Author Topic: 1.8.0. bug: Save games lost 1.8.0 on IGR  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Monkey

• View Profile
1.8.0. bug: Save games lost 1.8.0 on IGR
« on: August 04, 2018, 04:51 PM »
I lost my Parallel Worlds save a while back.  I used cheats to power back to the point I was at before.  On completing the game post credits I used IGR to reboot the game and the save was gone.  The good news is I'd finished the game.  I tested again and IGR in the hack and Zelda are lost with IGR.  I've a PAL 1 Chip SNES with SuperCRC mod.  I will back up my saves and try with other games and report back.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:54 PM by Monkey »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Re: 1.8.0. bug: Save games lost 1.8.0 on IGR
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 10:10 AM »
Looking forward to the results. As far as I can remember saving was... special on one of those Zelda hacks but I don't remember if it was Parallel Worlds...

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:27 PM »
ikari, i noticed one of your commits addresses a very specific bug in saving. do you intend on releasing a compiled version as minor update?

Offline Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:48 PM »
it  does seem to be just Parellel Worlds and Parellel Remodelled.  LTTP and other games seem to retain their saves on IGR.

Offline animeloverxX93

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 12:44 AM »
Puzzledude said the following regarding the issue:

'The OP should try to play to the uncle and use Save and Quit and reboot the machine completely. Then look if the game has saved. If the device is unable to make a SRM save, than this has nothing to do with the hack/game, but with the device, since the game saves normally.
It also seems he used cheats - bad idea. The same when you beat the game past credits. The game saves after the The end screen+reset, but no idea how it behaves on SD2SNES. Also, beating the game to credits, while still in "Beginning mode" (ie rain) - another bad idea.'

Edit: He elaborated:

'Might be the case of Euclid chaning the SRM id bytes to something unique, which basically prevents you from using ALTTP (original) saves on PW game to avoid confusion. However, it should still save when playing the game obviously. It should also save on real cart for instance.'

Hope this information is helpful. :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:58 PM by animeloverxX93 »

Offline Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Thanks but the game saves just fine.  I play to the end.  However if you use the IGR from the SD2SNES L+R+START+X comb (I think) the save is wiped/lost.