trying to play VS Castlevania on my original Famicom system with my Everdrive N8 but without success.

After patching the rom file with the VS Castlevania patch with Lunar IPS, I can easy get it running on my system but it is just impossible to add credits pressing select button or any other button.

As I am a newbie with ips file patcher and with nes/FC rom, I will appreciate some advices and comments from you.

Thank you
Ggya
----------------------------------------------------
Original Famicom system
Playchoice video PPU
Everdrive N8-OS 15
MicroSD-16go

Offline hunterk

• View Profile
I'm not sure how reliable the VS patches are. I've had bad luck trying to run Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley VS patches on hardware due to behavior similar to what you describe.

Offline jjoepr

• View Profile
So far only vs super Mario Bros works for me.

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
A lot of the VS patches aren't finished yet.

I've tried SMB, Duck Hunt, and I think ExciteBike and they all worked fine. Hogan's Alley, last I checked, doesn't work yet.

http://nes.goondocks.se/patches2.php

I haven't checked them in a while though, I'll have to try them soon.

Offline ggya

• View Profile
Thank you for your feedback

I was thinking that I did something wrong but I understand that these patches are experimental and not 100% working.

Thanks

Ggya
----------------------------------------------------
Original Famicom system
Playchoice video PPU
Everdrive N8-OS 15
MicroSD-16go

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Vs. Castlevania works fine for me (credits insert with select and start starts the game), but I noticed that the pre-patched ROM in the smokemonster set doesn't work right (incorrect mapper and blank screen by default. Glitchy scrolling when set to the correct mapper). Thankfully, the patch on the website works fine. Maybe the wrong ROM was patched?

Vs. Pinball, Vs. Duck Hunt (on AV Famicom using the JP Nintendo revolver in the expansion port), Vs. Ice Climber, Vs. Goonies, and Vs. Excitebike work fine for me (though the buttons used to start the games vary). I did noticed that the Vs. Duck Hunt patch on romhacking.net is an outdated version. The latest is 2.1, which is the Duck Hunt link above 1.61 at nes.goondocks.se.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 03:41 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
The Vs Gradius patch shows wrong graphics tiles around the volcanoes in the first level and the first level boss.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
Could someone please send me a batch of the proper pre-patched VS roms? If I have the wrong versions in my set, I'd like to get them fixed before my huge Christmas Eve update is posted. I'm 6,000 miles from my N8 to test them with though!

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
A huge thank you to Aether Knight for helping me get the proper VS patched roms. They'll all be working again in the Christmas Eve update  8)