Author Topic: Knights of the Round - Sound Sample Missing?  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
Knights of the Round - Sound Sample Missing?
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:12 AM »
OK. Been awhile since I reported/noted a quirk with the SD2SNES. Very minor one at that. I'll try to be as clear as possible...

(NOTE ; again I tested this vs. zsnes/snes 9x, it could also be my SD2SNES itself. Would be nice if someone tested it on theirs as well)

OK, during the demo/attract mode there is a scene where they show each character (Arthur/Lancelot/Perceval) powering up. They will power from 1-2 then 2-3. A sfx will play when they raise there weapon. However on the SD2SNES the second sound will randomly not play at all. It only happens occasionally during 1 or 2 cycles but it will eventually happen. The emus don't have this and I let it pass 6 cycles. I know its not a big deal but I like noting odd quirks with these flash carts and the SD2SNES is very difficult to find oddities with

BTW, as always this was tested with all game hooks shut off, OEM parts, v1.7d on a model 1 snes as well as an snes jr.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 12:12 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Re: Knights of the Round - Sound Sample Missing?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 02:04 AM »
Thanks for reporting. I wonder if this is related in any way to the sound issue in Earthworm Jim 2: https://sd2snes.de/blog/archives/819#comment-991161

Offline retro_fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 03:59 AM »
[...]

BTW, as always this was tested with all game hooks shut off, OEM parts, v1.7d on a model 1 snes as well as an snes jr.

What about 0.1.7c?

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:39 AM »
The emus don't have this

Real SNES has it though. I just flashed the ROM on a plain EEPROM cart and the issue remains. So this isn't caused by the sd2snes. :)

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 02:08 AM »
The emus don't have this

Real SNES has it though. I just flashed the ROM on a plain EEPROM cart and the issue remains. So this isn't caused by the sd2snes. :)

Wow, thats odd. Thanks for checking it out. Guess we can cross that one off the list.  ;)