Author Topic: Everdrive 64 gameboy emulator?  (Read 13982 times)

Offline keropi

• View Profile
Everdrive 64 gameboy emulator?
« on: July 27, 2012, 04:44 PM »
Hiya!

I noticed mentions and videos about the ED64 gameboy emulator... where can I find it? or the whole gameboy emulation was canned because it did not work well?
thanks for any info!  :)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive 64 gameboy emulator?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 04:52 PM »
I don't have the link, i found it somehere with google, but anyway amulator is terrible

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 05:40 PM »
thanks for the answer Igor, I won't bother then  ;D

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 04:27 AM »
You might try the SMS emulator (which actually only plays GameGear games, not SMS games). It's pretty good... the sound isn't quite there, but it's not bad.

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/n64/sms-gg/ultrasms.html

Offline keropi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:56 AM »
will give it a shot for fun Chilly Willy , thanks!
I wonder if I name the emu GG , will it load .gg files?

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:11 PM »
Probably not. These emulators generally require you to "inject" the rom image into the emulator file, then recalculate the N64 checksum. The NeoMyth menu handles that for you on NES and GameGear games. Anything else requires you to do it yourself and then load it like a normal game. It looks like the ED64 is similar for NES games, but you'd have to wait until KRIKzz adds support for UltraSMS if you want automatic handling of GG games. Each emulator is a bit different. UltraSMS requires the GG rom be copied into the emulator at a particular spot, so without knowing the spot, you'd not put the rom in the right place to work. As always, KRIKzz is free to incorporate anything from the NeoMyth menus he finds handy. It's why the Myth menus have such a permissive license.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24 PM »
ed64 os trying to find emulator in ed64 folder, in case of success os will copy emulator and rom to memory. emulator image will be copied to offset 0, and rom image will be copied to 0x200000. It works for nes and gb emu, but i not sure about sms emulator, cuz i don't know where those emulator expect to find rom image.

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 08:43 PM »
The offset for UltraSMS is 0x1B410. You have to read the whole UltraSMS file into memory, then write up to (but not more than) 512KB starting at that offset, then checksum the n64 boot segment. You have to load the whole UltraSMS file and not write too much because UltraSMS has data AFTER the space where the rom goes that cannot be overwritten or it fails to run.