Author Topic: Noob questions :)  (Read 3387 times)

Offline decipher

• View Profile
Noob questions :)
« on: September 12, 2018, 08:03 PM »
Hello,

Could anyone take the time to answer these questions :

1. What is the difference between all save types and why chose one more than the other : EEPROM, SRAM, FLASH64, FLASH128, OFF ?
2. What is the point of the Swap A/B option, is it there just for fun or is there a real purpose ?
3. Whats the point to have RTC OFF ? Does it saves up some battery if you turn if off ?

Thanks !

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Noob questions :)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:47 PM »
  • The different save types are the physical chips that came inside the original games, you have to manually choose one if the save type isn't detected automatically.
  • The point is to make the A button the accept trigger and B the cancel trigger, originally Krikzz prefered the B button as accept by default so by swapping them you assign to the A button the accept function.
  • I think it saves some battery, if you don't plan to use it then turn it off.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline decipher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21 PM »
  • The different save types are the physical chips that came inside the original games, you have to manually choose one if the save type isn't detected automatically.

Thank you for your answers. Is there some kind of a standart, like most of the game use one save type than the others ? And is there a web site i can check to see what chip each games used so then i will add the kind of chip in the filename of the rom to know which save type to select or are most of the games usually automatically detected ?

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:55 PM »

Thank you for your answers. Is there some kind of a standart, like most of the game use one save type than the others ? And is there a web site i can check to see what chip each games used so then i will add the kind of chip in the filename of the rom to know which save type to select or are most of the games usually automatically detected ?

save type is usually detected fully automatically. Romhacks or translation patches might introduce saving issues (MIGHT!, not "will"). If that happens, you can try selecting a different save type.

Offline decipher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:57 PM »

save type is usually detected fully automatically. Romhacks or translation patches might introduce saving issues (MIGHT!, not "will"). If that happens, you can try selecting a different save type.

So it should be left on EEPROM by default ?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2018, 04:27 AM »

no it should be left alone

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 01:33 PM »

It will be different for different roms. You don't need to touch that setting at all, only ever try to change that if you run into saving issues.