Author Topic: Can't get sd2snes to work  (Read 3712 times)

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
Can't get sd2snes to work
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:06 AM »
Get a blank screen and blinking red flashes three and five blinks. Lately, nothing, it won't even blink. Have asked for help with krikzz, but it's slow going over the past few days. I requested a refund.

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
Re: Can't get sd2snes to work
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 09:00 AM »
Got a reply about a repair. I pay shipping to the Ukraine. I already paid for the new item and shipping once. I guess it could have been damaged in shipping? I'm going to request a refund again. I really hope I don't have to fight with this any longer...

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:28 AM »
I had to ship something back to Krikzz for repairs once. Shipping costs from EU to Ukraine weren't that bad, and AFAIK you only have to pay shipping to get it to him.
SD2SNES | EverDrive-GBA X5 Mini | EverDrive-64 v3 | Mega EverDrive X7 | EverDrive-GB X7 | EverDrive N8 NES | Joyzz | PSIO | GDEmu

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 10:35 AM »
It does make sense to give a try to the standard Super Famicom or Super NES console.
The console you're using may have a problem.
It always does make sense to check everything well first and only after that it's reasonable to start to blame anyone.
Very often one can be the reason of the problem but he/she just doesn't know about it and blames the whole world around but not him/herself.

Please send it back to us and you will get a refund immediately.

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 06:57 AM »
That's why I went through downgrading the firmware and changing sd cards and contacting the Super NT guys before wanting a refund. I'm upset that this isn't working and I have to pay $50 to ship a non-working item back. I plugged it in correctly, purchased the correct items to format an sd card, add roms, troubleshoot for a few days. I'm out $50.

I added the right items, plugged it in, and it didn't work. Yeah, I plugged it in wrong. "face palm"

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 12:49 PM »
Please let's see whether anything is wrong with your SD2SNES or not.

Unfortunately very often we have situations like that:
"I received my newly bought product.
I plugged it in my malfunctioning console (or even a clone) and it doesn't work!
Why your such a bad product doesn't work with my beautiful malfunctioning console (or clone)?"

Such situations happen much more frequently than our products have problems.

In any case if you haven't damaged the product we will make a refund.
If it's interesting to you after the diagnostics we will inform you what was the problem.

Thanks for your understanding!

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 12:18 AM »
You obviously don't have a bad product. I obviously have poor judgement to order from somewhere that's set to cater to a more technical crowd. Your support e-mails don't go into much depth when I had a problem, and it frustrated me. You speak much clearer in these forum posts.

Sorry it worked out this way. I should have researched more, but am use to products you get, plug in, and work with little interaction. Yours is a bit more complicated. I shouldn't have ordered it. My fault, my $49.75 shipping back to you.

Yes, please refund me like you said. I have this feeling you will say it works fine when you get it back. :)

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 12:58 AM »
It's still possible that some component of the device failed.
If it's our fault you will get a discount in our store for your postal expenses.

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Ok, the post office says it was received on May 14. So far, no refund, and no response to my messages.

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45 PM »
We have received your SD2SNES and tested it thoroughly.
Your SD2SNES is fully functional. It doesn't have any problems.

Your console has a problem.
To use SD2SNES you need to get a good console.

We have initiated a refund.
In few days your money will be on your account.

Offline jklatimer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 12:39 AM »
I bought another sd2snes from the authorized store in the United States. Works great! Guess my Super NT works after all. Maybe you should re-think your support. Perhaps start at step 1 for us folks that don't know anything about how your product works. But, if it's worked this long for you, maybe I just expect too much. I know I was frustrated.

Well, I'll keep a look out for the refund. I guess that means I won't be getting the $50 store credit, since this was my fault? It would be great if you could send me the $49  Mega EverDrive X3 that I could give to my son. Please consider, and thank you!

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 02:43 AM »
Really strange.

Ok. You can help us to re-think our support.
Could you please make a video (on youtube) how it works with your Super NT? For example Metroid.
Also it would be great if you make photos of both sides of the PCB (we need to see what exactly do you have currently).
For your help we will provide you with the store credit.
Thanks!

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 03:34 PM »
Still don't get it. You load the zip with the firmware, throw it on the SD card, throw a few roms on there too and *poof*, works. With some more stuff added you can even run a few more games, but in theory that's all. Where is the problem in doing this?

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Still don't get it. You load the zip with the firmware, throw it on the SD card, throw a few roms on there too and *poof*, works. With some more stuff added you can even run a few more games, but in theory that's all. Where is the problem in doing this?
It always comes down to someone either
  • not formatting the SD card FAT
  • they're putting the sd2snes files in the root of the directory and not in a folder labeled sd2snes
  • wacky 3rd party mod in the SNES
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:39 PM by OneBagTravel »
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.