Author Topic: sa1 support [work in progress]  (Read 63428 times)

Offline Deano

• View Profile
Re: sa1 support [work in progress]
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2018, 03:27 PM »
Hey all , I Have the UK Cartridge of the SD2 SNES , I have downloaded the Beta firmware for the SA1 enhanced music games but when I got into 'Unplayable Chip Games' Directory it opens with nothing apart from ../ , Any help would be Awesome thanks

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02 PM »
when I got into 'Unplayable Chip Games' Directory it opens with nothing apart from ../

What is the file extension of the files in that folder?

Offline Deano

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2018, 04:11 PM »
Basically I scroll down to 'Unplayable Chip Games' , Press button and go inside the folder but it just appears with ../

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Well that can mean a couple of things. Either there's nothing in the folder, or the SD2SNES isn't recognising the files because of their file extensions.

Put the SD card into your computer and check if there's actually something in the folder, and if there is they have to be either .smc or .sfc files for the SD2SNES to be able to read them. If they're ZIP archives then they have to be unzipped.

Offline Deano

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Yeah The folder its self is empty , This is how I received the sd card , Can i download the necessary files at all and put them in the folder ?

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Yes.  You need to download the game ROM files and load them on the SD card yourself.  The SD2SNES does not come packaged with ROM files.  Doing so would bring the back-hand of Nintendo's legal team on their ass so fast they'd taste the soap they used to wash their hands.

Offline Deano

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2018, 05:40 PM »
I have all the roms but i need to tell the sd2 snes that i want to change to the SA1 chipset so that i can play them but i cant as the option is not in the folder .

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Special chip cores are loaded on-demand. If you load a SuperFX game, the SuperFX core is loaded automatically. Same with SA-1. If you load an SA-1 game, the SA-1 core is loaded automatically. You don't need to specify it anywhere in menus.

Offline Deano

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2018, 06:45 PM »
Nice one mate , Thanks so much for letting me know , I saw a vid on youtube where the fella had to select an SA1 option but its was the USA version .

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2018, 07:13 PM »
Well I'm glad THAT'S all sorted...  :o
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Gumball

• Gumball Bunny
  • Heavy Metal Rabbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2018, 07:35 PM »
does anyone know if work is being done on fixing kirby super stars graphical glitches? They arent that bad and the game is totally playable I was just wondering.
All I wanna do is shred.

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2018, 07:35 PM »
Is S-DD1 going to be in the official build, no pre-releases?  Been waiting for an update on that although it is just for two games.

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2018, 08:09 AM »
Is S-DD1 going to be in the official build, no pre-releases?  Been waiting for an update on that although it is just for two games.
Don't count on it.
does anyone know if work is being done on fixing kirby super stars graphical glitches? They arent that bad and the game is totally playable I was just wondering.
It happens on a real Kirby Super Star cart too, although less bad and less often, so it's not the game. IIRC, it has to do with SD2SNES and PPU timings or something of that nature and the revision of the console(?). Super Mario World, Star Ocean, and Chrono Trigger, exhibit similar problems. Ikari_01 and Redguy did mention a fix for it, but I don't remember what the progress of that was. In the mean time, if it's that bad, just reset the console and may go away. Multiple resets work best, from what I've heard.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:21 AM by Missingno255 »
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline rocketblast

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 28, 2018, 01:34 AM »
Don't count on it.
It happens on a real Kirby Super Star cart too, although less bad and less often, so it's not the game. IIRC, it has to do with SD2SNES and PPU timings or something of that nature and the revision of the console(?). Super Mario World, Star Ocean, and Chrono Trigger, exhibit similar problems. Ikari_01 and Redguy did mention a fix for it, but I don't remember what the progress of that was. In the mean time, if it's that bad, just reset the console and may go away. Multiple resets work best, from what I've heard.

S-DD1 games can be patched to no longer need the chip, so it's kind of moot.

When did Street Fighter Alpha 2 suddenly get patched?

Offline galvatron1983

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 28, 2018, 11:30 AM »
I know SF Alpha 2 can run in emulators that dont properly support the SDD1 by using a version of the game thats been patched so all the graphics data is de-compressed, bypassing the need for the SDD1. I dont think that patched version works on a real SNES via a flashcart though? So I dont think its moot.