Author Topic: Joyzz Availalbe for order!  (Read 42937 times)

Offline James-F

• View Profile
Re: Joyzz Availalbe for order!
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2018, 09:13 PM »
So you feeling any discomfort except visual aspect, may be false reaction on dpad?

No, no false reaction, it is clearly a manufacturing flaw.
For 65$ I think you should take the responsibility and send new d-pads for people who already bought the Joyzz and ask for a fixed d-pad in the 'order history' comment in the Krikzz store.

Yes, I replaced the d-pad from other controller that fixed the problem, but a brand new 65$ controller should have no defects or flaw to be fixed.
Once again, for a new controller that costs 65$ this is a VERY visible defect, playable or not, it should be perfect.

I don't think people would be happy with a twisted d-pad on a new Dualshock 4 controller that costs 50$ either.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:32 PM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline sonicjhn

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 01:44 AM »
I'll just wait to purchase when a rev. B controller with properly alligned D-pad become available.

Offline strygo

• View Profile
Re: Joyzz Available for order!
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 08:07 AM »
I ordered 2 joyzz pads and they finally arrived today. This controller is amazing.

For the last twenty years, every time I pick up a Genesis controller after playing the SNES, the first thing I'm struck by is how flimsy the Sega Genesis controller feels in comparison. The 3 button one feels cheap, and if I didn't know any better, I would guess that it was a third-party knock-off.

So besides the wireless aspect of the joyzz, i was hoping that krikzz would address this flimsiness, and boy has he. The controller feels very sturdy and has the right amount of weight to it. I had no trouble with the performance of the controller and my test was the globe special stages in Sonic 3. Especially the later ones require a high degree of precision on the d-pad and I had no trouble collecting the chaos emeralds.

For people fretting over James' tantrum everywhere, my recommendation would be to take a close look at the picture on the store listing. Both my controllers look exactly like the one pictured. Is it slanted slightly? Maybe? Could I detect any performance issues whatsoever? No, I honestly couldn't.

I'm a big fan. krikzz: please make a wireless Saturn controller.  ;D

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 12:01 AM »
I had no trouble with the performance of the controller and my test was the globe special stages in Sonic 3. Especially the later ones require a high degree of precision on the d-pad and I had no trouble collecting the chaos emeralds.
Try dynamite headdy for a real stress test. On the first level there is a training room where you constantly have to switch between directions and dibjects as possibagonals in order to hit as many ole. This should tell you how accurate the D-Pad is.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline TheNumberEight

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 01:27 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/meezHj0

I was excited to receive the two Joyzz I ordered today. I wanted to post a short review after spending the afternoon using them. There are many things to love about them, but also much to improve in a future version (or with a different contract manufacturer).

Lets start with the good. These controllers feel great. They are they perfect weight and the buttons press/depress perfectly. Many people are quick to point out the misaligned d-pad, but during my testing this didn't affect usability in any way. Inputs were both precise and accurate. While it isn't aesthetically pleasing, it shouldn't be the reason you don't pick up a controller.

Setup was a breeze; the controllers came paired to their receiver out of the box, and the 2.4ghz wireless is amazing. These controllers don't suffer the same interference experienced by my 8bitdo bluetooth controllers.

Where the controller really starts to suffer is with build quality and manufacturing. At the top of this post I included a link to an imgur album ( https://imgur.com/a/meezHj0 ) where you can see what I'm talking about in the following section.

I ordered two controllers, a black and a clear. The black controller feels more solid than the clear one, but it did have a strong adhesive residue around the entire outside of the controller where the two halves meet. I was able to remove the residue with some work, but it was more difficult than I would have expected. The front of the black controller also suffers from some discoloration on the front, especially around buttons. It appears like some sort of solvent was used, perhaps the mold release, that stained and damaged the plastic. All that said, the black controller is far better than the clear one.

The clear controller doesn't suffer the same discoloration that the black one does, but it has its own issues that, at least to me, are worse. First, the controller is not as physically solid as the black one. Squeezing the controller causes it to squeak where the two halves meet, this doesn't happen on the black one which does not flex at all with pressure.

Second, being clear, you can see all the imperfections in the molding process. This will very from controller to controller, but on mine, you can see how the plastic flowed in the button pad area leading to some weird looking effects. You can also see all the extra plastic around where the mold ejection pins were, leading to these circles you can see through the front of the controller.

The worst thing about the clear one is you can see everywhere they messed-up during assembly; on my controller the center screw on the back of the controller broke some of the plastic causing some really terrible looking cracking. I feel the need to stress, I did not open these controllers up, this is how it was delivered to me.

As a final point, the receivers are just okay. They work well, slide into the console beautifully, but don't feel great. The DB9 connector, which I assume the pcb is attached to, floats in the shell to a limited degree. This means you can hold the receiver, and rattle the DB9 around. This isn't a problem for me and I'm totally okay with it, but it bears mentioning.

Overall I like these controllers and don't regret picking them up, but they are expensive and it's important that everyone knows what to expect. I hope that as Krikzz and the CM work through these initial teething issues the Joyzz will only get better.

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 01:41 AM »
So it looks like these perform well, but there are some manufacturing flaws that need to get addressed.   

Yep, if these were only $25 I think most would forgive some of the visible defects, but at $65 they should be pretty much perfect.

With corrected manufacturing quality these could end up being the best Genesis controllers out there.

Offline Assman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 02:39 AM »
For people fretting over James' tantrum everywhere

Don't do that. This is a new product and we need to encourage honest reviews, not discourage them. All he did was point out that a $65 controller shouldn't have such a glaring defect; that's hardly a tantrum.

Try dynamite headdy for a real stress test. On the first level there is a training room where you constantly have to switch between directions and dibjects as possibagonals in order to hit as many ole. This should tell you how accurate the D-Pad is.

This 100%; I can't think of a better D-pad test for the console. Trying to get through that room in the emulated compilation on the 360 really showed me how awful the diagonals were on my Street Fighter IV Fightpad.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 03:01 AM »
You can also see all the extra plastic around where the mold ejection pins were, leading to these circles you can see through the front of the controller.
In any product with transparent shells you will always see those circles, they are inevitable.

on my controller the center screw on the back of the controller broke some of the plastic causing some really terrible looking cracking.
Something similar ocurred with the transparent red shell of the Everdrive 64 v3.0, the screws ended up stressing and cracking/breaking the screw holes. I guess the clear plastic is weaker than the opaque.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Avlon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 03:38 AM »
I received my controller today and after testing it, it does have one issue. The right on the dpad feels really mushy as if the rubber piece underneath is either  misaligned or bad.  Other than that, the finish, molding, feel of the plastic, connectivity, and response are all great. The slightly added weight over something like the GN6 actually feels good.

Still, the right diagonal is a pretty important piece to have an issue with. Pulling off shoryukens and Axel's Grand Upper worked, but not as consistent as they should have been due to the mushiness.

I will most likely request an exchange. For $65 (plus shipping) I prefer to be 100% happy and not have to open up the controller to exchange parts.

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Paint rubs off after few presses.
The Original and even the Hyperkin have much higher quality paint and does not rub off.

Cracked plastic, adhesive residue, twisted d-pad, paint rubbing off...
Functionality is still great but cosmetics and attention to detail is poor.

I think Krikzz rushed this release, hopefully he fixes the issues with the Joyzz in the next batch.

*D-pad from Hyperkin GN6.

A few more rubs,,, Start is gone.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 04:11 PM by James-F »
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline TheNumberEight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 03:01 PM »
You can also see all the extra plastic around where the mold ejection pins were, leading to these circles you can see through the front of the controller.
In any product with transparent shells you will always see those circles, they are inevitable.

You're absolutely correct about that, but in this case it's a little worse. Stress around those points caused the plastic to turn white making certain ones very noticeable. Again, this is purely cosmetic, but should be pointed out.

You can see examples in the attached album:
https://imgur.com/a/I9DgqPZ

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 04:19 PM »
I think Krikzz rushed this release, hopefully he fixes the issues with the Joyzz in the next batch.

Well, actually it was longest of all my projects. Works were started back in 2016 year. But it was completely new experience, it was my first touch to wireless technologies and mold for controller is damn complex.  Was bit scary to release new product, to be honest, i still remember days when first everdrive were released and those bunch of unexpected flaws which were discovered shortly after it was been arrived to customers.  But i working over fixing flaws. I will send new dpads to our customers when they will be manufactured.

Offline hex12

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 07:41 PM »
Krikzz, to receive new fixed dpads, for us that ordered the one with the defect, we must request in the order form of original order, with Q&A section, or you will do in automatic way without any request from us?

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18 AM »
Paint rubs off after few presses.
The Original and even the Hyperkin have much higher quality paint and does not rub off.

Cracked plastic, adhesive residue, twisted d-pad, paint rubbing off...
Functionality is still great but cosmetics and attention to detail is poor.

*D-pad from Hyperkin GN6.

A few more rubs,,, Start is gone.

OK, yeah that is inexcusable.  For $65 the quality should be up to snuff.  Hopefully Krikzz gets things worked out.  I'm still interested, but will wait until manufacturing is up to higher standards.

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 05:51 AM »
I'm a big fan. krikzz: please make a wireless Saturn controller.  ;D

8bitdo is already working on one of those and from what I've heard its practically near release so krikzz has pretty much been beaten to the punch on that front, which is all the more reason we should hope he takes James F's criticism's seriously and gets this d-pad issue sorted out ASAP as in we don't want our little yellow crooked smiley faced buddy to get discouraged from continuing the new controller creating endeavor.  :P

As I mean if krikzz Sega Genesis controller is successful perhaps he'll make some PS1/PS2 wireless controllers to finally give the PS1 wireless functionality and also finally give the PS2 another good wireless solution to use besides the wireless Logitech controllers for it.

I leave out mentioning the official or (third party?) other/Sony branded wireless PS2 controllers because I bought two of them and the rubber on the controllers was all nasty and gummy and I did not want to play with them as a result.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.