Author Topic: Micro SD? What is the best?  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Galron

• View Profile
Micro SD? What is the best?
« on: July 24, 2019, 02:41 AM »
I usually use SanDisk, but I hear good things about SamSung Micro SDs too IIRC.

WHat is the difference between the different versions of Micro Sd for example SanDisk Ultra and Extreme? Which is the fastest, and most reliable for flashcarts? I'm thinking about expanding to a larger size Micro SD for my SD2SNES, and the upcoming Mega SD, and I want most reliable I can get. I'm thinking of at least going with 128 gb versions.

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: Micro SD? What is the best?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Since the SD card is mostly for storing roms and save data on, which are then uploaded to rom and save memory before loading a new game, speed usually doesn't matter much for flashcarts. One exception is the SD2SNES for things like MSU1 and such.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Well that's the reason MSU1, and I believe SegaCD compatiblity and its equivalent to MSU1 on the Mega SD will benefit form faster micro sds speeds.

Offline InnerCircle

• Gamma Irradiated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Using a Class 10 and UHS (Ultra High Speed) Class 1 (U-1) rated microSD card ensures high-performance I/O. As both the SanDisk Micro SD Ultra Plus and a Micro SD Extreme Plus meet this requirement, any additional gains achieved by the faster access time of the Micro SD Extreme Plus are likely to be so minimal as to not be detectable by the user.

Offline Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 09:55 PM »
Thanks I usually buy Ultra Plus. I bought Extreme Plus 128 for use with SD2SNES or the upcoming Mega SD flashcart.  I've always had good luck with Sandisk products. Hopefully it works out for me.