Author Topic: New EZ Omega is better than X5?  (Read 19843 times)

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
New EZ Omega is better than X5?
« on: April 25, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Month ago was released new flashcart form EZ, im wondering its better than x5? Any one have it?  :D

I found some info about that:

http://www.ezflash.cn/omega.html

https://youtu.be/2UqYTI5VKMA
GB X5/Smart Card 64M/GBA X5/N8 Famicom/Krzysiocart(Polish flashcart)/Super Ufo 8/ SD2SNES(E.1)/ED64-v2.5/ED MD v3.0/Supercard DSTWO/ Sky3DS+/And packs of R4 in variations, as well as Ackeards too.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Re: New EZ Omega is better than X5?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 01:37 PM »
I don't believe it as an RTC feature... so its one step backwards.

Edit: I was thinking of the Ez-Flash Reform.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:08 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 01:40 PM »
http://www.ezflash.cn/ez-flash-omega-announced/

Then again this does indicate it has a real time clock...

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 01:40 PM »
I don't believe it as an RTC feature... so its one step backwards.

Well someone showing this function on movie: https://youtu.be/HmnRUL61QxI
GB X5/Smart Card 64M/GBA X5/N8 Famicom/Krzysiocart(Polish flashcart)/Super Ufo 8/ SD2SNES(E.1)/ED64-v2.5/ED MD v3.0/Supercard DSTWO/ Sky3DS+/And packs of R4 in variations, as well as Ackeards too.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 01:44 PM »
They sound virtually equal then... Other than changeable case sizes...

The only thing that would get me to buy a new GBA flash cart though is extra features like maybe rumble pack support, solar support, and motion control, compatiblity for GBA/DS game links (all types of linking between GBA and DS carts used over the course of DS release history). Also I want save states.

However, I own all the weird GBA carts that have motion, solar, or rumble already.

I'd be especially happy if the rumble worked with DS Rumble compatible games.

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 01:47 PM »
They sound virtually equal then... Other than changeable case sizes...

The only thing that would get me to buy a new GBA flash cart though is extra features like maybe rumble pack support, solar support, and motion control, compatiblity for GBA/DS game links (all types of linking between GBA and DS carts used over the course of DS release history). Also I want save states.

However, I own all the weird GBA carts that have motion, solar, or rumble already.

I'd be especially happy if the rumble worked with DS Rumble compatible games.

Ok, thanks for comment!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Case build on the EZ Flash looks pretty cheap though... not durable.

Here is the DS/GBA connectivity I was referring too... This is a must buy feature for me if someone includes it...

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_games_with_GBA_connectivity

Someone mentions that Omega has a higher battery drain... draining 1-2 hours faster than a regular cart.

EDGBA has almost same battery drain as a regular cart as far as I can tell...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:53 PM by Galron »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 01:55 PM »
Ok the reviewer claims that Omega has save state options! That sounds like something that might interest me...

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Ok the reviewer claims that Omega has save state options! That sounds like something that might interest me...

My friends will have it on may, we will see what is it. Im looking smth for ds lite, compact size shell is awesome, and important for me. ED looking awful with ds lite...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 04:45 PM by overtrash »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 04:58 PM »
TO be honest anything specifically designed for DS Lite to me should also come with rumble feature for DS games... But unfortunately that gets overlooked..

I would love to see the original EZ Flash V/ 3in1 get a redesign, and brought back.

NORFLASH
DIRECT BOOT
Launch game, if game was written by WRITE TO NOR ADDON, it will equal BOOT WITH ADDON
DELETE
Select the last game in the list and choose this option will delete the game from NORFLASH, otherwise a warning will be occurred.
FORMAT
Erase the whole NORFLASH completely. it will cost 4 minutes to be done. use it with caution. DO NOT TURN OFF THE CONSOLE POWER WHEN FORMATTING, IT WILL DAMAGE THE NORFLASH.

I theory Direct Boot sounds like the feature that original 3in1 had, which could be allowed to have a single game in memory to load up bypassing the flashcart's main menu. It also allowed GBA/DS connectivity for at least some games....

Found a good detailed review:

https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.765/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:13 PM by Galron »

Offline overtrash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 05:29 PM »

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Features that the Omega has over the X5:
Savestates
Cheats
reset-to-menu function
a global RTC that actually works with mltiple games
so small, it can even sit flush in a DS-Lite

Features the X5 has over the Omega:
lower power drain
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:49 PM by Localhorst86 »

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 05:38 PM »
That sounds about right...

Maybe add that X5 has more durable plastic shell, apparently not as 'tight'.

It sounds interesting... even if the Save States apparently isn't perfect....

Can you confirm if the "direct boot" is similar to the one that was on the 3in1/EZ-F V combo? Or am I reading that wrong, or reading too much into it?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41 PM »

Found a good detailed review:

https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.765/

Thanks, and what are you think?

I'm strongly thinking about buying one, if I can get confirmation on Direct Boot functioning like the old 3in1... I want something that at least allow me to unlock extras in my DS games through connectivity. Sounds like not worth it for emulation, same problems as Goomba emulator on x5, and save states may not be worth it, unless updates can improve it.

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Can you confirm if the "direct boot" is similar to the one that was on the 3in1/EZ-F V combo? Or am I reading that wrong, or reading too much into it?
You're probably reading the wrong feature into it. There is no way to have a single game in memory, the card will always have to go trough the menu.

The shell of the Omega has a decent quality, it's a lot more sturdy than the old EZ-Flash IV shell - but it's a tight fit inside a GBA SP in particular (Gameboy Micro and a regular GBA seem to be less of an issues in this regard) But then again, for me flashcards are a kind of cartridge that pretty much stay inside the system all the time.

That said, I don't have an EDGBA to compare it to in terms of build quality, but judging from my EDGB and ED64 the build quality of the X5 should be higher

EDIT: I wonder of Krikzz is now considering an EDGBA X7 with similar features and smaller size.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:56 PM by Localhorst86 »