Author Topic: Frequency not accepted into everdrive menu  (Read 3338 times)

Offline beccio

• View Profile
Frequency not accepted into everdrive menu
« on: October 24, 2018, 10:51 AM »
Ho to all, i’ve a everdrive 2.5 with latest firmware. My n64 pal is modded with a RGB dac. I’ve found a sony pvm 1440qm (really better then a normal crt tv). My problem is the frequency dont accepted when i’m into the rom list menu. The games load correctly without issues. Is possible do something to fix this problem? The console is connected via pal scart rgb. Thanks!

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Re: Frequency not accepted into everdrive menu
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Do PAL AND NTSC games work fine from menu?

Offline Barawer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:00 PM »
I actually have a problem with the menu as well, i have an RGB modded console as well and the menu shakes quite a lot in my crt. games work fine. maybe the menu outputs in a weird way?
Everdrives I own:
Mega Everdrive V2 (same as Mega everdrive X7), Everdrive N8 Famicom, Turbo Everdrive V2, EverDrive 64 V3, SD2SNES Rev J.
On my wishlist:
Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5.

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Hey, I had the same problems. There are two solutions for the problem. 1. Lower the ED64 menu resolution in the options. 2. Mod your RGB N64 to output CSYNC.

I’ve done the second one. With the CSYNC mod done, you’ll get a better image, the check board pattern and the menu jumping/flashing is gone.

Greetings
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Barawer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 09:11 PM »
Hey, I had the same problems. There are two solutions for the problem. 1. Lower the ED64 menu resolution in the options. 2. Mod your RGB N64 to output CSYNC.

I’ve done the second one. With the CSYNC mod done, you’ll get a better image, the check board pattern and the menu jumping/flashing is gone.

Greetings
Do you have a guide to the mod that you can send? it seems csync would be the best (i hate the checker board on screen!) even if it doesnt help :P
Everdrives I own:
Mega Everdrive V2 (same as Mega everdrive X7), Everdrive N8 Famicom, Turbo Everdrive V2, EverDrive 64 V3, SD2SNES Rev J.
On my wishlist:

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Hi, I’ll try to take some pictures of my N64 later today. My N64 is a france PAL console with the SMD mod and an official Nintendo SNES RGB cable. I don’t know if the mod will work on other N64 console.
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Barawer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 01:33 AM »
Hi, I’ll try to take some pictures of my N64 later today. My N64 is a france PAL console with the SMD mod and an official Nintendo SNES RGB cable. I don’t know if the mod will work on other N64 console.
Hey, i did a csync mod and while it seems to make the jumping a little better it did not fix it :( at least i got rid of the checkerboard pattern!
Thank you anyway!
Everdrives I own:
On my wishlist: