Author Topic: Joyzz Availalbe for order!  (Read 43144 times)

Offline Riptide666

• View Profile
Re: Joyzz Availalbe for order!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2018, 12:47 AM »
Thanks Terminator2k2, I'm in the UK as well so hopefully replacements will arrive soon.

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2018, 04:18 AM »
I got my joyzz today from stone age gamer. Works great!

A feature request, if it is possible in firmware update: to assign x y z buttons as turbo for a b c buttons when the controller is in 3-button or sms mode.

Offline DMon

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 02:09 AM »
I received my replacement d-pad kit today (in the USA). Installation was easy, though pushing in the small plate that holds the d-pad required more force than expected. Thankfully I don't think I'll never need to take it apart again since the d-pad feels much better now. I'm looking forward to trying it out later today.

...(sometime later)...I tried it, it works great.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:53 AM by DMon »

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 09:45 PM »
A feature request, if it is possible in firmware update: to assign x y z buttons as turbo for a b c buttons when the controller is in 3-button or sms mode.
Having this feature would be nice.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2018, 11:06 PM »
I was about an hour into playing Final Fight and started to have bad controller lag (get stuck walking the same direction, punches not registering, etc) and random disconnect (red LED on joyzz receiver would light up for a few seconds). Controller was fully charged before the game. Nobody was using a microwave oven in my house.

Anybody had the same problem?

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2018, 03:08 AM »
Received my Joyzz controller.   It works great and feels great.   

Though, I have some minor complaints that I think Krikzz should consider looking into. 

- Weird sticky residue on the bottom edges of controller.  Came off with rubbing alcohol, but kinda weird it was there.

- Krikzz and Start button logo finish is too weak.  You can easily rub them off with your thumb. 

Hopefully, these things can get sorted out down the road.  At $65 + Shipping there should be no issues like that.   

Offline James-F

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2018, 09:01 AM »
I have received my new d-pad, it's much better.

This is a great controller, works perfectly in every aspect.
As I said in my first review, this is my main Genesis controller now, it is excellent.
Mega Everdrive x5, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, N8 Pro, SD2SNES, Joyzz.

Offline Excalibur007

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48 PM »
I received mine (black version) several days ago and it feels like very nice quality, but I have a couple of concerns:

- There seems to be no LED on this version so I cannot see its status.
 - It came in a nice box, but did not include instructions.  There should really be a small instruction sheet about how to use its different modes.

Also of note:
 - It only partly works with the AtGames Genesis Flashback HD.  It seems to work great at first, but the directions get stuck in game.  So, it ends up holding left or right, etc.  This seems to correct itself after certain button combinations.  I don't blame the controller for this though... more likely an issue with the emulator (or possibly a conflict with the already wireless function of the console itself).

- It works great with my Atari 2600 and 7800 (with a Genesis-to-7800 Adapter I made), so I would assume it works great with the C-64, Amiga, etc.

Receiver indication:

1. Constant led shining: Controller is not connected.
2. Led turned off: Controller connected
3. Slow light pulsation: Low battery level
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:25 AM by Excalibur007 »

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 08, 2018, 10:44 PM »
It only partly works with the AtGames Genesis Flashback HD.  It seems to work great at first, but the directions get stuck in game.  So, it ends up holding left or right, etc.  This seems to correct itself after certain button combinations.  I don't blame the controller for this though... more likely an issue with the emulator (or possibly a conflict with the already wireless function of the console itself).

I have had the same problem on a real genesis (read a few posts up). Hopefully it's not an ongoing issue...

Offline stlpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2018, 10:47 PM »
There seems to be no LED on this version so I cannot see its status.[/b]

Note the LED described is on the receiver, not the controller.

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2018, 10:53 PM »
Krikzz, is there any way you can do another button option for two button 7800 games?    To get two button 7800 games to work on an original Genesis controller you have to rewire the Genesis cables, but perhaps with Joyzz you can achieve this via software.

Offline Excalibur007

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2018, 12:23 AM »

Ah, thanks!

Krikzz, is there any way you can do another button option for two button 7800 games?    To get two button 7800 games to work on an original Genesis controller you have to rewire the Genesis cables, but perhaps with Joyzz you can achieve this via software.

I use a Genesis-to-7800 adapter that I made years ago and it works great.  (I just added that note to my earlier post to avoid confusion).  This adapter also works with the Colecovision, since the Coleco uses the same 2nd button wiring/resistor as the 7800.  Although a software solution would be great also.

Offline BRNexus

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2018, 01:40 AM »

Ah, thanks!

I use a Genesis-to-7800 adapter that I made years ago and it works great.  (I just added that note to my earlier post to avoid confusion).  This adapter also works with the Colecovision, since the Coleco uses the same 2nd button wiring/resistor as the 7800.  Although a software solution would be great also.

Well there is this adapter for $25 I might pick up. 

https://edladdin.com/Seagull-78-Controller-Adapter-ec-2-001.htm

Offline Excalibur007

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2018, 03:05 AM »
Well there is this adapter for $25 I might pick up. 

https://edladdin.com/Seagull-78-Controller-Adapter-ec-2-001.htm

Yes, that should work just fine.

Offline chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2018, 11:05 AM »
Got my replacement d-pad today (Australia)

Installed it a few minutes ago, it feels so much better now.

Thanks Krikzz for the great product and support :)