Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 201453 times)

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Awesome progress, redguy! Please keep up the great work!

Offline GadgetUK

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Wow, awesome news!  Keep up the great work!  I do hope you can complete it!

Offline efsd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Finally we will able to play Yoshi Island on the real snes hardware and not to be concerned about losing the save someday due to CRC dying!

That's great! Will it be on the next firmware? (I was almost buying the real cartridge)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 02:11 PM by efsd »

Offline Marice

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Wow, just reading up on the progress you made.
Best news of 2018 so far!

Would love to donate you a beer !

Offline Spoonman

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Very impressive! :O  I think this is what many current, and future SD2SNES owners have been waiting for.

Also, is this work something that can also benefit the Super Nt? So that it may also load FX games via the rom loader?

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2018, 03:30 PM »
I don't get it.
For years nobody dared to touch this but here comes redguy and nails it in a couple short weeks... this is astonishing.
All it takes is someone with the will and know how. Here’s to redguy!

Offline socksfelloff

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2018, 04:31 PM »
I don't get it.
For years nobody dared to touch this but here comes redguy and nails it in a couple short weeks... this is astonishing.

Sometimes it takes a different mind to take a different approach. This reminds me of Unseen64 coming out of nowhere with GCVideo after years of everyone saying it cant be done. GeoHot hacked the ps3 in a few days after years of all the "top guys" in the scene saying it wasn't going to happen.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2018, 05:07 PM »
I don't get it.

Sometimes it takes a different mind to take a different approach. This reminds me of Unseen64 coming out of nowhere with GCVideo after years of everyone saying it cant be done. GeoHot hacked the ps3 in a few days after years of all the "top guys" in the scene saying it wasn't going to happen.

Some men are born for greatness.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier

Offline loukey

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2018, 06:02 PM »
This is great news!  Thank you for the hard work redguy and all who have laid the foundation he's working from as well as those who will build after.  :)

Offline infidelity

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2018, 07:18 PM »
I cannot place a number on how many times I've watched redguy's YouTube video, of StarFox running on the SD2SNES. Very, very exciting developments! I code with 6502 ASM, makes me wish I knew how to write for the SNES, or another language, cause I'd love to contribute to this! I'll keep refreshing this thread per usual, for further reports!

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2018, 07:50 PM »
I cannot place a number on how many times I've watched redguy's YouTube video, of StarFox running on the SD2SNES. Very, very exciting developments! I code with 6502 ASM, makes me wish I knew how to write for the SNES, or another language, cause I'd love to contribute to this! I'll keep refreshing this thread per usual, for further reports!

If you know 6502 ASM already, learning 65816 is super easy, as it's mostly the same. The hard part is everything else :P. Start with this: https://wiki.superfamicom.org/ and watch these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57ibhDU2SAI&list=PLHQ0utQyFw5KCcj1ljIhExH_lvGwfn6GV
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2018, 09:20 PM »
I don't get it.

Yeah. This reminds me of the guy who recently hacked the Sega Saturn proving that was possible as well.

People have said that his work will lead to better emulators of the console and a possible mod of the console where the CD/DVD drive what have you is removed and replaced with some sort of flash card type of device that can load the game Isos from that and play them.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2018, 10:34 PM »
I don't get it.

Yeah. This reminds me of the guy who recently hacked the Sega Saturn proving that was possible as well.

People have said that his work will lead to better emulators of the console and a possible mod of the console where the CD/DVD drive what have you is removed and replaced with some sort of flash card type of device that can load the game Isos from that and play them.

I think you are talking about 2 different guys/ projects.

The one who hacked the Sega saturn is called Prof.  Abrasive and he is developing a flash cart for the saturn that connects via the videocd card port in the back,  so no need to remove or modify anything. Whether that leads to better emulators or not,  we'll have to see,  but he did get a lot of help from a lot of people initially.

The device that requires the drive to be removed to install it is called the "Rhea / Phoebe" and it was created by a different guy who did not hack the saturn.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO

On my wishlist:
Everdrive GBA - EDGB X3 - Saturn Satisfier

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2018, 04:29 PM »
At least we might be getting it finally, right? That's something to be happy about at least. I rarely venture into criticism of product creators such as this, but this time I feel it's completely unwarranted. There's no point in ragging on ikari for it. We have our awesome SD2SNES's, what it's currently capable of (MSU1 capability on the cart being the most amazing thing that's happened on the SNES since the days when it was a current gen console), and what it might be capable of in the future, because of ikari. I have nothing but total respect for the guy.

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Just thought if Ikari is working on the Cheat menu we will have a very nice v1.8 release.  :)
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.