Author Topic: MED_X7 not playing sms roms on VA6 model 1 Genesis  (Read 2675 times)

Offline infidelity

• View Profile
MED_X7 not playing sms roms on VA6 model 1 Genesis
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:15 PM »
I had a VA2 model 1 Genesis earlier this year, when I used the MED_X7 on it, i was able to load Master System roms on it.

I no longer have that system, now I have a VA6 model 1 Genesis, which has the TMSS when you power on the system. When I try to select any Master System rom with my MED_X7, I instantly get a black screen for about 5 seconds, then kicked back to the file menu within the MED_X7.

Is there some sort of modification I need to do to my VA6, to allow sms roms to play off of the MED_X7? (I recently sent the MED_X7 back to the Ukraine for a replacement one, so I can't do further testing till I get a new one back)

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: MED_X7 not playing sms roms on VA6 model 1 Genesis
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 12:18 PM »
Console does not require any mdifications for sms mode, but may be your system is defective and sms mode broken on your unit

Offline infidelity

• View Profile
Re: MED_X7 not playing sms roms on VA6 model 1 Genesis
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05 PM »
sms mode broken on your unit

If that's the case, is there documentation with other users that had a similar issue like mine? Again I won't be able to test until I get my replacement MED_X7, but if it is a system issue, I'd like to know so I could take my system apart and check.