Author Topic: Looking for assistance in running N64DD games (X Expansion Kit) on ED2.5  (Read 2928 times)

Offline 1davidj

• View Profile
I bought an everdrive 2.5 back in May and among other things was looking to play the X expansion kit, but I found that when I tried to load the X expansion kit ROM (from 64dd.org), the game starts to load and then the screen goes black, and my TV produces a No Signal message permanently (until I restart the console anyway). I tried both the english and japanese versions, as well as a Japan Pro Golf Tour 64 download and none of the DD games load at all. Every normal non-DD ROM loads perfectly and is playable with no issues; it's only the DD games that will not load. I'm using a 16GB SDHC card formatted in FAT32, and also previously tried a 4GB SD (nonHC) card in FAT32 which functioned identically in this matter.

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions for this. I meant to research more once I got it, but time passed after I was unable to get it to work myself and I got frustrated and dropped the issue for a few months.

Offline jonesalmighty

• View Profile
    • GitHub
Is your console and tv PAL or NTSC?
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth...

Offline 1davidj

• View Profile
Console, TV, and everdrive setting are all NTSC, which all match the game’s format of course.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
You need an expansion pak (it fits in the front of the top of the N64) to play the 64DD games, plus it's needed for two N64 games (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Pokemon Stadium 2), it's almost essential for Perfect Dark, lots of other N64 games benefit from it, and many rom hacks won't work without it.

Also, earlier versions of the Everdrive 64 operating system don't support the 64DD games, you should use v2.12 (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-64/os-bin/) to play them.

Also, I've sent you a PM.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
You need an expansion pak (it fits in the front of the top of the N64) to play the 64DD games, plus it's needed for two N64 games (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Pokemon Stadium 2), it's almost essential for Perfect Dark, lots of other N64 games benefit from it, and many rom hacks won't work without it.

Also, earlier versions of the Everdrive 64 operating system don't support the 64DD games, you should use v2.12 (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-64/os-bin/) to play them.

Hi, Donkey Kong 64 needs the Expansion Pak too, the game have a bug an will freeze without it.

Greetings
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile

Hi, Donkey Kong 64 needs the Expansion Pak too, the game have a bug an will freeze without it.

Greetings

Yes, you're right. It's not Pokemon Stadium 2 that needs the expansion pak, it's Donkey Kong 64, sorry.