Author Topic: SD2SNES Pro USB and Savestat firmware  (Read 3927 times)

Offline electroniclogic

• View Profile
SD2SNES Pro USB and Savestat firmware
« on: April 09, 2019, 05:38 PM »
Has there been any work done on getting a Pro version of the Usb2Snes firmware or Savestate firmware working on the Project?

Offline valandres

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES Pro USB and Savestat firmware
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 04:23 AM »
I also would love to know the answer to this...

Offline scaryolive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 05:07 PM »
I would also like to know when we can expect the USB fonctions of the SD2SNES Pro to work.
I ''upgraded'' from SD2SNES to SD2SNES Pro thinking that everything that worked on the previous version would work on the Pro version but it doesn't.
So far, this feels like a downgrade until the USB gets working.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 10:02 PM »
Savestates were never officially included older firmware or new firmware. Ikari is working on a better method.

And usb2snes was also made 3rd party: Redguy? So it would be up to him to update it?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:22 PM by Galron »

Offline scaryolive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:30 PM »
I just PM'd Redguy to know if he has any plans on porting the USB2SNES firmware, but it looks like he's been away for a few months now.
If Redguy doesn't end up porting it, is there hope for Ikari to look it?

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Well as I said Ikari is working on an alternative version of save states, one that won't break sound or audio... some kind of real time save. It's discussed in a smokemonster video. But that's a long time away I think... Possibly after implementation of chip needed for Far East of Eden (one can only hope). But his save state version will apparently add save states to special chip games too.

I don't know much of anything about the USB thing though. I don't think it was brought up.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 09:54 PM »
This won't really answer all the questions... But it looks like Ikari has plans for updating drivers for the USB beyond 1.11.x... SO its on horizon but who knows how long?

https://sd2snes.de/blog/status

Offline scaryolive

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 01:32 AM »
Great news everyone. Redguy just updated his USB2SNES Firmware to work with SNESPro!

https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/sd2snes/releases/tag/usb2snes_v10

This is great. Thanks Redguy!

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 01:47 AM »
Nice. Out of curiosity what does USB compatibility do? Is that for homebrew purposes?

Offline scaryolive

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2019, 02:52 AM »
I play a lot of Zelda A Link to the Past Randomiser, a homebrew that randomise items in the game but still makes it logically clearable. We do speedrun races of this game and with USB support we have an Autotracker that keeps track of item on your stream automatically so you don't have to click every item while you play.

Theres also multiplayer support over usb. It's not straight up muitlplayer 2 links in the screen but you can play shared inventory, so say, 2 players play the same seed and when someone finds an item both player get the item and also share money and bombs.

And now there's the multiworld mode when you can play say 5 players with different seeds but then the items are link between seeds so Player 1 can find items of player 2-3-4-5 in his seed and so forth.

Very cool stuff happening right now!

Offline xlom

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2019, 01:04 PM »

Theres also multiplayer support over usb. It's not straight up muitlplayer 2 links in the screen but you can play shared inventory, so say, 2 players play the same seed and when someone finds an item both player get the item and also share money and bombs.

And now there's the multiworld mode when you can play say 5 players with different seeds but then the items are link between seeds so Player 1 can find items of player 2-3-4-5 in his seed and so forth.

The zelda co-op, the only one I've seen is emu-coop and I was unable to find instructions on getting that one to work with the sd2snes. Is there another one I'm unaware of or instructions on getting emu-coop working with sd2snes? I wana try the multiworld games so bad, but they seem to be invite only atm :(

Offline scaryolive

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 04:28 PM »
It is true that the Inventory Sharing Coop  so far only works with LUA scripts wich to my knowledge so far as not been adapted to SD2SNES but with now the multiworld and auto-tracker working on SD2SNES, I don't think it's would be very hard for someone to adapt the scripts for SD2SNES.

As far as multiworld go, it is still in a kinda closed beta but if you know the right persons, you can totaly join ;)
Hit me up on discord #Scaryolive6291 and I'll help you set it up!

Offline emagen303

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 03:29 AM »
glad everyones else has theres working.... I have a unknown usb (device descriptor request failed) for my everdrive. Says the drivers are up to date. restarted multiple times. disconnected multiple times got nothing.