Author Topic: Question about AC adapter from "retrogamesupply.com" and Mega Everdrive X7  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Quaker

• Neo-Space Leprechaun
  • Dogs 'R' Cool
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have received a US Genesis Model 1 and it's missing the power cable. I would like to order one online, but the OEM adapter is very expensive and the 3rd party ones don't seem reliable at all. However, I found that a site in France that sells custom AC adapters that can power the console + the Sega CD & the 32X. They also have models with only one plug.

Here's the threesome : https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/sega/products/power-supply-all-in-one-for-sega-megadrive-genesis-mega-cd-32x

Here's the one I want: https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/sega/products/power-supply-for-sega-megadrive-genesis-1

The first page has good review but the second is dead silent. They claim the specs for the latter are "9V (regulated) & 1.3A" and it seems plausible.

Have you ever tested the Mega Everdrive X7 with this kind of adapter? I would really like to know.

Thanks!
Nintendo : NES - SNES - N64 - GBA - GC - NDS - WII - 3DS - WIIU - SWITCH
Sega : GEN
Sony : PS2
Flash : EDN8 - SD2SNES (soon) - R4i

Offline toadhall

• View Profile
Retro Game Supply are known for their great power supplies. I have several power supplies from them, one of which is the one you're interested in and it works absolutely fine. I also use this exact same adapter with my Japanese Super Famicom (with SD2SNES) and AV Famicom (with Everdrive N8) and those consoles work fine too.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:07 PM by toadhall »

Offline Quaker

• Neo-Space Leprechaun
  • Dogs 'R' Cool
    • View Profile
Hey thanks, I've ordered the one for the Genesis Model 1 and the prices are really good! 24$ CAD is not that expensive in my eyes compared to others options.

I asked the guy about the specifications of the product and I learned thst it actually gave 1.5 amps of juice, more thsn the minimal amount required. Really cconfident with this product so far!  ;D
Nintendo : NES - SNES - N64 - GBA - GC - NDS - WII - 3DS - WIIU - SWITCH
Sega : GEN
Sony : PS2
Flash : EDN8 - SD2SNES (soon) - R4i