Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro  (Read 30325 times)

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2019, 06:20 PM »
No, not next year... this year....

"We going to release new generation #SD2SNES PRO soon this month. Device got massive hardware update and it opens perspective to new features. Most powerful SNES cart become even more powerful now!"
I didn't say "next year". I said "in the next year" which means sometime between now and a year from now.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2019, 06:34 PM »
You know what it seems you are complaining just to complain, or argueing just to argue, at this point you aren't really making much of a point.

They said the release is this month. To me that is not much time to wait, for the initial releases.

The second revision (which are designed to fit in smaller US style shells) is said to come a month or three after that. I.E. which is really not that long away.

Software wise it will run everythign the current SD2SNES will run (Super Fx/SA1, S-DD1 etc).

More upgrades/chipsets will have to come later (there is ETA on that as its up to 3rd party developers to come up with them).

So honestly I don't know what your point is. Unless its just to complain or argue for sake of arguing...

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2019, 09:06 PM »
So honestly I don't know what your point is. Unless its just to complain or argue for sake of arguing...
I was corrected, but it wasn't really a correction, because my point was that that is one of the few legit software upgrades you are likely to see in the near term that takes advantage of the larger FPGA (and as such, the SD2SNES Pro will be much less groundbreaking than the SD2SNES was). And then you came in to correct me again based on not understanding what "in the next year" means.

Offline cybercylon

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2019, 01:04 AM »
I don't understand the anxiety over having to get it now. It does kind of stink for those that just got one, but on the other hand, you are getting most of the features already with the old version aside from save state support with some of the enhancement chips, and having SA-1 work with the MSU-1. When other features are available depends on third parities. Look how long it took to get SA-1 and SFX support.

Save states.... yes... those are nice for us adults, but I haven't found them to be reliable for the carts that support them.

So look at it another way... let everyone else beta test the new one. Wish I had done that with the Super SD System 3. Once new features that you want are rock solid... sell the old one and get the new one. Yes... that is a loss, but it might be awhile before new features are implemented and stable.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2019, 02:09 AM »
I don't understand the anxiety over having to get it now. It does kind of stink for those that just got one, but on the other hand, you are getting most of the features already with the old version aside from save state support with some of the enhancement chips, and having SA-1 work with the MSU-1. When other features are available depends on third parities. Look how long it took to get SA-1 and SFX support.

Save states.... yes... those are nice for us adults, but I haven't found them to be reliable for the carts that support them.

So look at it another way... let everyone else beta test the new one. Wish I had done that with the Super SD System 3. Once new features that you want are rock solid... sell the old one and get the new one. Yes... that is a loss, but it might be awhile before new features are implemented and stable.
Honestly, I sort of wonder about save states on FPGA consoles like the Super Nt. I bet that would work better... Kinda disappointing how few firmware updates there have been to the Super Nt. It's still great, but I was hoping we'd have unofficial firmware with NES support by now. :P

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2019, 06:00 AM »
@Eyedunno: We probably aren't getting more Super NT updates because Kevtris is presently very hard at work finishing up the Mega SG (Sega Genesis version of the Super NT) for launch/release in April of this year.  :P

I've got all four color variants on pre-order myself.  8)
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline RetroAsylum_79

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 17, 2019, 01:27 AM »
@KRIKzz is adding .nes rom support possible?

Offline TomKeller

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2019, 03:25 AM »
For what reason? As it's already stated by ikari_01: there's not enough bus bandwidth on the SNES cart slot to stream any more than the ultra low res 4 color picture data of the Super Game Boy.
The NES picture exceeds this bandwidth limitation by a factor of 10. So even if it may be possible to recreate the whole NES inside the Cyclone IV of the SD2SNES Pro, there would be no way to stream the picture data from the SD2SNES Pro to the SNES.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 17, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Kinda disappointing how few firmware updates there have been to the Super Nt. It's still great, but I was hoping we'd have unofficial firmware with NES support by now. :P

Agree.

Offline marvelus10

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2019, 03:47 AM »
There is an Intellevision emulator for the NES, maybe someone could port it to the SNES to play on the SD2SNES.

Offline Eyedunno

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2019, 07:10 PM »
@Eyedunno: We probably aren't getting more Super NT updates because Kevtris is presently very hard at work finishing up the Mega SG (Sega Genesis version of the Super NT) for launch/release in April of this year.  :P

I've got all four color variants on pre-order myself.  8)
Sure, and then after that we won't get any more updates because they will be busy on the Turbo PCE, and so on. :)

Offline Link83

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Looks like the SD2SNES PRO is now available to purchase:-
https://krikzz.com/store/home/54-sd2snes-pro.html

Offline the_randomizer

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2019, 06:55 PM »
Looks like the SD2SNES PRO is now available to purchase:-
https://krikzz.com/store/home/54-sd2snes-pro.html

That was certainly quick, and not much more than the vanilla cart, huh, cool cool

Offline Chronos30

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2019, 07:09 PM »
It can't possibly use the same firmware as the other SD2SNES can it?

https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads

Online Relikk

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2019, 07:14 PM »
It can't possibly use the same firmware as the other SD2SNES can it?

https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads

I'd think not, especially if there's going to be future updates that the original SD2SNES won't be able to handle. They'd ship with the latest firmware available already on it, anyway. No need to list any firmware until there's an update.