Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 201319 times)

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #600 on: May 02, 2018, 02:57 PM »
A chat/messenger app is how it's being distributed now? Odd.
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Xtrasmiley

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 02, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I'm sure Redguy will post here once it makes it to version 9. I think the small steps are for those who are really trying the latest versions and not for the main group here.

That being said, how many more versions before it makes it into official firmware?

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 02, 2018, 04:18 PM »
A chat/messenger app is how it's being distributed now? Odd.
Nothing is distributed on a chat.
The important updates are posted here by redguy himself.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:24 PM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 02, 2018, 06:03 PM »
v09 is up
First post.

Updated timing parameters.
Added support for ingame hooks. Disabled for Doom.

Try disabling in-game hooks if there is any weird behavior.  They are not well tested.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline marcus.miranda

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 02, 2018, 07:17 PM »
v09 is up
First post.

Updated timing parameters.
Added support for ingame hooks. Disabled for Doom.

Try disabling in-game hooks if there is any weird behavior.  They are not well tested.
I have a question. Is this v09 "bunbled" with v08.2 .bit file?

Offline NOBODY

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 02, 2018, 07:34 PM »
I'm sure Redguy will post here once it makes it to version 9. I think the small steps are for those who are really trying the latest versions and not for the main group here.

That being said, how many more versions before it makes it into official firmware?

Stupid question. Why does it matter? He is doing it without receive any penny and people still complaining. It's unbelievable. Just sit your bottom in chair and wait! He will make  how many versions he thinks its necessery to set annoying people like you happy and you my dear are still complaing about the time it is taking.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:48 PM by EverDriver »
Everdrive-N8 (1.3)
Famicom AV (Rev.H) Hi-Def NES (4.2)
Turbo Game CCE (VG-9000T)(NES Clone)

Everdrive-X7 (V2.01)
MegaDrive 1 JAP (VA4)
MegaDrive 1 EUR (M5+CIC)

SD2Snes (Rev.H)
Super Nintendo (USA.1CHIP01)
Super Nintendo (USA.GPM02)
Super Famicom (JAP.GPM01)
Analogue Super NT

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 02, 2018, 08:34 PM »
Thx redguy for the update.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37 PM »

Stupid question. Why does it matter? He is doing it without receive any penny and people still complaining. It's unbelievable. Just sit your bottom in chair and wait! He will make  how many versions he thinks its necessery to set annoying people like you happy and you my dear are still complaing about the time it is taking.

:D,and then people ask why many devs says bye bye,patience this days is asking to much.
The same with the ssds3 from terraonion,people have no clue what for work and time goes in such projects.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:49 PM by EverDriver »

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 02, 2018, 08:59 PM »
:D,and then people ask why many devs says bye bye,patience this days is asking to much.
The same with the ssds3 from terraonion,people have no clue what for work and time goes in such projects.
I would be all over the ssds3 if it had HDMI Out. I suggested a flashcart that used the expansion port years back, I'm thinking when the original TED came out. But now that it's out and pretty much perfect by those standards, I'm spoiled by the Super Nt. The price also sort of holds me back as well though. I know it's expensive to produce, but then I think of what I'd actually use it for--Fatal Fury 2, Rondo of Blood, and maybe a few RPGs, and I dunno if that's worth $300 to me right now.

Anyway, I think people's impatience is an act of love for the SNES, but I think in some cases, they'd better be ready to wait a long time. I've waited 6 years for GSU support never pushing ikari_01 and sometimes getting mad at those who did, and now that it's here and getting better almost by the week, people are clamoring for SA-1 support, despite that being more questionable to implement than the GSU ever was.

Anyway, I'm also curious if the timing improvements for v09 are the same as for v08.2 or if it's been further refined. Anyone know?

Offline AlxUnderBase

• View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/alexunderbase
« Reply #609 on: May 02, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Thanks Redguy ! Will be much better from now on ...  :)
SD2SNES rev F - EVERDRIVE-64 v3 - EVERDRIVE N8 Fam - EVERDRIVE-GBA X5 - EVERDRIVE-GBA X7 - PSIO

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 02, 2018, 09:22 PM »
I would be all over the ssds3 if it had HDMI Out. I suggested a flashcart that used the expansion port years back, I'm thinking when the original TED came out. But now that it's out and pretty much perfect by those standards, I'm spoiled by the Super Nt. The price also sort of holds me back as well though. I know it's expensive to produce, but then I think of what I'd actually use it for--Fatal Fury 2, Rondo of Blood, and maybe a few RPGs, and I dunno if that's worth $300 to me right now.

Anyway, I think people's impatience is an act of love for the SNES, but I think in some cases, they'd better be ready to wait a long time. I've waited 6 years for GSU support never pushing ikari_01 and sometimes getting mad at those who did, and now that it's here and getting better almost by the week, people are clamoring for SA-1 support, despite that being more questionable to implement than the GSU ever was.

Anyway, I'm also curious if the timing improvements for v09 are the same as for v08.2 or if it's been further refined. Anyone know?

People must learn that they have to be patient,if its needed 10 more revisions,so be it,better don't push people like redguy,he does it for free and he seems to be  a real pro,and the most important,he also have a life  besides program gsu for sd2snes.
Give it some time to perfekt it,and when he have the desire to work on sa1,he will do that.
Rev9 works fine here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:25 PM by fille1976 »

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 02, 2018, 09:24 PM »
This is absolutely amazing Redguy! Thank you very much for your hard work! Do you have PayPal? I like to donate you some of my €uros! My brother and me brought an SD2SNES back a few years directly from Krikzz, it was an Rev. F. I’ve updated it to Rev. H with ikaris Infos. Everything works like it should! I would like to donate some €uros ikari too, his work is absolutely amazing!

Edit: My SNES is a PAL 1Chip01, modded with the RGB, CSync, SuperCIC, UIGR and the 50/60 Hz Mod! All Games work without any problems.
Greets
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:29 PM by D4v3WTF »
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 02, 2018, 09:26 PM »
This is absolutely amazing Redguy! Thank you very much for your hard work! Do you have PayPal? I like to donate you some of my €uros! My brother and me brought an SD2SNES back a few years directly from Krikzz, it was an Rev. F. I’ve updated it to Rev. H with ikaris Infos. Everything works like it should! I would like to donate some €uros ikari too, his work is absolutely amazing!

Greets

Yep,he did a great job on gsu,and ikari with the sd2snes,they both earn a statue.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 02, 2018, 10:59 PM »

Edit: My SNES is a PAL 1Chip01, modded with the RGB, CSync, SuperCIC, UIGR and the 50/60 Hz Mod! All Games work without any problems.
Greets

Where can i found the infos about the updating of the Rev. F to Rev. H ? Thanks in advance, D4v3! (i found something and hope is the right way -> https://sd2snes.de/files/RevH/ )

Hey AlxUnderBase, I used most of the infos from this thread: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5273.0. You can find some pictures from me and others, with the modded SD2SNES. You don’t need to mod it from Rev. F to Rev. G! Just use the Rev. H Update! Rev. G had a problem with the MSU-1 volume, this was fixed in Rev. H.

Good luck!
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Xtrasmiley

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 02, 2018, 11:16 PM »

Stupid question. Why does it matter? He is doing it without receive any penny and people still complaining. It's unbelievable. Just sit your ass in chair and wait! He will make  how many versions he thinks its necessery to set annoying people like you happy and you fuckers  are still complaing about the time it is taking.

Stupid question indeed, don't worry I see a lot of them online! Still, I'll answer it for you. It matters because I asked, and despite how emotional you are about "something" I don't think questioning, or discussing something you are interested in on a discussion board about said thing is out of line. Also, I don't think it was any kind of demand from anyone, it was an open question, really to anyone, not just developers about, hey guys, how many versions do you think before this beta goes gold? Are we close on the timings? Hooks? Cheats? etc.

What drives away people is immature people getting on a discussion forum and calling people "fuckers" for asking questions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:18 PM by Xtrasmiley »