Author Topic: EverDrive 64 v2.0 Questions  (Read 2438 times)

Offline naterade

• View Profile
EverDrive 64 v2.0 Questions
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:17 PM »
Hello everybody!

I have been doing some research on the Everdrive 64 2.0 for a little bit.  I know some limitations it has with some games like pokemon stadium 2, and a few others like donkey kong 64 and banjo.

I found that there are patched versions of donkey kong 64 and banjo to let us save the game without it getting corrupted down the road.  Most of the people posting on the forums say that to get the rom from goodset. I tried to research a little bit what goodset roms where but did not find much. 

I also found the name of the file that I would need for donkey kong to save successfully, "Donkey Kong 64 (U) [f2].z64".  I, however, could not find any rom with that name. 

I'm just curious if you guys have a link to a certain website with the patched roms to make games like donkey kong and banjo to work fine.

Also, I am new to this kind of stuff, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive 64 v2.0 Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 04:11 PM »
Hello everybody!

I have been doing some research on the Everdrive 64 2.0 for a little bit.  I know some limitations it has with some games like pokemon stadium 2, and a few others like donkey kong 64 and banjo.

I found that there are patched versions of donkey kong 64 and banjo to let us save the game without it getting corrupted down the road.  Most of the people posting on the forums say that to get the rom from goodset. I tried to research a little bit what goodset roms where but did not find much. 

I also found the name of the file that I would need for donkey kong to save successfully, "Donkey Kong 64 (U) [f2].z64".  I, however, could not find any rom with that name. 

I'm just curious if you guys have a link to a certain website with the patched roms to make games like donkey kong and banjo to work fine.

Also, I am new to this kind of stuff, so any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

I've just sent you a pm (private message), mate.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive 64 v2.0 Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06 PM »
Hi and welcome!

With an Special CIC (UltraCIC II) you don't need any patches on regular N64 games. The only thing is that you have to program and solder the new CIC by yourself or find someone who can do the job.

Greetings
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H