Author Topic: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]  (Read 199415 times)

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
Re: gsu (superfx) support [work in progress]
« Reply #660 on: May 06, 2018, 02:13 AM »
WIll the patched one effect any other snes systems. I got a 2 chip thou and a super nt. Just like to have it on there anyways? He should just put it in the next versions or fix the problem
You don't need it unless you have a 1CHIP, but it won't harm other systems. Since it is a toggleable option, then there's no reason not to have it for if you ever do have a 1CHIP, but otherwise, it's pointless.

If you have a 3CHIP or Super NT, you can still use the combined firmware, but I would leave the option off.

What option do I need to change and where? Super NT here.

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 06, 2018, 03:39 AM »
In Game Settings > 1CHIP Brightness Patch should be Off for the Super NT and 3CHIPs (on for 1CHIPs).

You can leave it on with 3CHIPs and the Super NT as well, and it won't hurt anything. It will just force sudden brightness changes to 0 (so the shadow under the plane in A.S.P. will be ever so slightly darker).
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 06, 2018, 05:00 AM »
In Game Settings > 1CHIP Brightness Patch should be Off for the Super NT and 3CHIPs (on for 1CHIPs).

You can leave it on with 3CHIPs and the Super NT as well, and it won't hurt anything. It will just force sudden brightness changes to 0 (so the shadow under the plane in A.S.P. will be ever so slightly darker).

Hmm okay, I can do that.

Offline mrpopsicleman

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 07, 2018, 04:19 AM »

Is this still an issue if the 1CHIP SNES is modded with Voultar's THS7374 RGB amp?

Offline spray

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 07, 2018, 09:20 AM »
Currently playing Yoshi's Hiland on this and it's very solid so far. It's a romhack where occasionally sprites get replaced with other sprites or move around erratically.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2018, 12:34 AM »
powerslide fix in v10? the demo is a jittery mess. whats fixed? thanks.
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2018, 06:27 AM »

Try pressing the gas.

Offline iwasaperson

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2018, 09:35 PM »

Is this still an issue if the 1CHIP SNES is modded with Voultar's THS7374 RGB amp?
Yes. It is an issue with the S-CPUN's (the 1CHIP's combined CPU/PPU1/PPU2) integrated DAC. Bypassing the RGB circuitry with another one of any kind will not fix the base issue with the DAC. The only thing that can fix it on a hardware level is a replacement S-CPUN, or if there was some way to output digital video from a SNES (which is not possible AFAIK without FPGA chip replacements).
@Syboxez on Discord and some other places as well.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2018, 11:07 PM »
Yes. It is an issue with the S-CPUN's (the 1CHIP's combined CPU/PPU1/PPU2) integrated DAC. Bypassing the RGB circuitry with another one of any kind will not fix the base issue with the DAC. The only thing that can fix it on a hardware level is a replacement S-CPUN, or if there was some way to output digital video from a SNES (which is not possible AFAIK without FPGA chip replacements).
Incidentally, I noticed in the discord that Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill behaves differently with this hack: when you pause, the screen should darken, but with the hack, it turns completely black.

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 09, 2018, 02:05 AM »
Hi, been busy with work but had checked out previous revisions and all were good except I noticed w/ version 10 that I don’t have 1Chip option in my game settings.  I have an early Super Famicom NTSC-J if that matters.  Not that I need the setting but curious it’s not an option in my menu.  Other than that, all is good and big thanks to everyone who is contributing

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 09, 2018, 02:11 AM »
Hi, been busy with work but had checked out previous revisions and all were good except I noticed w/ version 10 that I don’t have 1Chip option in my game settings.  I have an early Super Famicom NTSC-J if that matters.  Not that I need the setting but curious it’s not an option in my menu.  Other than that, all is good and big thanks to everyone who is contributing
The 1chip option is an experimental option ikari_01 is working on. The GSU firmwares that had it were custom compiles by iwasaperson, and weren't from Redguy himself.

iwasaperson did one for v10 (below), but like you said, you don't need it. Not sure why you'd bother. :P
Here is Redguy's v10 with the 1CHIP fix: https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/XdJCPQmR/file.html

Offline EchopleX420247

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 09, 2018, 02:56 AM »
I was just curious.  I thought it was added in to v10 as another feature.  On another note, I think Doom was the only game I couldn’t use the in game hooks.  Again, not a huge deal for me.  I’ve been getting up off my butt for 30 plus years to change games.  Lol

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 09, 2018, 12:39 PM »

Try pressing the gas.
tried all buttons. the screen jitters all over the place. its like the camera angle cant seem to settle down?
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline olsenn

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2018, 06:36 PM »
What exactly is the speed difference between this and a normal Super-FX chip (as a percentage) in both 'Normal' and 'Fast' mode?

Is it the whole cart that runs slower, or just special effects using this chip?

Thanks,

Offline GreenXarrow

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2018, 08:59 PM »
v9+ (unofficial) was the only version that had new "fpga_base.bit" file, v10 does not. should I restore the original "fpga_base.bit" I had before, or leave it? what does it do? thanks