Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 199410 times)

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #345 on: April 12, 2018, 07:27 PM »
v2 works for me. Star Fox 2 fixed beta, Star Fox 2 SNES Mini, Star Fox 1 rev. 2, Doom, and Yossy Island all work. The graphics did glitch up briefly in Star Fox 2 a couple of times and a had to power cycle a few times, but the games work consistently.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:29 PM by brianvgplayer »

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 12, 2018, 08:47 PM »
Yoshi's Island is perfect in my Snes (Fat NTSC 1CHIP).

100% complete soon

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2018, 09:08 PM »
Hi, new to the forum.  First, I wanted to thank everyone who is involved in all these projects.  You’ve made an old gamer very happy.  I was so impressed with the Everdrive 64 v2.5 that I also purchased a SD2SNES shortly after.

I lurked for a few days before deciding to install the beta and join the forum to put my two cents in but I’m happy to report that I installed v05 on my SD card a few days ago and all was good on first try.  I ran Starfox v1.2, Starfox 2, SMW2, DOOM, and Stunt Race FX with no issues so far.  Stunt Race FX actually seems to run better than it did on my Wii using Snes9x.

I’m using an early Super Famicom(NTSC-J).  I’ll have to check what version flashcart I have but I know the info said it was made in February 2018.

Again, keep up the great work.  Let’s hope this inspires someone to get SA-1 going.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25 AM »
v05 seems fine to me.  I'm use smokemonster roms on NTSC.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 13, 2018, 04:41 AM »
Hi, new to the forum.  First, I wanted to thank everyone who is involved in all these projects.  You’ve made an old gamer very happy.  I was so impressed with the Everdrive 64 v2.5 that I also purchased a SD2SNES shortly after.

I lurked for a few days before deciding to install the beta and join the forum to put my two cents in but I’m happy to report that I installed v05 on my SD card a few days ago and all was good on first try.  I ran Starfox v1.2, Starfox 2, SMW2, DOOM, and Stunt Race FX with no issues so far.  Stunt Race FX actually seems to run better than it did on my Wii using Snes9x.

I’m using an early Super Famicom(NTSC-J).  I’ll have to check what version flashcart I have but I know the info said it was made in February 2018.

Again, keep up the great work.  Let’s hope this inspires someone to get SA-1 going.

Keep in mind Snes9x on Wii uses a lot of frame-skipping because to the weak CPU, so Super FX games are gonna struggle. Wii U doesn't have this issue on RetroArch and runs the same as real hardware/SDS2SNES.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 14, 2018, 04:37 AM »
I tried v5 and Star Fox 2 is booting up with sound and no picture and other games like Dirt Trak FX, Star Fox, and Doom are locking up after a short time. v4 seems to have the same issue. SD2SNES rev. H. Analog Super NT and older model SNES with eject holder.

edit: Tried v3 and had issues with games locking up Star Fox Rev 2 and Star Fox 2 SNES mini were two of these.
HELP!!!! same here on usa snes. v3 works fine v4 v5 no

i tried two different snes.

also v3 have 3 files inside, v5 only 2, why? i installed first v3 than v5, i tried to delete star fox 2 saves, but do the same.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:02 AM by Arnold101 »

Offline Xtrasmiley

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 14, 2018, 10:56 AM »
Are things working mostly close to 100% now? I noticed the releases slowed down...

The question is, when is this going to get rolled into the normal SD2SNES firmware?

Offline Xtrasmiley

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 14, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Are things working mostly close to 100% now? I noticed the releases slowed down...

The question is, when is this going to get rolled into the normal SD2SNES firmware?

Offline ewok

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 14, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Thanks a lot!!! Works great on my sd2snes and Analogue super NT. I sincerely hope that you also look to the other unemulated coprocessor chips.

To be quite honest, I understand sd2snes is a hobby project, but unfortunately firmware updates and emulated coprocessor updates are quite slow. And the device is quite expensive. I really like what you did in such a short time frame. Please stick to the sd2snes for a while. Your help is more then welcome! Thanks again!!  :)

Offline tic

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12 PM »
I think it work o.k only the in game hook issue.

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2018, 04:33 PM »

Not for me. I’ve yet to be able to play a single FX game without lockup or other issues. I’m using the Smokemonster pack on a Super NT  :(

Offline romhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 14, 2018, 05:52 PM »
starfox 2 work fine with gsu v0.5 for you ?

On a fast test ...
* Star Fox 2 (Beta TD) [h1C] -> GoodSNES v3.27
* Star Fox 2 Final Fix by ManuLoewe (Beta TD) [T+Eng1.00_Aeon Genesis] -> GoodSNES v3.27
are working now (Maybe other ROM versions too).
 ;D

Offline xamphear

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 14, 2018, 05:55 PM »

Not for me. I’ve yet to be able to play a single FX game without lockup or other issues. I’m using the Smokemonster pack on a Super NT  :(
Same here, with a SuperNT. Lots of crashes and graphical glitches across all SFX games. I wonder if there's some SuperNT setting that affects things.

Offline Prock78

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 14, 2018, 06:32 PM »
First, thanks a lot for your work on Super FX implementation Redguy! I discovered about it yesterday and was really excited to test this!
Unfortunately it doesn't work for me, I don't understand what's wrong...  :-[ :-[ :-[
I tried gsu_v05, then v04 and then v03 and I always get the same issues with all the Super FX games: the graphics are totally messed up, and it freezes after a few seconds, sometimes the music carries on, sometimes it stops too, sometimes the game doesn't boot at all (black screen, sometimes with music, sometimes without). Sometimes I can see the intro of Yoshi's Island and Stunt Race FX but if it doesn't freeze during the intro, it always freeze at the title screen (or at least when the race begins when I'm lucky enough to go until there, in Stunt Race FX). I tried with US, euro and jap roms, but I always get the same problems. I use the no-intro roms, but also tried with other roms (roms with or without header): nothing works...
I have a modded PAL SNES with Super CIC. I have a SD2SNES with a Sandisk SD card. I don't know which revision of my SD2SNES, I think it's F but I'm not sure... how to know?
All the other SNES games work flawlessly, including MSU patched games (SA-1 games don't work, of course...). Did I do something wrong? Or is it a hardware problem? or another problem (gsu not being compatible with all hardware yet)?
Thanks for your help!

Offline infidelity

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 14, 2018, 09:17 PM »
where do I obtain the v0.5 firmware? it's not on the first page of this thread. Thanks!