Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 201228 times)

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #285 on: April 09, 2018, 01:19 AM »

I got the rom on the planetemu.
Is your sd2snes krikzz or chinese? If you're Chinese maybe that's the problem.

text in portuguese
Eu peguei a rom no planetemu.
O teu sd2snes é do krikzz ou chinês ? Se for chinês talvez seja este o problema.

Original Krikzz. Yoshi island is running perfect, except for one or two little red squares appearing on background  in the 1st stage with the v3 (in previous ver I dont face this), but fully playable even in the MSU-1 version.

Ah! The Yoshi Island isn't keeping the save after power off the system.

Are you resetting it, or turning it off? Try soft resetting the game.

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 09, 2018, 02:14 AM »
Redguy is doing really great.  I've been up all night shopping around for a SNES on ebay. I was about to win one too but got spiked at the last second. Damn.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 09, 2018, 02:43 AM »
Thanks again redguy! - Yoshis Island startups perfect everytime now in v3, no need to reset

I cant believe people are asking about sa-1 already. Tossers.
Only 7 messages in the forum and fresh subscribing and already give useless judgments to peoples that are here from years before you and are using everdrives and sd2snes years before you (and more expert) so try to give respect first NOOB, and some words you use take them for yourself as are much more indicated for your person.
And IF redguy, that is a genius for me, makes an sa1 core will benefit YOU too. So shut up.

And i'm totally with james comment below that have understood the situation, thanks.

I cant believe people are asking about sa-1 already.
I can understand that.
The man accomplished years long challenge in brisk two weeks, that is an undeniable talent that cannot be "let loose" while this great mind is still interested in this narrow field of hobby and applying his tremendous knowledge of engineering and programming to it.
No interest lasts forever (we know that perfectly well), that's why people shamelessly implore the man to try tackle the SA-1 while he still interested in the hobby and has some free time to invest.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:45 AM by Arnold101 »

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 09, 2018, 02:49 AM »
Hey, no sense getting upset.  I'm sure some of the sentiment stems from seeing folks in other places that aren't all that appreciative of the hard work.  Entitled attitudes bug me too.  However, this may not have been the case, so like James-F said, there's quite a bit of excitement here as well.

Regardless, let's just appreciate what redguy has already given us!  This is absolutely amazing work.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline FartPuff

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 09, 2018, 03:53 AM »
I'm grateful for this energetic and talented person using his time to grace us with this.  I don't blame anyone for asking for more.  I don't think it's entitlement, but a lot of excited hopefulness that doesn't happen but once a decade.  James-F is spot-on.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:00 AM by FartPuff »
retroUSB AVS / EverDrive N8 / Analogue Super NT / SAG SD2SNES Pro ( Mk. III Rev. B ) / SNES collection

Offline boogiemanspud

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 09, 2018, 04:37 AM »
Thanks again redguy! - Yoshis Island startups perfect everytime now in v3, no need to reset

I cant believe people are asking about sa-1 already. Tossers.
Only 7 messages in the forum and fresh subscribing and already give useless judgments to peoples that are here from years before you and are using everdrives and sd2snes years before you (and more expert) so try to give respect first NOOB, and some words you use take them for yourself as are much more indicated for your person.
And IF redguy, that is a genius for me, makes an sa1 core will benefit YOU too. So shut up.

Wow boys, we got an internet tough guy here.  He's "been here for years" and even has 280 posts, us NOOBS better learn to recognize a clearly superior specimen of human being.  Man, you need to evaluate your priorities in life because this is pretty pathetic.  Being a member of one particular forum for years isn't the be all end all of what makes one an "expert".  Talking about someone's post count also makes people quickly discount the validity of anything you say.

C'mon man, lighten up.  I get that we all want sa-1 but it's not redguy's job to give that to you.  Be happy with what he's doing and if he or someone decides to tackle sa-1 in the future that's great.  Over the years I've seen more EXPERTS get burnt out and leave their respective communities due to beggars and other non-contributing folks bothering them all the time with "requests".  Just let it go and don't try to pressure someone who's GIVING you their time and hard work for free.  Be appreciative, not an annoying beggar bothering those with the know how to get this stuff done.

Offline redguy

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 09, 2018, 04:47 AM »
See the top of the first post for a link to v04:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7451.msg57572#msg57572

I think I introduced a bug in v03 when trying to fix another bug in v02.  This is the attempt to fix that, although, I can't test it because it works for me with both versions.  If someone had a working v02, but it stopped working in v03 give this one a try.  If it still doesn't work then try the fpga_gsu.bit from v02 and see if that works.

Also, you may have to delete your save files for yoshi's island from v02 and older.  They may have gotten corrupted by v01 and v02.

Offline abee263

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27 AM »
Thanks for the update Redguy,

You are awesome and very talented guy

Greetings from Indonesia :)

Offline DJBabyBuster

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2018, 07:33 AM »
Thanks for the latest update redguy.  The pace at which you're updating is quite amazing.  I tested v3 earlier today and everything was more consistently starting every time.  I played through Star Fox 2 to completion without issue, and the rom is successfully saving my high score.  Grabbing v4 now, thank you for all your exhaustive efforts!!! 

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 09, 2018, 07:40 AM »
Thank you redguy.
Everything works fine in v4, including saves from previous builds.
Also, the slowdown in YI I've encountered is lessened in V4.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:25 AM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Thank you for your hard work  8)

Offline toadhall

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2018, 08:23 AM »
Wow, we're on V4 already. Redguy is on fire!

Offline NOBODY

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2018, 09:20 AM »
REDGUY, thank you so much, mate.

You give us all a big present.

Good bless you!
Everdrive-N8 (1.3)
Famicom AV (Rev.H) Hi-Def NES (4.2)
Turbo Game CCE (VG-9000T)(NES Clone)

Everdrive-X7 (V2.01)
MegaDrive 1 JAP (VA4)
MegaDrive 1 EUR (M5+CIC)

SD2Snes (Rev.H)
Super Nintendo (USA.1CHIP01)
Super Nintendo (USA.GPM02)
Super Famicom (JAP.GPM01)
Analogue Super NT

Offline krisk77

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2018, 09:34 AM »
In case it helps, this is my experience with a SD2SNES rev E2.
I used 2 consoles to test and in both I had game crashes with Yoshis island:
PAL SNES with PAL/NTSC 50/60 hz : every rom from every regin crashes at intro before file selection
JAP NTSC SNES unmodified: only ntsc games are able to initiate playing (obviously) but with USA roms I can play until it crashes at first or second stage, but with jap 1.0 rom it does not crash.

I hope it helps.

Snip..error ignore
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 09:36 AM by krisk77 »

Offline sonicjhn

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2018, 11:09 AM »
See the top of the first post for a link to v04:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=7451.msg57572#msg57572

I think I introduced a bug in v03 when trying to fix another bug in v02.  This is the attempt to fix that, although, I can't test it because it works for me with both versions.  If someone had a working v02, but it stopped working in v03 give this one a try.  If it still doesn't work then try the fpga_gsu.bit from v02 and see if that works.

Also, you may have to delete your save files for yoshi's island from v02 and older.  They may have gotten corrupted by v01 and v02.

Amazing update, Redguy! The games are running significantly faster now, specially Doom and Stunt Race FX. Both are much more enjoyable to play now, with a great sensation of speed.

Thanks for this huge contribution for the SD2SNES community!