Author Topic: Everdrive GB X7 possible to access menu with buttons?  (Read 2898 times)

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
Everdrive GB X7 possible to access menu with buttons?
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Is it possible to access the in game menu via some means other than clicking the cartridge?
If not, would such a thing be possible to add via a firmware update?

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GB X7 possible to access menu with buttons?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 04:38 PM »
No, the only way is pressing the cart button.

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 12:11 AM »
Likely it would just be easier to use the power button when on a super Nintendo, it seems a lot more easier that way just expect a lot of clicking sounds.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:22 PM »
Likely it would just be easier to use the power button when on a super Nintendo, it seems a lot more easier that way just expect a lot of clicking sounds.

The power button isn't going to bring up the in game menu though, is it?

Having a physical button inside the cart is way less convenient than a button combo.
Not everyone uses an actual handheld to play Gameboy games.

I'm using a Wide Boy 64, and it will be a pain in the ass to have to get up and walk across the room every time I want to make a savestate.

Still waiting for Krikzz to comment.
Could a button combo trigger be added via firmware?

Offline Richardragon87

• SNESAdvance Revival Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 09:18 PM »

Having a physical button inside the cart is way less convenient than a button combo.

I'm using a Wide Boy 64, and it will be a pain in the ass to have to get up and walk across the room every time I want to make a savestate.

Yep it brings up the menu while pressing reset restarts the game you have previously played.

As the Super Gameboy can only load up the game if it isn't fully turned off, turning off and on your SNES brings you back to the menu.

This also applies to boarders on SGB enhanced games the device will always keep the boarder on until the device is turned off so likely if an in game button menu did exist kind of like how the SD2 SNES did it in the future you would likely be able to use the boarders from any game on any non enhanced game complete with its pallet set.
[quote Random dating spambotJ

Post changed:

Great, the photo didn't load! Does anyone know how to fix this?
In any case, my other photos can be viewed here, I will be glad to meet you, I love flirt))

P.S Richardragon87! Don't write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 03:22 AM »

Yep it brings up the menu while pressing reset restarts the game you have previously played.

As the Super Gameboy can only load up the game if it isn't fully turned off, turning off and on your SNES brings you back to the menu.

This also applies to boarders on SGB enhanced games the device will always keep the boarder on until the device is turned off so likely if an in game button menu did exist kind of like how the SD2 SNES did it in the future you would likely be able to use the boarders from any game on any non enhanced game complete with its pallet set.

Dude, I'm talking about the in game menu, not the front end.

Offline Marteicos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:43 PM »
There were no feasible way to allow a button combo to work. Only a few games would work with a button combo approach, that is why Krikzz used a button on the cartridge.

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 05:53 AM »
There were no feasible way to allow a button combo to work. Only a few games would work with a button combo approach, that is why Krikzz used a button on the cartridge.

Understood.
Thanks for the explanation.

I'll see if I can come up with a hardware solution of some kind...