Author Topic: Analogue Super NT  (Read 5429 times)

Offline NolanCraw

• View Profile
Analogue Super NT
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:56 AM »
Analogue Super NT

Is the SD2NES supposed to work on the new Analogue Super NT?

Just purchased one of both, and the SN2NES just gives me a 3 LED blink (with no SD card inserted).

Since there is no real user guide that I've found for the SD2NES, I'll have to assume it's just user error on my part.

Is it supposed to "just work" out of the box.

(The Super NT works great with every single cart I've tried.)

Considering just using the Super NT jailbreak, and saying screw the SD2NES :/  but since I own one now, i'd love for it to work.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
Re: Analogue Super NT
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Somehow I remember that the very first time you needed to "pair" the SD2SNES to the region of your SNES.
I don't remember how to do it though and how it would work with the SuperNt, if at all.
Maybe that was true for the early versions .... not sure anymore.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 11:13 AM »
Usually you should get a black screen saying "No SD Card found!" with no SD card inserted.
If the 3 LEDs are blinking slowly the sd2snes's CIC must first adapt to the console's CIC. This is done by pushing reset on the console. Not sure how the SuperCIC (some credits would have been nice) in the Super Nt is configured but tbh I'd expect it to adapt to the cartridge CIC anyway... so it's a bit strange that the error comes up.

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:36 AM »
I wonder if the SuperNt actually can give SD2SNES the correct info ...... maybe it's expecting the other way around (that is the cart is sending down something that it can detect to adapt itself to whatever the cart wants .... a sort of challenge/response database).

But maybe it is something totally different .... if the OP has a real SNES I suggest doing the reset there the first time then move it to the SuperNt to see if it works that way.

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Good suggestion (though the sd2snes SuperCIC comes with a default value that should work either way in case there is another SuperCIC or no CIC at all inside the console).
Another cause might be that the SuperCIC either inside the sd2snes or the Super Nt isn't working properly. (Most original games don't care one bit about the CIC so they just run, even if the console's CIC is fried. Notable exception are S-DD1 and SA-1 games).

Offline ColemanDF

• I intend to live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 09:00 PM »
I just got my Super NT and I thought the SD2SNES didn't work with it either, but I discovered something weird.
When I would turn on the Super NT with the SD2SNES and any controller plugged in, the system wouldnt boot and all the leds on both the system and sd2snes would go haywire.
However, if i started the system with the SD2SNES plugged in but NO CONTROLLERS, it would start fine and then I could plug the controllers in and everything worked perfectly fine.

Not sure if this is the same experience for everyone else, but I felt I should share.
Consoles owned: NES, SNES, N64, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Pocket (Backlight modified), Gameboy Pocket Light, Gameboy Color, GBA (backlight modified), GBA-SP,Gameboy Micro, Gameboy Pocket Light, Genesis, DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3, MAME cabinet.

Everdrives I have - N8, Everdrive-GB, Everdrive-GBA
Other - SD2SNES

Offline FBX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:53 AM »

Not sure if this is the same experience for everyone else, but I felt I should share.

Not for me. My SD2SNES works perfectly fine with my Super Nt. The only minor issue I found was if you enable cart audio, there's a loud buzzing sound while you hold the reset button to bring the SD2SNES back to main menu.

Here's a pic of my pair setup:

My SD2SNES is revision F, but also now has the Borti board mod I installed myself.

Offline Catwalk1982

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Analogue Super NT

Is the SD2NES supposed to work on the new Analogue Super NT?

Just purchased one of both, and the SN2NES just gives me a 3 LED blink (with no SD card inserted).

Since there is no real user guide that I've found for the SD2NES, I'll have to assume it's just user error on my part.

Is it supposed to "just work" out of the box.

(The Super NT works great with every single cart I've tried.)

Considering just using the Super NT jailbreak, and saying screw the SD2NES :/  but since I own one now, i'd love for it to work.

i have the same Problem with my Super Everdrive!Seems like a bug in the Super NT Firmware!Set in the Super NT Hardware Menü the Option ”Launch System Timing“ to on and it should work...

Offline FartPuff

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 06:24 PM »
i was getting 3 led blink
put the firmware on an sd card, insert to the cart, and it's fixed, had a garbled menu item (no roms), put a rom on there, and that problem went away too.

so you don't have to set to original timing, you just have to have the firmware in place and plugged in via SD card
retroUSB AVS / EverDrive N8 / Analogue Super NT / SAG SD2SNES Pro ( Mk. III Rev. B ) / Game/System collection

Offline NolanCraw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 10:53 PM »
I updated the firmware, and got the menu to appear finally, (with garbled japanesey looking character, and put a ROM folder on the SD, but it s not letting me read the Roms.

After doing yet more googling, I found i was missing more files on my SD card:
(I added the following, but I'm still not able to read roms.)

bsxpage.bin
cx4.bin
firmware.img (removed after updating)
fpga_base.bit
fpga_cx4.bit
menu.bin
sd2snes.db
sd2snes.dir

however, the 2 following dont seem to be available anywhere, are they generate by the system after running?
sd2snes.db
sd2snes.dir

Are these following files optional to run SNES Roms?

dsp1.bin
dsp1b.bin
dsp2.bin
dsp3.bin
dsp4.bin
st0010.bin
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:54 PM by NolanCraw »

Offline NolanCraw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 11:05 PM »
I wonder if the SuperNt actually can give SD2SNES the correct info ...... maybe it's expecting the other way around (that is the cart is sending down something that it can detect to adapt itself to whatever the cart wants .... a sort of challenge/response database).

But maybe it is something totally different .... if the OP has a real SNES I suggest doing the reset there the first time then move it to the SuperNt to see if it works that way.

Thanks Phoenixdownita, no I don't have an original SNES, just the Super NT.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51 PM »
however, the 2 following dont seem to be available anywhere, are they generate by the system after running?
sd2snes.db
sd2snes.dir

They're most likely incorporated into the firmware now somewhere. Don't worry about them

Are these following files optional to run SNES Roms?

dsp1.bin
dsp1b.bin
dsp2.bin
dsp3.bin
dsp4.bin
st0010.bin

Yes, they're enhancement chips for certain games. Have a read of this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_NES_enhancement_chips