Author Topic: EVERDRIVE 64 V3 worked 1st time, then never again.  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Humdingerkid

• View Profile
EVERDRIVE 64 V3 worked 1st time, then never again.
« on: December 28, 2017, 12:35 AM »
I just received the EVERDRIVE 64 today. I had my as card setup ahead of time. I put the card in the cartridge, he cartridge in the N64 and started it up. The menu came up right away and I found Road Rash 64 and started to play it. I was blown away with how easy everything was. I played a bit then wanted to try a different game. I pressed the reset button on the N64 and the screen when black. “Not a problem” I thought.

So the reset button doesn’t function with the EVERDRIVE. So I turned off the N64 and turned it back on but only got a black screen every time I tried. I removed the SD card and turned on the N64. The menu came back up on the EVERDRIVE and said something like “no SD card”. So I put the SD card back in and I keep getting a black screen.

Any ideas? It’s not broken because I played a game on it right away. It doesn’t recognize the sd card all of a sudden, but the formatting is correct because I already played a game on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
Re: EVERDRIVE 64 V3 worked 1st time, then never again.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 02:53 AM »
I had that happen when I changed the background that is displayed on the menu. Throw the SD card into your PC, move the ED64 folder out, download a fresh OS, and you should be good to go.

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Have you tried to setup another SD card?

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Hey, Last day my brother and me had a problem too. We played Mario Kart and after a reset the display stayed black... the Ed64 is a v2.01 with an UltraCIC v2 and the OS is 2.12, we “fixed” it with an Hard reset 🤨 This was the first time this happened! The only thing i think is that is an connection problem with the connector! After this we pulled the ED64 in and out for a few times and it worked like normal.
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Duddleswell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 11:56 PM »
This happened to me the first time I set up my ED64. I set up the SD card but I forgot to format it first. It should be fat16 or fat32 to work correctly.