Author Topic: SNES with 50/60 Hz switchless auto mod and SD2SNES?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline fooness

• View Profile
SNES with 50/60 Hz switchless auto mod and SD2SNES?
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Dear community,

… I’m having a hard time, heh. I recently decided to sell my old games—I thought I should maybe keep the console and the controllers—and get an SD2SNES (and maybe N64 Everdrive later) …

Then I realized, that though using SD2SNES, I cannot play NTSC U/J games on my PAL SNES … so, I think I want to buy a second SNES and have one of those switchless auto-mode-choosing mod chips installed … I think what ikari posted is exactly what I’m looking for? https://sd2snes.de/blog/cool-stuff/1chip-5060hz-electronic-switch

If I understand this correctly, it’s an internal chop which automatically chooses PAL 50Hz or NTSC 60Hz regarding the checksum (or whatever) of the ROM which is loaded. And there are no external modifications to the SNES. Correct?

Could you also tell me, who is making such a mod in great quality? Is krikzz offering this? Is there someone in Germany offering this?

Thank you very much!

PS: I fear this would also be necessary for my N64, if I want to play all games via N64 Everdrive on it?

Offline Brillmacon

• View Profile
Re: SNES with 50/60 Hz switchless auto mod and SD2SNES?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:00 AM »
The decision you may make is right.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
Re: SNES with 50/60 Hz switchless auto mod and SD2SNES?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Hi, I've done the mod by myself. I've made it like ikari showed, but there is a easier way with an pcb from borti. You should check out the German forum www.Circuit-Board.de.

With an Everdrive 64 most games (pal, ntsc) can be played without any problems.
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H