Author Topic: Who sells complete NES libraries for the N8?  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Allen72289

• View Profile
Who sells complete NES libraries for the N8?
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:46 AM »
Please, I would like to buy one

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
Re: Who sells complete NES libraries for the N8?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53 AM »
Errr. are you asking for ROMs?! To... buy them???! ever tried .... google?

Offline animeloverxX93

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 05:56 PM »
To be fair, it wouldn't be any more of a cashgrab than what people do with Classic/Mini consoles by now. :P

But I agree that wanting to pay for ROMs is stupid.
As dreimer said: Google is your friend and things like that aren't too hard to find.

Offline Allen72289

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:44 AM »
Google is coming up with a bunch of Krikzz knockoffs.

I just want  a good source for ROMs. Any companies still selling or  were they shut down?

Offline nastc1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 02:54 AM »
Krikzz knock off what??? Krikzz doesn't produce roms to be knocked off. Google roms. They are free dude. No one is linking you a source here.

Offline PalAndreew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 07:55 AM »
 write in google:. (GoodNES v3.14).

after that, make coffee and start sorting. A few hours can be lost. in one folder should not be more...I do not remember exactly ... but I would have left 50 each in the folder.

start creating folders with alphabetical order / section ...

Original N8 EverDrive cartridges are sold without games in general.
 Even there is no micro SD card included, even firmware. empty cartridge.

and games for nes and famicom, free and free.You do not have to pay for games with expired patents 30 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:10 AM by PalAndreew »

Offline Quaker

• Neo-Space Leprechaun
  • Dogs 'R' Cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Try searching the NoIntro rom set on Archive.org. That's the very least I can tell you.
Nintendo : NES - SNES - N64 - GBA - GC - NDS - WII - 3DS - WIIU - SWITCH
Sega : GEN
Sony : PS2
Flash : EDN8 - SD2SNES (soon) - R4i

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 07:48 PM »
and games for nes and famicom, free and free.You do not have to pay for games with expired patents 30 years ago.

Why don't you run that by Nintendo's legal department and see what they say.  Games don't have patents.  They have copyrights and those copyrights are still valid and legally backed up to this day. 

As to whether one cares about the fact that it's illegal to download ROMs is up to each person.  Just don't be spouting off false information.

Offline PalAndreew

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. Probably I got it wrong or confused somewhere.

I read about the distribution of the license, where: "changes of names, logo, authors' names" are inviolable and not allowed to sell "- I haven’t found more ... but about the free distribution of dumps - as it happens, nintendo, for now, Doesn’t pursue anyone, although Nintendo has its own collections and like rights, for example, nintendo mini or switch, I will try to clarify this question, if necessary, let's just help someone search for collections, otherwise the truth will be paid.[/size]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:04 PM by PalAndreew »

Offline Jdurg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 07:09 PM »
No worries.  Legalese is annoying as all hell.  While not mutually exclusive, patents are more for hardware and copyright is more for software.  (There will always be unique outliers, but it's a pretty good general approximation).

Licenses are also a separate entity.  For a good deal of the older games based on movies or other intellectual property, the licenses allowing that IP to be used in a game only last for so long.  An example of this is the game Punchout on the NES.  It is wrong believed that Nintendo changed the game from Mike Tyson's Punchout to Punchout due to Tyson's rape accusations in 1990.  That really had nothing to do with it.  When Nintendo was releasing Punchout on the NES here in the states, they licensed the likeness and use of Mike Tyson to help promote the game as Tyson was the hottest up and comer on the planet at the time.  They got it dirt cheap since he signed it before he really got big, but by the time the license ran out Nintendo knew they'd have to pay a FORTUNE to keep his name.  So they decided not to do so.

Anyway, that was a bit tangential.  With regards to obtaining ROMs from the internet, it must still be stated that it is against the law to do so.  Whether a person cares about breaking that law is up to them.  (99.9% of the people here won't give a crap about it and really have nothing to worry about with regards to punishment).  Nintendo does indeed pursue people and they go at them HARD.  Any place with the audacity to publicly offer ROMS, or even links to ROMS, will receive nasty letters from Nintendo.  The folks who ran loveroms were sued by Nintendo and Nintendo won the case on all charges.  Those folks are basically indentured servants to Nintendo for the rest of their lives.

Emuparadise.org used to be a very good site as well for ROMS, but after the circumstances with loveroms came to light the owner of that site removed everything in fear of also getting handed a $10,000,000 lawsuit and losing. 

To find ROMs now, folks will need to scour the depths of reddit, dark web sites, etc. etc.  They can still be found, but it will take some work like it did in the past.

Also, it's not a very good idea to post links to ROM sites, or tell people where to go to get ROMs here in these forums.  If the owner of said IP were to come across a link to their property here on these forums, they have every legal right to take action against the owners of these forums and the people running it.

Offline PalAndreew

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33 PM »
This is very serious, you are right ...
for this reason, we cannot provide direct links to paid collections (well, in any case, I do not know about them), since those sellers are unlikely to have the right to sell
... and I meanwhile, apparently, he did not go out for so long.because I thought that since 2007 it was officially allowed to distribute nes games.
I also remembered the difference between a patent and copyrights....
 apparently I missed something out of sight.Thank you for such a detailed answer ... (I checked just in case: are there any links in my messages ... well, that is not present)

Offline Rakutenka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 02:51 AM »
Google is coming up with a bunch of Krikzz knockoffs.

I just want  a good source for ROMs. Any companies still selling or  were they shut down?

Maybe get better at Google searches.