Author Topic: With SA-1 Games now playable..  (Read 18656 times)

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
Re: With SA-1 Games now playable..
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Oh snap!  :o

Heh heh well if thats the case Smoke I'll have to figure out someother way to help the community out with my cash, though I've already got a good idea for that ie possibly adding to an existing bounty to get the last worthwhile SNES chip up and running so we can all play arguably the last two worthwhile games people would even want to play on the SNES by way of the SD2SNES which of course are Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Star Ocean.

Yeah I know Star Ocean has an excellent english rom hack that allows it to play on SD2SNES without the  S-DD1 chip being reverse engineered and others have pointed out there's far superior means and ways to play Street Fighter Alpha 2 likely referring to the PS2 and MAME arcade perfect versions when they say that but I can't help but think it'd be very cool to be able to have nearly the entire Street Fighter 2 retro collection that was available on the SNES to play on the SNES via the SD2SNES.  8)

Anyway I know redguy doesn't want or take donations for himself but if I were to add say $200 to I think another's existing $300 bounty for someone, anyone (redguy hopefully?) to eventually get the S-DD1 up and running well then redguy or whoever takes on the challenge can just have us donate the money to whatever charity he/they prefer when if ever the time comes.

I dunno after all of redguy's great work thus far I'd personally consider the SD2SNES basically finished after someone implements the S-DD1 chip as again those two games are arguably the last two games anyone actually cares about.

The rest of the unplayable games are all basically obscure puzzle games right?

Well anyway I'll PM you around the 21st when I get my money and see if ol Vitor needs me to finish paying for his SD2SNES or not. I shall come through don't worry.  8)
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Kobras

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 12:40 AM »

GSU and SA1 are for sure the two chip the sd2snes community was waiting for the most, but in addition to the S-DD1 for Star Ocean and SFZ2, don't forget the SPC7110 for Far east of Eden zero which have an english translation.
Maybe owners of the superscope are looking for the support of OBC-1 for Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
But i don't think anybody really want the support of S-RTC (Daikaijuu Monogatari II, a non translated RPG) or the ST chips série (Exhaust Heat 2 : Driver no Kiseki / F1 Roc 2 : Race of Champions and 2 shogi games)

Offline phoenixdownita

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 07:20 AM »

GSU and SA1 are for sure the two chip the sd2snes community was waiting for the most, but in addition to the S-DD1 for Star Ocean and SFZ2, don't forget the SPC7110 for Far east of Eden zero which have an english translation.
Maybe owners of the superscope are looking for the support of OBC-1 for Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
But i don't think anybody really want the support of S-RTC (Daikaijuu Monogatari II, a non translated RPG) or the ST chips série (Exhaust Heat 2 : Driver no Kiseki / F1 Roc 2 : Race of Champions and 2 shogi games)
OBC-1 works already, I believe S-RTC does too, the ST-010 works as well (ST-011 and ST-018 do not, each plays 1 game of japanese chess).
So we're down to S-DD1 and SPC7110 really at 1 relevant game each ... Ikari stated that if the English translation of Far East of Eden Zero came out he would consider doing the job for the SPC7110 (we've not heard about it since).
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:23 AM by phoenixdownita »

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 07:44 AM »

OBC-1 works already, I believe S-RTC does too, the ST-010 works as well (ST-011 and ST-018 do not, each plays 1 game of japanese chess).
So we're down to S-DD1 and SPC7110 really at 1 relevant game each ... Ikari stated that if the English translation of Far East of Eden Zero came out he would consider doing the job for the SPC7110 (we've not heard about it since).

As per smokemonster's twitter, there are already 2 different hackers working on sdd-1 and spc7110, sdd-1 being kind of useless as star ocean is already playable with a patch, and sfa2 is a bad port of a game that can be played on many other easy to find and cheap platforms. Both daikaiju monogatari games already work.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Vitor addresses the possibility of using SA-1 to eliminate slowdown in games like Super R Type in my new article 8)
This is awesome, nice write up SM!
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Just added a few more ;)

Offline akzkaj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2018, 03:06 PM »
Just added a few more ;)

Thanks for updating Github EverDrive-Pack to  :)

Offline Kobras

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 05:00 PM »
sdd-1 being kind of useless as star ocean is already playable with a patch
Yes, but is it possible to apply a translation to the patched rom ?
Or maybe apply the patch to a translated rom ?
I don't think it is possible, but I don't try yet.
If it is impossible, the S-DD1 compatibility can be usefull for non english peoples  ;)

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 04:38 AM »
I would say that at this point, whenever redguy/ikari are satisfied to release an official firmware, that the SD2SNES is basically fully compatible.  Similar to how the Mega-Everdrive runs practically everything short of Virtua Racing.

Offline goldenband

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 06:32 AM »
(Daikaijuu Monogatari II, a non translated RPG)

A translation patch has been completed and is in beta testing now.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 06:34 AM by goldenband »
Have EverDrives: N8 (Famicom), Master ED, Turbo ED, ED MD, Super ED, ED 64, ED-GB, ED-GG, ED-GBA X5

Other flashcarts & multicarts: Harmony (Atari 2600), Cuttle Cart 3 (Intellivision), 233-in-1 (Odyssey^2), 72-in-1 (Vectrex), LynxSD (Atari Lynx), SD2SNES

Offline Hempsa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 04:12 PM »

I finally tested Far east of Eden Zero translation this summer and just loved it. Hopefully one day it will be playable with sd2snes, instead of my laptop  ;D

Offline ErivandoXP

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 04:44 PM »

I finally tested Far east of Eden Zero translation this summer and just loved it. Hopefully one day it will be playable with sd2snes, instead of my laptop  ;D

Did you play in which language?

PS: If it is in English it is possible to play in SD2SNES through this version https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/614/

Offline Hempsa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 07:03 PM »

Did you play in which language?

PS: If it is in English it is possible to play in SD2SNES through this version https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/614/

Good to know, I haven't played Star Ocean yet. But I was talking about Far East of Eden Zero :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:07 PM by Hempsa »

Offline Odin Belmont

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Older themes don't work on 1.8.0. 

Any idea when you'll have new themes for new version smoke?

Cheers

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2018, 12:18 AM »
I'm going to remake all of my themes once the next official FW comes out. Since it will take like a day to do, and I'd have to re-do them all when the SA-1 core gets integrated anyways.