Author Topic: Joyzz Availalbe for order!  (Read 42968 times)

Offline Thomu

• View Profile
Re: Joyzz Available for order!
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2018, 11:37 AM »
I'm a big fan. krikzz: please make a wireless Saturn controller.  ;D

8bitdo is already working on one of those and from what I've heard its practically near release so krikzz has pretty much been beaten to the punch on that front, which is all the more reason we should hope he takes James F's criticism's seriously and gets this d-pad issue sorted out ASAP as in we don't want our little yellow crooked smiley faced buddy to get discouraged from continuing the new controller creating endeavor.  :P
Are you sure you´re not confusing 8bitdo with retro-bit? All i can find about an 8bitdo sega saturn controller is this year's april fools joke.
Own:EDN8PRO|EDN8|SD2SNESPRO(x2)|SD2SNES|MEDV2(x2)|MasterEDX7|EDGGX7|EDGBX7|EDGBAX5(x2)|ED64X7|ED64V3|ED64V2.5|PSIO(x2)|GDEMU|USBGDROM|Phoebe(x2)|GCLoader(x3)|WaspFusion(x3)|NGPSD(x2)|LynxSD|JagSD|EDGB|Flashboy+|SSDS3|NeoSDPro|MegaSD|EZFlashOmega(x3)
Ordered:MEDPRO|EDGBAX5Mini|HF32|LynxGD
To buy:MB32

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Joyzz Availalbe for order!
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 03:00 AM »
Krikzz, to receive new fixed dpads, for us that ordered the one with the defect, we must request in the order form of original order, with Q&A section, or you will do in automatic way without any request from us?
We will send it by request via  Q&A section

Offline davy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 12:52 AM »
Will any EU reseller start selling Joyzz in the near future?

(Sweden recently introduced some changes to it's postal system that makes it a PITA to import packages from non-EU countries, so I like to avoid that hassle if possible.)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Will any EU reseller start selling Joyzz in the near future?

(Sweden recently introduced some changes to it's postal system that makes it a PITA to import packages from non-EU countries, so I like to avoid that hassle if possible.)

Can't say, resellers do not inform about their plans. But i think they will sell joyzz

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
Re: Joyzz Available for order!
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2018, 01:48 AM »
I'm a big fan. krikzz: please make a wireless Saturn controller.  ;D

8bitdo is already working on one of those and from what I've heard its practically near release so krikzz has pretty much been beaten to the punch on that front, which is all the more reason we should hope he takes James F's criticism's seriously and gets this d-pad issue sorted out ASAP as in we don't want our little yellow crooked smiley faced buddy to get discouraged from continuing the new controller creating endeavor.  :P
Are you sure you´re not confusing 8bitdo with retro-bit? All i can find about an 8bitdo sega saturn controller is this year's april fools joke.

Sorry about that.

Looks like I got had. 

Though I almost could've swore I saw it listed on the amazon website for pre-order at one point.  :P

Anyway before I go speaking of April Fool's jokes/pranks I literally thought krikzz joyz project was one of them when I saw them on his store page, I was like whaaat? See, I didn't believe it at first because I think of krikzz as the Everdrive guy exclusively, not a dude that would be selling us videogame controllers at any point, though its cool that he is now and thus expanding his operation in such ways.  8)
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Podmax

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 01:40 AM »
So I got my controller yesterday and put in a little bit of time with it last night. I purchased the clear one.

My initial impressions are that the controller feels good in the hand. I did notice that the plastic seal on the left hand side isn't as snug fit as the rest of the controller so if you pinch the controller between your index and thumb it squeaks a little. This doesnt occur while holding the controller in the way that you would if you were playing a game.

The receiver does seem a little loose in its housing as if you shake it there is a little give, causing it to rattle. This doesnt effect its functionality whatsoever. It plugs in nicely, no death grip. Synced right away and never dropped signal.

The buttons feel excellent!

Ok so after playing xGranadax and a personal favorite, Fatal Rewind, the D-pad being slightly angled is noticable to me. While it didn't effect gameplay, I found my thumb pressing on the upper corner of the right direction.

Since fatal rewind is an amiga port pressing up on the dpad  makes your character jump. At no point in the game did I have any weird button presses due to the slight angle.

While it didn't effect my button presses, I will be replacing my dpad.

Hopefully I can put some more use to it later and update with more play time. Just thought I'd give my first impressions.

Offline richpimp

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 05:06 AM »
I've been a longtime lurker on these boards and I, as I'm sure most of you do, own several everdrives. I've spent a number of years looking for good wireless gamepad solutions for classic consoles, first using official IR controllers (not recommended), to using Logitech wireless PS2 controllers via a SNES/Genesis to PS2 adapter from Tototek, which worked surprisingly well, and finally to using 8bitdo's excellent bluetooth controllers and retro receivers. After so many years of having at best adequate 3rd party controllers for classic systems, I was blown away by the build quality of the 8bitdo controllers, and having the ability to use them on real hardware was amazing. However, I have been wanting a Sega 6 button recreation (Genesis or Saturn), seeing as how the d-pad and 6 button layout are unparalleled for fighting games, of which I am a huge fan. Unfortunately, 8bitdo seems to be firmly in the camp of Nintendo only, so I needed to find an alternative. I saw the Joyzz was available and scooped one up right away, and here are my impressions of it.

It is one of the best, if not the best, 3rd party Genesis 6 button controllers I've ever used. As noted from other posts, there is an issue with the d-pad being off center, but it is only an aesthetic issue and does not affect gameplay at all. The shell is of a very similar quality to the original controller (I have the black version), and the travel of the buttons feels very good. In fact, I cannot notice much, if any, difference in the button feel as compared to the real pad. Back to the d-pad, it is very responsive and better than any of the alternatives I've tried, but I will say that there has never been a perfect 1 for 1 replica of the original d-pad. There's a texture to the d-pad and a smoothness to the travel that no 3rd party pad has ever reproduced, including this one. Again, though, compared to all the others, this is still the best I've used next to the original. For reference, it feels more like the Genesis 3 button d-pad to me than the 6 button.

The controller is super responsive, and I would even subjectively say that it's even more responsive than 8bitdo's offerings. I can always detect a tiny delay on the 8bitdo controllers, particularly when playing Street Fighter 2 Turbo, but I cannot detect any lag with this one in Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition. So far the connection has been rock solid and if the battery life is even half of what is advertised, then it is still one of the longest lasting controllers on the market, rivaled probably only by the Gamecube Wavebird or Wii U Pro Controller (both have excellent battery life).

Now, the best part, is that all the internals (d-pad, buttons and rubber pads) can be replaced with real Genesis 6 button parts. In fact, if you were willing to shave off the center standoff from the backplate, then you could even use the real controller shell, as the usb port will actually fit the square opening where the controller cable comes out, leaving just a tiny bit of open space around the port. So, of course, I replaced everything with genuine parts and now I have the definitive wireless 6 button Genesis controller! Perfect d-pad, perfect feel, perfect everything.

So, if you're on the fence, have confidence that you're getting a great controller. It's a bit pricey and there's obviously a few kinks to work out, so you may want to wait, but you're still getting a quality product if you pull the trigger now. If you have any authentic 6 button pads lying around, it is super easy to open the controllers and swap out the internals, which will give you as close to an official controller as possible.

Kudos to Krikzz for all the great products you've put out over the years!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:10 AM by richpimp »

Offline chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Just got mine and I'm not impressed with the d-pad.

Pushing left on d-pad is really squishy. Up, down and right seem ok, there's a solid click feeling when you push. Not so when pushing left :(

Had a go at actually playing something with it and it's ok, have to push a bit harder on the left though. It even works on the C64!

Edit: I see that there's a known issue with the d-pad and replacements can be requested. Is this likely to fix my spongy left direction issue?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:48 PM by chromium »

Offline Sonic68710

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 04:14 PM »
I see that there's a known issue with the d-pad and replacements can be requested. Is this likely to fix my spongy left direction issue?

Mine had the same feeling.  When I took it apart it had a clear defect on the part that makes contact with the pads.  I replaced it with a hyperkin d-pad like another poster suggested.  Works great now.  I just requested a replacement and will use the hyperkin d-pad in it until it arrives.

Offline ganonderp

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Thank you Krikzz, you are a legend.  Although, I have to admit...reading some of these comments makes me  :o

Thanks for being upfront about the dpad issue and sending out replacements, I wouldn't have noticed it if I'm honest!

For such a high quality product that's never been done before it's amazing some people don't understand or appreciate your efforts.

Thank you and keep it up!

;D

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 01:18 AM »
I expect to take new dpads in 4 weeks. I hope there will not delays on deliver or manufacturing. Keeping fingers crossed (:

Offline hex12

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 01:41 AM »
Mine arrived today and i checked for the dpad defect and found i am affected, same defect of users above. So i asked in Q&A for free shipment of another joyzz without defect. Awaiting for news from you. Let's hope you can have next batch without the defect and can resend to substitute the defect one.

Offline brandorf

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Sorry, I'm new to these forums, but my controller is also affected.  Could someone please direct me to where I can request a replacement D-pad?

Offline hex12

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 01:01 AM »
i saw joyz are again available. Are they without the defective dpad?

Offline Odin Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 03:24 PM »
i saw joyz are again available. Are they without the defective dpad?

That's what I want to know?