Author Topic: Battery not connected to SD2SNES board - need advice  (Read 1093 times)

Offline rogles11

• View Profile
Battery not connected to SD2SNES board - need advice
« on: March 12, 2019, 08:45 PM »
I've had a problem with saving with the SD2SNES ever since I first used it. I put up with it previously as I never played any games that required saving. Anyway, I recently took it apart and found that the battery holder isn't connected on one end. See the attachments. The first photo shows where it's not connected. The other side looks connected but it's hard to tell if both parts are connected on that side.

Take note that I'm a poor solderer. I was looking at it though and it looks like I could just put a glop of solder connecting the battery holder connector to the circular hole on the board. For soldering this joint, would I need to be very precise?

If so, does anyone know if KRIKzz does any cart repairs? I'd hate to have to buy a whole new one.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 12:16 AM by rogles11 »

Offline PCastro

• View Profile
Re: Battery not connected to SD2SNES board - need advice
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Hi, just a simple solder will already solve your problem.

Offline Amerika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 04:10 PM »
I've had a problem with saving with the SD2SNES ever since I first used it. I put up with it previously as I never played any games that required saving. Anyway, I recently took it apart and found that the battery holder isn't connected on one end. See the attachments. The first photo shows where it's not connected. The other side looks connected but it's hard to tell if both parts are connected on that side.

Take note that I'm a poor solderer. I was looking at it though and it looks like I could just put a glop of solder connecting the battery holder connector to the circular hole on the board. For soldering this joint, would I need to be very precise?

If so, does anyone know if KRIKzz does any cart repairs? I'd hate to have to buy a whole new one.

Yeah, you could easily do this.  Or if you have a friend with a soldering iron and even the smallest amount of experience (really, this takes no experience).  It simply looks like it needs some solder placed in the hole to make a connection and you'd be good to go unless there are other issues that can't be seen.

If you for some reason can't/won't, myself and others here would probably offer up to do it for you if you cover shipping both ways as there is almost no effort involved for anybody who already does system mods/repairs.
NES Everdrive N8, SD2SNES, Mega EverDrive x7, Turbo EverDrive, NeoSD, EverDrive-GBA x5, Ultra EverDrive64 v3

Offline rogles11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Thanks, I managed to solder it myself. It's a big glop, but it works now!