Author Topic: Can MegaEverDrive x3 make a game believe it is run on a different TV system?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline rpuch

• View Profile
Hi everyone.

I'm a newbie on this field, so I am probably not using the correct terms, I will try to explain what I mean.

I have a console that is called 'SEGA Retro Genesis HD Ultra'; basically, it is a slightly renewed Sega Genesis, they added HDMI output and hardcoded 50 games playable without a cartridge. The important thing is that this console seems to be locked to US region or to NTSC/US system (at least Europe-only ROMs refuse to run on it).

There is a game, Worms, that, when run (via MegaEverDrive x3) on this console, refuses to proceed and just complains that it is only compatible with PAL.

All the ROMs of this game that I could find are marked as (E) (I suppose this means Europe) and all of them require SECAM.

I tried to change TV system in game 'options' while launching (in MegaEverDrive shell), but nothing worked.

So the question is: is MegaEverDrive able to make a game believe it is running on a different TV system/region (for example, make Worms think my console is SECAM)? If not, is there any way to make such a game work (arapt from finding a US ROM, if it exists, and changing the console to a PAL-capable one)?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:39 PM by rpuch »

Offline J-E

• View Profile
well the correct question is does the megaeverdrive acts as a universal adapter in order to run PAL games on NTSC genesis?
and the answer is yes, but mayby you need to found the accurate option when you push the c button (?) in order to enter the right menu.

Offline rpuch

• View Profile
It turned out (thanks so much to a member of this forum who helped me via a personal message, so I don't name them) that a Game Genie code allows to bypass the region protection.

Offline keeper7

• View Profile
It turned out (thanks so much to a member of this forum who helped me via a personal message, so I don't name them) that a Game Genie code allows to bypass the region protection.

You're welcome!

--

Worms (E) [!] (GoodGen V321)
Worms (Europe) (No Intro)

Region Detection Bypass
A5EA-YA78