Author Topic: SD2SNES: some question before buying it  (Read 3630 times)

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
SD2SNES: some question before buying it
« on: April 03, 2018, 12:46 AM »
HI

I have a Super Famicom (jap version) and i would like to buy this card. I read that the last fw is 0.1.7e.  Do you know if new fw will be developed in order to implement the compatibility with additional chip?

thanks!

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Re: SD2SNES: some question before buying it
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 10:50 AM »
Many chips are supported already. Only big ones missing are GSU and SA1. GSU is in development right now by redguy and PityOnU in here. Both try their own implementation. SA1 might come, but noone can guarantee that to you.

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:43 PM »
thank you

1) is this an original sd2snes cart? https://www.tomsretroshack.com/products/sd2snes-everdrive-cart     
2) where can I find a completed and updated bios file needed for run all the supported chip on the card?
thank you very much

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 02:28 AM »
1) it's a chinese fake. (that website sells only clones and fakes that's why the prices are lower).
2) sd2snes.de is the official website of SD2SNES' developer.

Offline babayaga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 12:07 PM »
thank you

1) is this an original sd2snes cart? https://www.tomsretroshack.com/products/sd2snes-everdrive-cart     
2) where can I find a completed and updated bios file needed for run all the supported chip on the card?
thank you very much

Get it from the webshop at krikkz, support the original creators :)

Offline Xaranar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 03:03 PM »
If you look on Krikzz's website, he has a list of authorised distributors there.  If you buy from any of those places, you're guaranteed a legitimate cart there.  I always get mine from retro towers, but that's because I'm UK based and so are they.  I don't mind that they put their own custom labels on the carts, the PCBs themselves are genuine.

Offline legolas119

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 12:56 AM »
thanks guys.  I also checked the cart on stonenangegamer, it seems original too.

In the official s2dsnes site i didn't find the link to the complete and updated bios pack...they suggest to download them from the web...but it is not easy to find the right pack...there are a lot of links, some times really old...do you have any suggestion?