Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 204910 times)

Offline James-F

• View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2018, 11:15 PM »
You've missed tyser post.
The menu editor already supports gsu v07.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline AcidRain

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 18, 2018, 12:37 AM »
Am I the only one still getting scrambled graphics in the menu editor?  :-\ What am i doing wrong? I uploaded the new menu bin from gsu v07 in the editor and the preview shows up good but when i actually download it, the graphics are all screwed.

Edit: I figured out what i was doing wrong. It would come out with graphical glitches when i would put the menu bin in my sd2snes folder first, then try to edit it. But when i edit the menu bin first, then put it in my folder it worked fine.  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 12:46 AM by AcidRain »

Offline Arjak

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 18, 2018, 12:43 AM »
I installed version 7 and gave Stunt Race FX and StarFox 2 a good play, and I didn't experience any problems, strange behavior, or glitches on my end. Thank you so much, Redguy! You are truly doing the God of Gaming's work!

Offline AcidRain

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 18, 2018, 12:49 PM »
A few pages back I reported that Doom would freeze on the first level using the gsu v07  firmware on the Super NT. It seemed like I was the only one with this problem so I just went back to the gsu v05 since thats the one that has been treating me the best. Well with the new update to the custom theme tool I thought I would give v07 another try. The problem was still there with the freezing so I decided to try a few different things. First I tried out the sd2snes on my actual ntsc Super Nintendo and Doom worked flawlessly! So then I was like it has to do with something on the Super NTs part. I messed around with some of the system settings and I think I figured it out. Under Hardware theres an option called Launch System Timing with a box you can check. So I checked the box and Doom seems to work without any problems. If any of you have a Super NT could you try out Doom with and without the Launch System Timing and tell me what results you get. Make sure you dont just rush thru the stage, take your time and try to collect all items. I used Doom (USA) from the Smokemonster pack.

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2018, 01:06 PM »
I guess it does make to be careful with the Super NT (and other non-standard consoles) at this point because it may have its own flaws which may introduce additional complexity (which can be avoided at this point).
After the standard consoles (as reference devices) work well then it does make sense to adapt the code for non-standard consoles.

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Heh, that statement might angry some people here, but completely true.  :D
Although parallel testing on all consoles is also not bad, I'm sure RedGuy keeps track.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:54 PM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2018, 02:19 PM »
I guess it does make to be careful with the Super NT (and other non-standard consoles) at this point because it may have its own flaws which may introduce additional complexity (which can be avoided at this point).
After the standard consoles (as reference devices) work well then it does make sense to adapt the code for non-standard consoles.
I agree. In my Fat SNES NTSC all betas versions are always running as expected by redguy (readme).

V07 is almost perfect! I've tested all games, including Power Slide and Voxel.

I believe that Super NT, SNES PAL and SuperCIC are some of the "problems" that will be solved soon.

Edit:
Super Metroid V07 (I adapted from Smokemonster's set)
https://mega.nz/#!VV9B2BLS!1jI5Tmp7EljEW0EPj1dJDXv-FCH18AjAYA8M22gfxbc

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:30 PM by ErivandoXP »

Offline AcidRain

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2018, 03:20 PM »
Ok I reset the Super Nt to factory settings with the latest firmware and everything seems to be running correctly, with or without the box checked for Launch System Timing. So now I really dont know what was causing the crash lol  Im just glad everything is working. Thanks Redguy for your hard work.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2018, 04:32 PM »

I've been testing the Super NT on firmware version 4.5, with the GSU firmware, and I've tested Star Fox 2, Star Fox, and Yoshi's Island, all NTSC ROMs.

All of them play with absolute perfection, but I haven't used version 7 yet, but version 5, as 5 has been super stable, never encountered a single crash or otherwise system error when running on an SD2SNES. I will test version 7 later, but AFAIK, it's amazing.

Offline Oli

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2018, 06:18 PM »

I've been testing the Super NT on firmware version 4.5, with the GSU firmware, and I've tested Star Fox 2, Star Fox, and Yoshi's Island, all NTSC ROMs.

All of them play with absolute perfection, but I haven't used version 7 yet, but version 5, as 5 has been super stable, never encountered a single crash or otherwise system error when running on an SD2SNES. I will test version 7 later, but AFAIK, it's amazing.

For me V7 with JB6.6 Firmware on Super NT everything is working perfectly ! When in-game buttons be back (if it's possible) it will be perfect for me !!!  8)

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2018, 06:24 PM »
I didn't have to do any special configuration on my Analogue Super Nt for any of the Super FX games.  I played Doom up til level 6 without any issues and on "Fastest" setting.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Also on the Super Nt with JB6.6 (CopySNES ftw!), and also haven't had any crashes since around v02.

Offline invaderyoyo

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 18, 2018, 07:48 PM »
I've been using a Rev F SD2SNES on a SNES Jr. and a Super NT on 4.5. I haven't had any issues other than having to power cycle and messed up graphics in Doom with early versions.

Offline AcidRain

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 18, 2018, 09:42 PM »

For me V7 with JB6.6 Firmware on Super NT everything is working perfectly ! When in-game buttons be back (if it's possible) it will be perfect for me !!!  8)

Thats the setup I ended up with this morning and like you said "everything is working perfectly !"  ::)

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2018, 11:25 PM »
I agree. In my Fat SNES NTSC all betas versions are always running as expected by redguy (readme).

I had the same issues with v3-v5 (before the fix) on my early model SNES, so my issues had nothing to do with the Super NT. I get that the Super NT may have hardware differences due to being a FPGA, but some people had issues on official SNES hardware.

I tested v7 on my SNES and it's working great there, as well as on the Super NT.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 05:46 AM by brianvgplayer »