Author Topic: New SD2SNES locking up  (Read 2581 times)

Offline mjmonjure

• View Profile
New SD2SNES locking up
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Has anyone had an issue with SD2SNES locking up after 10-15 minutes of starting up? I purchased one in mid February and it took a while for me to figure it all out, but once I had it configured properly, it worked great. Now it locks up, and its not game specific. Reset to menu does not help, building a different SD card does not help, lowering the firmware version also does not help.

I have tried it on Analogue Super NT, SNES Jr. using RGB (mod), 1Chip-02 using RGB and composite all through both a Framemeister and OSSC directly to TV. I purchased it from krikzz.com and they suggested the firmware downgrade and different SD card, but I tried all that and they have gone silent since.

If anyone has any suggestions on who/where I can get one of these cards repair, that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Alvis

• View Profile
Re: New SD2SNES locking up
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 08:42 AM »
That is totally something that should be covered under your warranty.

If your device stopped working or is not working properly in the period *365 days after the purchase you can send your device to us and it will be fixed for free or replace by new one.

The customer covers expenses for sending the device to us and we cover expenses for sending the device back to the customer.

You're getting no response?

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:07 AM »
https://sd2snes.de/blog/cool-stuff/sd2snes-diagnostics

Read this and try this firmware too. The results of it could be very handy for your problem.

Offline mjmonjure

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:21 AM »
Update - 4/13

I received an email from customer service at krikzz.com this morning. I am to ship my SD2SNES to them for repair or replacement.  I must bear the shipping costs (USA to Ukraine and they suggest tracking).  In the shipping instructions there is a warning about shipping chinese clones.  This seems like a prewritten set of instructions, so I am not going to mention that to open the ticket in the first place, I had to provide my sales order number (or letters as they are).  Will update as to timeline to ship and receive back either my repaired SD2SNES or a replacement.

Update - 4/25

Shippied on 4/16 and received today at Krikzz
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 05:33 AM by mjmonjure »

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 03:52 AM »
Has anyone had an issue with SD2SNES locking up after 10-15 minutes of starting up? I purchased one in mid February and it took a while for me to figure it all out, but once I had it configured properly, it worked great. Now it locks up, and its not game specific. Reset to menu does not help, building a different SD card does not help, lowering the firmware version also does not help.

I have tried it on Analogue Super NT, SNES Jr. using RGB (mod), 1Chip-02 using RGB and composite all through both a Framemeister and OSSC directly to TV. I purchased it from krikzz.com and they suggested the firmware downgrade and different SD card, but I tried all that and they have gone silent since.

If anyone has any suggestions on who/where I can get one of these cards repair, that would be greatly appreciated.
I have nothing to add to the conversation/situation, so a mod just changed what I initially wrote and now I'm on notice. If any of my posts get flagged again for utter bulls**t, I will get banned because the mods are getting tired of getting notifications about my posts and having to read through it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 09:39 AM by goombakid »